ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   1st time at the British Grand Prix (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1006955-1st-time-at-the-british-grand-prix.html)

SCD Simon 26 June 2014 07:19 AM

1st time at the British Grand Prix

I'm going to Silverstone for the 1st time for the Grand Prix weekend. It's a 50th birthday present from my better half.

I'll have to come up with something special for hers in a couple of years time now but like any normal bloke I'll think about that just before it happens lol

My question is does anyone have any suggestions of what I should or shouldn't do while I'm there ?

walsallboy 26 June 2014 07:30 AM

Get there as Early as possible ! Its nightmare Getting in and Out !! But thats all ! Enjoy ! I went to spanish grad prix this year ! Fantastic .

SCD Simon 26 June 2014 07:36 AM

We expect to be parking up at 8 am on race day, would that be ok ?

walsallboy 26 June 2014 07:47 AM

Well we Got their for about 5 ! I think the Gates Open at 6 ! , i think it dependa Where you are sitting ? If you Got a set seat your ok but we were on the grass , so we wanted a Good view

walsallboy 26 June 2014 07:51 AM

Where you parking too on the si te etc ! We had too park ten miles away then catch there special bus That till you striaght in !

SCD Simon 26 June 2014 08:25 AM

Allocated parking on site about 20 to 30 mins from main entrance :D

SCD Simon 26 June 2014 08:26 AM

We have reserved seats :thumb:

walsallboy 26 June 2014 08:35 AM

Sound mate Have a Good time !!, come on Lewis !!!

casualhero 26 June 2014 08:36 AM

I'd be going as early as poss because reserved seats don't reserve places on the road and it's the approach that's the killer, in my experience :(

Somebody mentioned 5am and that's the kind of time that avoids the majority of the road tragedy that surrounds Silverstone for most of that day. I did Le Mans a couple if weeks ago and went for a more leisurely 8am on account of it being a more leisurely 3 o'clock kickoff and I sat in traffic within earshot of the cars on track for 2 hours trying to get to my reserved parking and in the end I parked in a restaurant car park for an additional 30 euros. And that's the same kind of memories I have of Silverstone. Spa and Monza have no parking and traffic problems however - I know that doesn't really help - soz...

There's plenty of atmosphere amongst the early arriving crowd so the day is already getting going then :)

Have an ace time!!

SCD Simon 26 June 2014 09:23 AM

Cheers early it is then :)

Really looking forward to it :thumb:

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 26 June 2014 12:02 PM

Enjoy!

My advice would be to take a radio and headphones and tune in to Silverstone FM. If you are not lucky enough to have the view of a big screen, without a radio you'll be largely clueless about what's happening in the race! Watching the cars is great, but knowing what's happening in the race makes it much better.