ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Hydra Nemesis Software Mapping Newbie (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1005454-hydra-nemesis-software-mapping-newbie.html)

0racle 02 June 2014 10:40 AM

Hydra Nemesis Software Mapping Newbie

As anyone with Hydra will tell you getting someone to map them is a nightmare, so I have decided to give it a go myself :eek: (with the help obviously lol).

Can anyone help me out, I'm looking to find out what software my Hydra Nemesis is currently running. Is there anyway of finding out what software download I need?
Also what operating system I need (i.e XP etc)?

Cheers guys any help muchly appreciated :D

Website info etc:
http://www.hydraems.com/software/

trails 02 June 2014 03:01 PM

I'm letting Simon map my Hydra...guys over the pond use this ECU (have a search on NASOIC) far more than UK Scoob owners. Pretty popular (or used to be) with the Evo boys over here though.

Richard Bulmer at Tractive also maps them.

0racle 02 June 2014 03:11 PM

Cheers mate.

Jolly Green Monster Simon?

trails 02 June 2014 03:14 PM

Yup...apparently the interface is a bit clunky but the ECU functionality is excellent; I'm using it for AVCS heads on a classic, wideband closed loop fuelling, CTS with ALS, LC and two boost settings. :)

0racle 02 June 2014 03:23 PM

Absolutely cannot fault mine just need to map a new boost solenoid in and the guy who helped me map it last time is 5 hours away :( Currently peaking at 1.6 and steadying at 1.2 (should really be at about 1.6 steady)

I love the fact that you can run multiple maps with AL and LC without the hefty price tag. The only fall back is the interface which most mappers art a fan of.

Appreciate the help though mate:thumb:, do you have the software or do you leave it to Simon?

trails 02 June 2014 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by 0racle (Post 11441420)
Absolutely cannot fault mine just need to map a new boost solenoid in and the guy who helped me map it last time is 5 hours away :( Currently peaking at 1.6 and steadying at 1.2 (should really be at about 1.6 steady)

I love the fact that you can run multiple maps with AL and LC without the hefty price tag. The only fall back is the interface which most mappers art a fan of.

Appreciate the help though mate:thumb:, do you have the software or do you leave it to Simon?

I'll have a look-see at home tonight and get back to you :thumb:

0racle 02 June 2014 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by trails (Post 11441423)
I'll have a look-see at home tonight and get back to you :thumb:

You legend, nice one :-)

Jolly Green Monster 03 June 2014 07:14 AM

One of the worse software interfaces I have ever seen.

Dont make me do it Trails

trails 03 June 2014 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by 0racle (Post 11441756)
You legend, nice one :-)

no time last night...will look this evening, sorry!

trails 03 June 2014 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster (Post 11441933)
One of the worse software interfaces I have ever seen.

Dont make me do it Trails

Sorry Si, you know Mo is the only one that trusts you with his builds...just need to sort clutch engament out and then I'll be phoning. :thumb:

0racle 11 June 2014 09:56 AM

Simon am I right in thinking that Ver 2.7 will not work with 2.5?

Trails did you manage to get time to have a looksee?

Hydra arnt that helpfull at all IMO. Cheers guys again.

trails 11 June 2014 11:23 AM

sorry dude...totally forgot about this; have written a note on my hand so will check tonight!

Hydra are helpful if you are buying things form them that's for sure!

0racle 11 June 2014 08:43 PM

Cheers chap,
They replied to my first email but now nothing .. Il just have to wait I guess lol

trails 12 June 2014 08:48 PM

checked both my laptop and desktop and can't find the software...I'm sure I had a copy, I'll have to check the wagon at the weekend it may well be I the boot!

0racle 12 June 2014 09:04 PM

You sir are a star!
I spoke to hyrda yesterday and I will hopefully be a bit clearer on what software works with what and what firmware etc. Once (if) i get anything I will make it available to everyone.

Cheers pal

0racle 13 June 2014 04:39 PM

Well got a response from Hydra and they have supplied 2.5, pending a check etc ... Hopefully this works. I'm guessing that as my firmware is 2.5 I can plug in and pull the current map off?
If anyone wants it I will make copies too ;-)