ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WANTED Sprint car to borrow for TOTB (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1006447-wanted-sprint-car-to-borrow-for-totb.html)

Rob Day 17 June 2014 05:58 PM

WANTED Sprint car to borrow for TOTB

Happy to put my own petrol in, and I'll even give you £50 for the tyres I chew up :D

Don't want to spend more than £200 on the higher of the car for the weekend, and I need it delivering please :D

Anything I've missed? ;)

gazzawrx 17 June 2014 06:38 PM

You want it washing and servicing beforehand and to come with a full tank of fuel:lol1:

Aaron1978 17 June 2014 06:44 PM

Anything you've missed? Clearly rehab! :D

IanK Spec C 17 June 2014 06:46 PM

I'd insist on a tank of v power and a go pro for that much!

ditchmyster 17 June 2014 06:51 PM

£200 bloody hell that's steep, i'd expect whoever to throw his mrs into the deal for a weekend of orifice abuse as well for that much dollar.:thumb:

kingofturds 17 June 2014 07:01 PM

I have a 1 litre saxo with bad boy bonnet you can hire for £500 a day. No need to thank me, it's what I do.

MattyB1983 17 June 2014 07:02 PM

I've got an old astra here that I can rip the interior out of if you wanna use that.
Call it £150 for the weekend plus fuel and i'll cover the tyre damage......

:-)

Rob Day 17 June 2014 07:24 PM

After some careful deliberation, I've decided to sweeten the deal to try in hope that some chav who's managed to afford a Scoob will drop me a pm.

Now prepared to map the car myself with my Acer XP laptop and vag lead. I'll even map for use of the dregs of a 205L barrel of meth ( well I think its meth) I've had outside for a few years too ;)

I'll happily wash tbe car down too at my local £1 car wash and sprinkle some brut on the driver seat afterwards to cover up any undesired smells.

Oh and for added security at Elvington, I'll keep tbe car close by the Wong pi$$ up tent and BBQ to prevent it going missing!

fat-thomas 17 June 2014 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Day (Post 11451637)
After some careful deliberation, I've decided to sweeten the deal to try in hope that some chav who's managed to afford a Scoob will drop me a pm.

Now prepared to map the car myself with my Acer XP laptop and vag lead. I'll even map for use of the dregs of a 205L barrel of meth ( well I think its meth) I've had outside for a few years too ;)

I'll happily wash tbe car down too at my local £1 car wash and sprinkle some brut on the driver seat afterwards to cover up any undesired smells.

Oh and for added security at Elvington, I'll keep tbe car close by the Wong pi$$ up tent and BBQ to prevent it going missing!

Is Wong going to levitate??? If so you can use my Daewoo nexia

joe v3sti 17 June 2014 07:44 PM

You will give the owner free passenger laps all day? :p

Rob Day 17 June 2014 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11451649)

I'm sure there well be so e form of exhibition from Dave one way of another ;)

Originally Posted by joe v3sti (Post 11451652)
You will give the owner free passenger laps all day? :p

Good idea, providing the owner isn't hefty as I don't want to be carrying excessive weight. So ideally someone under 8 stone, and maybe of a bra size 34C :D

Carnut 17 June 2014 11:32 PM

I have considered your offer very carefully and can see a clear financial gain.:Suspiciou . I can provide you with my 22b that I have just lovingly restored and spent many many thousands on but would have to ask that you give it at least 5 miles to run the new engine in as I have not yet drove it myself. There would be no need for your methanol as its been mapped to run on 95 ron so it doesn't cost me to much at the pump (every penny counts :)) and the new tyres I have bought dont wear down I am told by the tyre fitter so will be no need for your tyre contribution.

I hope to hear from you soon and just hope that you have not had a better offer. :cry:

your's sincerely

Mr chris j t

legb4rsk 17 June 2014 11:59 PM

I'm worried that the 205L barrel of meth you left outside has been leaking into the water supply.

:D:thumb:

Rob Day 18 June 2014 08:23 AM

Thanks for the offer Chris, but I would ideally like something newer, not an old rear arch rust bucket. Also bigger CC the engine the better, so a bullet proof Soec D would be perfect. I heard you can remap these to almost 500/500 with little mods ;)

Oh and as for the tyres that your fitter sold you: I would be very interested in buying some, or borrowing and returning after the event!

As for the meth, none has leaked, my daughter was playing in the sandpit out back yesterday and she said that she left enough in there for a few gallon mix. The only possible contamination with water is when she splashed it at her mates and then I hosed them down as I know it's not good for her, she has a limitless dry skin and it irritates now and again. Her mates are fine with it though, although one friend hasnt been round now for a while, and I think the family have gone on holiday to one of those Centres Parks..... St Peters Skin Graft Centre I think they call it

gussy 18 June 2014 08:32 AM

As for the meth, none has leaked, my daughter was playing in the sandpit out back yesterday and she said that she left enough in there for a few gallon mix. The only possible contamination with water is when she splashed it at her mates and then I hosed them down as I know it's not good for her, she has a limitless dry skin and it irritates now and again. Her mates are fine with it though, although one friend hasnt been round now for a while, and I think the family have gone on holiday to one of those Centres Parks..... St Peters Skin Graft Centre I think they call it[/QUOTE]

Classic Rob :) I have been known to lend my cars out in the past for sprints but unfortunately the one I have now isn't ready yet :(

Rob Day 18 June 2014 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by gussy (Post 11451914)

Classic Rob :) I have been known to lend my cars out in the past for sprints but unfortunately the one I have now isn't ready yet :(

Looks like I'm spectating this year :(

I'd ask my mate for his WRC Dmack Fiesta, but at £500k a car I think the answer would be :nono:

ditchmyster 18 June 2014 09:48 AM

Get the fireblade out, should make for some interesting viewing on the handling circuit.:thumb:

Rob Day 18 June 2014 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11451969)
Get the fireblade out, should make for some interesting viewing on the handling circuit.:thumb:

I had considered it :norty:

I doubt the straightliners marshals would be happy about that though!

Hmmm an email to the chairman maybe :luvlove:

Dave-W- 18 June 2014 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Day (Post 11451637)

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11451649)

Originally Posted by Rob Day (Post 11451795)
I'm sure there well be so e form of exhibition from Dave one way of another ;)

Good idea, providing the owner isn't hefty as I don't want to be carrying excessive weight. So ideally someone under 8 stone, and maybe of a bra size 34C :D

no entertainment from me this year no vodka and early to bed

honest :D

Emmaroids 18 June 2014 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-W- (Post 11452180)

Righteo ;)

joe v3sti 18 June 2014 05:46 PM

If mine had a motor in it, I would have happily lent you it for 10 bob and a bent washer

Emmaroids 18 June 2014 05:48 PM

ill lend you my wrx for 2k, when you have finished you can keep it......
cant say fairer than that

joe v3sti 18 June 2014 05:49 PM

I'm too young to even know what 10 bob is

Rob Day 18 June 2014 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-W- (Post 11452180)

:beer: ok Dave :lol1:

Originally Posted by joe v3sti (Post 11452246)
If mine had a motor in it, I would have happily lent you it for 10 bob and a bent washer

Bugger, can't you cobble it together for July 26th?

Originally Posted by Emmaroids (Post 11452247)
ill lend you my wrx for 2k, when you have finished you can keep it......
cant say fairer than that

Seen it Emma, I actually considered it!

Are you and Dan going this year?

Rob

Emmaroids 18 June 2014 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Day (Post 11452311)
:beer: ok Dave :lol1:

Bugger, can't you cobble it together for July 26th?

Seen it Emma, I actually considered it!

Are you and Dan going this year?

Rob

Im definitely going to be there. Doing the handling strip on my push bike !

Rob Day 18 June 2014 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Emmaroids (Post 11452323)
Im definitely going to be there. Doing the handling strip on my push bike !

Now that I'd like to see :thumb:

You'll probably beat me on the bike :notworthy