ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The Range (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1007054-the-range.html)

wrx300scooby 27 June 2014 08:06 PM

The Range

What a fahookin tin pot set up this company is. Anyone else on here had any bad experiences with them?

Brun 27 June 2014 09:14 PM

No, quite happy to shop in there!

wrx300scooby 27 June 2014 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 11458166)
No, quite happy to shop in there!

Easily pleased then:lol1:

Brun 27 June 2014 09:55 PM

No. If they have what I want then I buy, just the same as any other shop!

Dingdongler 27 June 2014 10:20 PM

Never heard of them.

The Dogs B******s 28 June 2014 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 11458202)
No. If they have what I want then I buy, just the same as any other shop!

This.

nik52wrx 28 June 2014 07:50 AM

What happened in your case?

Originally Posted by wrx300scooby (Post 11458113)
What a fahookin tin pot set up this company is. Anyone else on here had any bad experiences with them?

alcazar 28 June 2014 12:09 PM

Awful place full of cheap tat and end-of-range stuff.

Typical of the UK at the moment. One step up from a charity shop.

The owner is one of the richest men in the UK, mind. so that's OK then.

ALi-B 28 June 2014 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11458447)

Yes: So long has he pays his tax, doesn't fiddle his returns, has UK bank accounts and employs British staff :thumb:

CutMasterT 28 June 2014 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11458447)
Awful place full of cheap tat and end-of-range stuff.

Typical of the UK at the moment. One step up from a charity shop.

I think it's ok tbh. Got some nice memory foam pillows in there for £10. Guess it depends what you're shopping for, but it's certainly better than B&M.

Lydia72 28 June 2014 05:36 PM

It's not all tat, some of it is okay stuff. I've bought candles in there for £1.50 and then seen exactly the same for £10 in the Chatsworth House gift shop. A lot of the shops look like they could do with a good clean and the staff aren't always too bright but that doesn't bother me if I'm getting a bargain.

LSherratt 28 June 2014 10:45 PM

I thought only old people shopped in The Range :lol1:.

Lydia72 28 June 2014 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11458804)

Average S'Netter is old. There was a thread a while back, people saying their age and their occupation, from that you'd think everyone was in their forties and worked in IT :D

wrx300scooby 28 June 2014 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11458804)

I am 56 and retired so fit the bill there, still a tin pot concern in my eyes:lol1:

Midlife...... 29 June 2014 12:14 AM

I shop at the Range for the odd item here in Carlisle.....

But what's more important is how the feck you have managed to retire at 56.......I'm 54 and have to work for another 12 years at least to get my full pension and put a few quid aside

Shaun

Alan Jeffery 29 June 2014 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lydia72 (Post 11458601)
It's not all tat, some of it is okay stuff. I've bought candles in there for £1.50 and then seen exactly the same for £10 in the Chatsworth House gift shop. A lot of the shops look like they could do with a good clean and the staff aren't always too bright but that doesn't bother me if I'm getting a bargain.

Did you buy four?

f1_fan 29 June 2014 01:17 AM

The problem is nearly everyone in the UK including most on this forum want everything for nothing. Consequently shops full of cheap poor quality Chinese tat is what you are going to get.

We've made our bed so now we have to lie in it! It's as simple as that!

flat4 to the floor 29 June 2014 07:51 AM

:lol1:

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery (Post 11458869)
Did you buy four?

it must be age related,as soon as i read it i had a chuckle.i took a look at it on youtube only last week.
Well off i go to my solid oak bed that i made so must lie in!

Lydia72 29 June 2014 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11458871)
The problem is nearly everyone in the UK including most on this forum want everything for nothing. Consequently shops full of cheap poor quality Chinese tat is what you are going to get.

Or maybe it's because actually they can only afford to buy cheap poor quality Chinese tat. It's nice to have the choice, if you have the income to match.

Chip 29 June 2014 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 11458222)
Never heard of them.

I think it's one of those cheap shops where common people go to buy their tat ;)

DYK 29 June 2014 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11458871)

I'm off to the pound shop :D

The Dogs B******s 29 June 2014 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 11459000)

I'm off to the pound shop :D

I'm in Rhodes at the moment, went in a €1 euro shop just to have a look, we've got it much better at home, this place as full of tat that wasn't even worth €1. On the plus side, it's red hot over here:D

DYK 29 June 2014 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s (Post 11459038)
I'm in Rhodes at the moment, went in a €1 euro shop just to have a look, we've got it much better at home, this place as full of tat that wasn't even worth €1. On the plus side, it's red hot over here:D

:lol1::lol1:

Can't wait to get back Prague,33 Celsius two weeks ago,swimming in the lake :D .looking to buy a place,said to her had enough of renting.. :idea:

Adrian F 30 June 2014 11:51 PM

i use to like range then i bought something that broke in one day and had eal issues with getting it replaced.

The shop manager had the attitiude that they dont offer a warranty that lasts beyond the door of the shop.

still lesson learned i dont shop there anymore

steve jackson 01 July 2014 09:04 PM

56!!! Teaching must be harder than manual work :-) :-) LoL

wrx300scooby 02 July 2014 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by steve jackson (Post 11460701)
56!!! Teaching must be harder than manual work :-) :-) LoL

I had a big paper round ok Steve!!!:lol1:

Turbohot 03 July 2014 09:07 PM

We don't have The Range within our range. We have Diskos type shop and B&M in the town, and they are full of tack. Some stuff is alright, but the quality in general isn't so good. No wonder these shops are cheapies. I do pop in at that Diskos type to get Yorkshire tea bags on cheap sometimes when I'm passing. Still due to convert myself as an Assam Tea drinker one day. I also got a lamp and a little rug for my office from that cheapie a couple of months back. Lamp is cool for 7 quid, but the rug does look tacky for 3.99. I must get the previous one cleaned. I got twig fairy lights for 7 quid from B&M, and they are diabolical. The look of them makes me feel like snapping them, they're that fekking obnoxious!

hodgy0_2 03 July 2014 11:15 PM

Presumably the range is a northern construct

dpb 03 July 2014 11:27 PM

Charity shops here are a step up from the pound shop, which is full of expired xhing xhong crap.

Turbohot 04 July 2014 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11462224)
Charity shops here are a step up from the pound shop, which is full of expired xhing xhong crap.

Loving the term 'xhing xhong' lol :D although iPhone was being awkward with letting me type it.

Charity shops and second hand bookshops are cool! I was on a coast last week, and I saw an amazing second hand bookshop not far from the beach. It's called The Honesty Bookshop. Full of non-fiction and academic books; just the way I like them. They were priced quite thoughtfully (not dirt cheap). The most amazing thing was that it was completely unmanned or unwomanned. It said on the poster that one can pick any book, use honesty and push the cash through the crooked crack bang in the middle of an ancient door. I was highly impressed with the quality of the books as well as with the concept. You couldn't be dishonest there, even if you were a complete sociopath. I bought 4 valuable books for about 50 quid there, and don't regret any penny spent there. One cheapie as well, which was a battered 1973 reprint of R.D. Laing's literature, although I already had a clean copy back home.