ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Scoobyworld ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1006118-scoobyworld.html)

Matt_STi 12 June 2014 11:44 AM

Scoobyworld ?

What are peoples views on Scoobyworld? I've emailed them numerous amount of times regarding certain items i'm after or if they stock certain items but I never seem to get a reply.

Am I just unlucky or should I avoid?

I'm after a prosport oil temp gauge, so if anyone knows a good place to get one, let me know!

GONZO01 12 June 2014 11:49 AM

Haven't dealt with them myself but I'm looking at getting some gauges also and I'm going to get mine from xyber autos they are around £20 per gauge cheaper and a few people on here have dealt with them.

MattyB1983 12 June 2014 11:59 AM

I've dealt with scoobyworld a few times. The communication is not the greatest but parts have always arrived promptly.

Matt_STi 12 June 2014 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by GONZO01 (Post 11448576)
Haven't dealt with them myself but I'm looking at getting some gauges also and I'm going to get mine from xyber autos they are around £20 per gauge cheaper and a few people on here have dealt with them.

The website doesn't load for me when I click gauges. Might be my internet though. How much do they charge for a prosport evo oil temp?

Mustoe91 12 June 2014 12:32 PM

I've brought a prosport boost gauge off eBay for £45 can't fault it

rb5 stu 12 June 2014 01:24 PM

I live in NI and they charge unbelievable postage prices. They charged me almost £50 to deliver a hks ssqv. I wont be back. A few guys over here have said they will never use them again.

dabiscuit 12 June 2014 02:25 PM

Not had an email convo with them but ordering was easy and on time and their servicing is top notch too

Rescue Dude 12 June 2014 02:34 PM

I got my Prosports from this place.

http://rspec.co.uk/performance-gauges

Great service and great aftersales as well.

Matt_STi 12 June 2014 02:58 PM

Is the prosport worth the price? Are they easy to wire in? I currently have a cheap £10 eBay one which obviously is crap and broken

Rescue Dude 12 June 2014 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_STi (Post 11448670)
Is the prosport worth the price? Are they easy to wire in? I currently have a cheap £10 eBay one which obviously is crap and broken

Had mine for a year or two. Only problem I had was when I accidentally stripped the wires on one of the sensor cable rejigging the engine bay. D'OH!!!

The Dude at R-Spec sorted me out no problem.

They're worth the money. Certainly not the best but good for what you pay for. Wiring is easy enough.

Hardest part is fitting the sensor above cylinder 3.

MrNoisy 12 June 2014 03:37 PM

Scoobyworld are ok I'd say.
Neither expensive nor cheap, but pretty much middle of the road.
Every now and then they do stuff cheap - got my Exedy pink clutch from them at a price cheaper than any of the other big names could offer at the time (about 18 months back), and it arrived promptly so couldn't moan about it.

In regards to Prosport gauges they're cheap and cheerful but the wire quality is crap and the boost gauge senders do tend to bust; the backlighting on my originals which are now about 4 years old is not anywhere near as good as it originally was.
I also would advise anyone against going to XyberAutos as if anything goes wrong with the transaction, the owner apparently becomes the most elusive person on the planet if you ask for replacements or refunds. Just go to R-Spec, they're the official UK supplier.
I bought mine from XyberAutos in a group buy and received 2 matching gauges, and the other with a different style font on the gauge....

edsel 12 June 2014 07:00 PM

I got mine from R spec. Very helpful knowledgeable people. I could have sworn mine were broken but the guy talked me through the fitting and it was my error. Reccomended!

scoobyjunky 12 June 2014 10:46 PM

I have bought many parts from them including the prosport gauges and fitted by them when they had the deal on been on 2 years now never had any problems recommended by me for sure instead of emailing why not just ring instead not that hard ?

Mustoe91 12 June 2014 10:49 PM

When I emailed them a while back the email they sent me went into my junk folder have you checked yours ? Just a idea

banny sti 12 June 2014 10:55 PM

Not the best over email but spot on over the phone :)

lordharding 13 June 2014 07:18 AM

Pick up the phone and ring them the old fashioned way
It works

fawor 13 June 2014 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by lordharding (Post 11449044)
Pick up the phone and ring them the old fashioned way
It works

+1
i highly rate them:thumb:used them once when they made offer -3h labour free when You buy part from them- they did my exedy pink, almost free fitting:luxhello:(paid for half hour)
during 6years scoob ownership never heard about similar offer from any other company.

Matt_STi 13 June 2014 09:10 AM

Everyone saying about ringing them, whilst this is an option it's not an easy option whilst at work, where as sending a quick email is!

XDevil666 13 June 2014 11:17 AM

I work around the corner from them

There is nothing to worry about there a proper business :
Give them a call they always are really helpful on the phone

imprezaworks 13 June 2014 01:36 PM

Like said just ring them. Makes me laugh when threads like this pop up.

Matt_STi 13 June 2014 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by imprezaworks (Post 11449211)
Like said just ring them. Makes me laugh when threads like this pop up.

I'm glad it made you smile, my job here is done.

However, as I mentioned earlier when I'm at work, its easy to email but making personal calls is not.

Mustoe91 13 June 2014 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_STi (Post 11449255)
I'm glad it made you smile, my job here is done.

However, as I mentioned earlier when I'm at work, its easy to email but making personal calls is not.

Lunch break?

Matt_STi 13 June 2014 02:43 PM

I work in an almost dead zone and never have signal. I don't get home till late and they are closed.

I don't see that emailing or ringing should be an issue, you'd expect customer service to supply an answer to either. my original question was reviews on scoobyworld which people have replied.

Mustoe91 13 June 2014 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_STi (Post 11449259)
I work in an almost dead zone and never have signal. I don't get home till late and they are closed.

I don't see that emailing or ringing should be an issue, you'd expect customer service to supply an answer to either. my original question was reviews on scoobyworld which people have replied.

Funny you should say about reviews last night I ordered a zunsport grill and they rang me today just confirming the year of my car very friendly and helpful I will defiantly buy from them again

Matt_STi 13 June 2014 05:45 PM

Finally managed to ring them in time, yes they are million times better on phone than email.

JDM_333 13 June 2014 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 11448580)
I've dealt with scoobyworld a few times. The communication is not the greatest but parts have always arrived promptly.

Same for me, in the end its just easier to phone them but even then you don't always get through.

I don't know about you but it seems to be a common theme with most companies these days and its ruddy annoying! :Suspiciou

cuprajake 14 June 2014 07:13 AM

Not the best experience for me,

Rang up to order a spoiler, paid for it

Then a week later still hadn't arrived. Rung back got told it would be another week. That then passed. Rang again and got told another week so cancelled the order, then took 2 weeks if chasing to get my refund.

Same just happened to a mate who ordered an afterburner off them, took money then get an out of stick email, he rings gets told a weeks wait. After that weeks gone buy the exhaust gets put back till next month.

Not the best imo.

poolio74 15 June 2014 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by cuprajake (Post 11449647)

Then a week later still hadn't arrived. Rung back got told it would be another week. That then passed. Rang again and got told another week so cancelled the order, then took 2 weeks if chasing to get my refund.

Same just happened to a mate who ordered an afterburner off them, took money then get an out of stick email, he rings gets told a weeks wait. After that weeks gone buy the exhaust gets put back till next month.

Not the best imo.

+1

lofty35 16 June 2014 12:51 PM

I only live 3 miles from them.
Have bought a few parts off them and had parts fitted very friendly and helpfull.
They did free fitting on my bc's last year:)

scoobyboy1 16 June 2014 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by cuprajake (Post 11449647)

Not the best imo.

Happened to my mate, ordered a anti roll bar online and the next day he got a phone call that they didnt have any in stock, then they said that it would be here in 2 weeks, then 2 weeks passed by then it was defiantly next month, and in the end it was there suppliers fault, they dont get any until next month as they have to be imported from wherever, so you can wait or have a refund!!!:(

Not saying there a bad business, as they kept in contact and where very apologetic, but if you see something advertised on the internet and you click to buy you obviously dont expect to wait 2-3 months until they come back in stock!!!:wonder: