ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I can only imagine.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1006110-i-can-only-imagine.html)

f1_fan 12 June 2014 08:39 AM

I can only imagine....

... what living next door to one of these types must be like.... hell basically!!!

Some England fans get a bit carried away

Anyway it will all be over in two weeks :thumb:

Cpt Jack Sparrow 12 June 2014 08:49 AM

ditchmyster 12 June 2014 08:54 AM

Nice.

Carnut 12 June 2014 10:44 AM

:facepalm: I HATE football, its not so much the game it self but everything that surrounds it.

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 12 June 2014 12:10 PM

You hate advertising hordings!?

f1_fan 12 June 2014 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by chris j t (Post 11448542)
:facepalm: I HATE football, its not so much the game it self but everything that surrounds it.

Exactly!

Sadly football is generally seen as an avenue for testing masculinity. It tends to instill into people (mainly young men) a set of ideals that value and publicly reward openly aggressive and assertive tribal behaviour and tries to make that behaviour seem acceptable. These 'fans' are expected to be ‘manly’ and able to ‘look after themselves' in a physical encounter! What sort of sport is it that attracts this mentality? :cuckoo:

mamoon2 12 June 2014 12:38 PM

It's only a bit of fun! Stop whinging.... Go outside and enjoy your life!

SJ_Skyline 12 June 2014 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11448586)
Exactly!

Sadly football is generally seen as an avenue for testing masculinity. It tends to instill into people (mainly young men) a set of ideals that value and publicly reward openly aggressive and assertive tribal behaviour and tries to make that behaviour seem acceptable. These 'fans' are expected to be ‘manly’ and able to ‘look after themselves' in a physical encounter! What sort of sport is it that attracts this mentality? :cuckoo:

Has your account been hacked by TdW? ;)

wrx300scooby 12 June 2014 01:01 PM

I have just the one flag flying, easily removed once they are eliminated:lol1:

JTaylor 12 June 2014 01:59 PM

http://www.football365.com/john-nich...-Fans-To-Avoid

David Lock 12 June 2014 02:48 PM

Thank goodness us posh rugger types don't have to deal with these working class chavs :D

dl

Xx-IAN-xX 12 June 2014 02:57 PM

It's the start of the World Cup today.
Or as the Scottish like to call it "Thursday"

David Lock 12 June 2014 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Xx-IAN-xX (Post 11448669)

:lol1:

Now if Salmond promised to ban duty on Whisky then I reckon he would win independence like a shot.

Good for the spirits industry and tourism as well. Their NHS would be kept on their toes and not so many old people to drain their resources :thumb:

dl

The Trooper 1815 12 June 2014 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 11448664)
Thank goodness us posh rugger types don't have to deal with these working class chavs :D

dl

Rugger, a game for toffs, a game for men! And people with more than one brain cell rattling round.

:thumb:

hodgy0_2 12 June 2014 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11448641)

Got a point, why isn't Defoe in the squad?

tony de wonderful 12 June 2014 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by chris j t (Post 11448542)

I've never been less enthused about a world cup than this one.

It must be a function of getting older I think? Once the game was played by your heros, now it's over-paid brats with sleeve tatts.

Didn't even know it started today until this morning I read it.

tony de wonderful 12 June 2014 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 11448770)
:lol1:

Now if Salmond promised to ban duty on Whisky then I reckon he would win independence like a shot.

Good for the spirits industry and tourism as well. Their NHS would be kept on their toes and not so many old people to drain their resources :thumb:

dl

Not special brew? :lol1:

f1_fan 12 June 2014 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 11448821)
Didn't even know it started today until this morning I read it.

You lucky b*****d :D

Last night's headline BBC news was that Hodgson was going to inspect the pitch or something.... jeez!!!! We then saw Hodgson describing how he was going to inspect it.... very very slowly as that is about as fast as he can think I reckon.... he looks like a doddering escapee from an old folks home! :Whatever_

yabbadoo4 12 June 2014 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Xx-IAN-xX (Post 11448669)

at least england are prepared for the world cup after soccer aid. they already got beat by the rest of the world.

SJ_Skyline 12 June 2014 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4 (Post 11448848)
at least england are prepared for the world cup after soccer aid. they already got beat by the rest of the world.

Awesome! :lol1:

zip106 12 June 2014 11:04 PM

Football - 90 minutes pretending you're injured.

Rugby - 80 minutes pretending you're NOT.

;)

Lisawrx 12 June 2014 11:24 PM

That pub in the OP isn't far from where I live.

hodgy0_2 12 June 2014 11:32 PM

That's not a bad analogy, although I was on a stag weekend in Berlin with a rugger bugger (great guy actually)

He cheerily recounted a story how he wanted to join the new rugby club due to a recent house move - he went to a club night and was shown a video of the recent rugby club tour

2 mins in to the video and a bloke was drinking a pint of larger with a turd in it, to cheery clapping from the rest of the team

Certainly tough as old boots

ditchmyster 13 June 2014 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11448777)
Rugger, a game for toffs, a game for men! And people with more than one brain cell rattling round.

:thumb:

You forgot to mention ears like dumbo.:thumb:

dpb 13 June 2014 08:21 AM

" a doddering escapee from an old folks home! " with a paunch

How the hell does he keep up with his players :wonder:

 R

cookstar 13 June 2014 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11448999)
That's not a bad analogy, although I was on a stag weekend in Berlin with a rugger bugger (great guy actually)

He cheerily recounted a story how he wanted to join the new rugby club due to a recent house move - he went to a club night and was shown a video of the recent rugby club tour

2 mins in to the video and a bloke was drinking a pint of larger with a turd in it, to cheery clapping from the rest of the team

Certainly tough as old boots

Ahhh the good old "dirty pint" :D

hodgy0_2 13 June 2014 12:51 PM

indeed, those quaint rugby traditions - including, the "soggy biscuit", (last one to spunk over a hob nob eats it)

have never made it to the football world

Chip 14 June 2014 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11448486)
away[/url]

Anyway it will all be over in two weeks

Try four weeks.

f1_fan 14 June 2014 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 11449679)
Try four weeks.

I was referring to England's involvement! Two weeks!!!

Turbohot 14 June 2014 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11448586)
Exactly!

I wouldn't say it's mainly the young men misbehaving on the name of football. Many 40+ thuggish looking men with beer bellies behave like savages over football sport. It's the nature of the beast that finds an outlet. Football is just a catalyst.