ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Destination Nurburgring 10 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1006457-destination-nurburgring-10-a.html)

-Nic- 17 June 2014 07:44 PM

Destination Nurburgring 10

Hi,

I noticed a few Impreza's on the attendees list on the DN website :thumb:

Anyone else from here going?

mike112 17 June 2014 08:31 PM

Yep, Iīm there as well:thumb: both days, you as well:)

-Nic- 17 June 2014 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by mike112 (Post 11451683)
Yep, Iīm there as well:thumb: both days, you as well:)

I've booked both days :thumb: can't wait :D the DN events are an amazing way to enjoy the 'ring :thumb:

What Impreza do you have?

juggers 17 June 2014 09:16 PM

I was going to go to this, but had to cancel because of work!! :(

Captainfunbags 17 June 2014 09:21 PM

Awesome place enjoy :)

-Nic- 17 June 2014 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by juggers (Post 11451716)
I was going to go to this, but had to cancel because of work!! :(

I very nearly had to do the same... Next year mate :thumb: or there's always TF. Heading over in Aug and Sept too :D

mike112 17 June 2014 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by -Nic- (Post 11451709)
I've booked both days :thumb: can't wait :D the DN events are an amazing way to enjoy the 'ring :thumb:

What Impreza do you have?

Hi Nic,

jdm sti bugeye with a rollcage and quite a few modificationīs. Iīve got 3 set of rimīs, 1 set with Slicks:).

Car will be trailered there.

Will be two good days.

Were are you staying.

Iīm staying at Hotel Ringhaus Altes Forsthaus

-Nic- 17 June 2014 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by mike112 (Post 11451733)
Hi Nic,

jdm sti bugeye with a rollcage and quite a few modificationīs. Iīve got 3 set of rimīs, 1 set with Slicks:).

Car will be trailered there.

Will be two good days.

Were are you staying.

Iīm staying at Hotel Ringhaus Altes Forsthaus

You'll be flying round :thumb: I'm taking my daily drive so it'll be driven there and back (hopefully) armed with torque wrench & tyre pressure gauge :D

I'm staying at the Ringvilla in Adenau.

I see there's a P1 an STI and a Spec C on the attendees list... Oh, and a shed load of GT3's and M3's :lol1:

mike112 17 June 2014 09:47 PM

see you there:thumb:

mightymaxuk 17 June 2014 10:10 PM

I'm going

Count me in :D I'm going over in my 06 STi hawkeye. Had my car mapped by Andrew Carr last week - very happy with results. Looking forward to this trip very much. Will be filming as much as possible with a gopro strapped on the front and back!

Matt.

-Nic- 17 June 2014 10:25 PM

Good stuff :thumb: can't wait :D

The Pink Ninja 17 June 2014 10:25 PM

About 6 of us going in Aug 13-18th...3 or 4 spec-c`s and a couple of others, Maybe a GTR too, lol.

-Nic- 18 June 2014 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by GAZ2293 (Post 11451767)
About 6 of us going in Aug 13-18th...3 or 4 spec-c`s and a couple of others, Maybe a GTR too, lol.

I'll keep an eye out, I'm there then too :thumb:

kevfawcett 18 June 2014 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by GAZ2293 (Post 11451767)

You wouldn't be going with Paul Bickerton are you? He's from Poulton and I'm sure he's going that weekend

Is it really worth paying the extra money for DN10 over a regular weekend open day? A grand for 2days worth of running sounds a bit excessive to me. How many laps do people normally do? 10 laps per day (which I think is a decent amount) will work out at 50quid per lap :eek:

-Nic- 18 June 2014 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by kevfawcett (Post 11451885)
You wouldn't be going with Paul Bickerton are you? He's from Poulton and I'm sure he's going that weekend

Is it really worth paying the extra money for DN10 over a regular weekend open day? A grand for 2days worth of running sounds a bit excessive to me. How many laps do people normally do? 10 laps per day (which I think is a decent amount) will work out at 50quid per lap :eek:

IMO yes it is worth the extra. On the last 3 DN events I averaged about 25 laps per day, many of those only seeing a handful of other cars.

Don't get me wrong, TF can be great but it can also be disappointing with regular closures. All depends on what you want really. :thumb:

kevfawcett 20 June 2014 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by -Nic- (Post 11451924)
IMO yes it is worth the extra. On the last 3 DN events I averaged about 25 laps per day, many of those only seeing a handful of other cars.

Don't get me wrong, TF can be great but it can also be disappointing with regular closures. All depends on what you want really. :thumb:

Sorry for the delayed reply, missed your response.

Fair enough. Don't think I'd be doing 25 laps in a day though, don't think it would be worth it for me

man utd 20 June 2014 08:22 PM

I've been going to the ring a few years now and Who would want to do 25 laps a day?? Done ring days and they are ok but bit boring and car takes a lot of grief, yes touristfahrten can be a pain but great fun and I'd prob do 8/10 laps a day max
Back mid August can't wait, cheers Rob

-Nic- 20 June 2014 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by man utd (Post 11453617)
I've been going to the ring a few years now and Who would want to do 25 laps a day?? Done ring days and they are ok but bit boring and car takes a lot of grief, yes touristfahrten can be a pain but great fun and I'd prob do 8/10 laps a day max
Back mid August can't wait, cheers Rob

Er... Me :thumb:

Don't get me wrong, I love the TF days, have 3 trips booked this year.
No track event can replace the atmosphere of TF but for guaranteed and clear track time you can't beat the track days there imo.

Either way you enjoy it, it's an amazing track :thumb:

man utd 20 June 2014 09:31 PM

Hi yeah maybe see you in august and show me the way round

-Nic- 20 June 2014 09:37 PM

If you've been going for a few years on track days & TF I'm pretty sure you don't need me showing you the way round.

fpan 20 June 2014 09:38 PM

Track days don't compare with TF IMHO, just for the safety aspect it's worth paying for a track day.

Otherwise next best is a TF but only on weekdays and non bank holidays.

man utd 20 June 2014 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by -Nic- (Post 11453697)
If you've been going for a few years on track days & TF I'm pretty sure you don't need me showing you the way round.

Ha yeah sorry I was joking going round ok, hopefully see you there

casualhero 21 June 2014 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by fpan (Post 11453698)
Track days don't compare with TF IMHO, just for the safety aspect it's worth paying for a track day.

Otherwise next best is a TF but only on weekdays and non bank holidays.

I'd deffo agree with that. On a DN track day it's full track as a race track, no silly stopping each lap, everybody on track for the same reason, having attended the same drivers' briefing and signed up to the same code of conduct.

There's just a major difference in the feel of the place and then out on track it's better still because of the fact that everybody's there for the same reason instead of the worry/risk of coming across some wrong-uns. And there's usually some very exotic machinery there to drool over too...

I did the October DN one a couple of years ago in a hired Rent4Ring ST170 and once the new car arrives I will just HAVE to have a go again and it'll be DN again. Gonna be next year now tho for me :(

The Pink Ninja 01 July 2014 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by man utd (Post 11453691)
Hi yeah maybe see you in august and show me the way round

:lol1:

I was just going to say the same thing to you ;)

mightymaxuk 06 July 2014 11:44 PM

Back from the ring.....

Two day trackday at the Nurburgring...wow what an experience!

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2933/...c6c2319d_b.jpg

juggers 07 July 2014 12:44 AM

More pics please!

kevfawcett 07 July 2014 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by mightymaxuk (Post 11463993)
Two day trackday at the Nurburgring...wow what an experience!

Jealous, although I'm booked to go back in Sept so not too long to wait. Did anybody say anything about the GoPro being on the outside of the car? Is this allowed?

-Nic- 07 July 2014 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by kevfawcett (Post 11464039)
Jealous, although I'm booked to go back in Sept so not too long to wait. Did anybody say anything about the GoPro being on the outside of the car? Is this allowed?

Not a problem on a track day but you'll struggle to get away with that on a TF day.

mike112 07 July 2014 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by -Nic- (Post 11464389)
Not a problem on a track day but you'll struggle to get away with that on a TF day.

thats spot on Nic, TF no way and the next thing is the front seats, remember the new regulation which states no racing seats with side head protection.

Iīve seen it happen, they check the vehicles and if necessary wave you back.

kevfawcett 07 July 2014 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by -Nic- (Post 11464389)

Thought that might be the case :( Thanks