ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Local wanabee councillor Is an utter disgrace and I want recourse - advice please (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1004675-local-wanabee-councillor-is-an-utter-disgrace-and-i-want-recourse-advice-please.html)

Funkii Munkii 20 May 2014 01:03 PM

Local wanabee councillor Is an utter disgrace and I want recourse - advice please

In short, well as short as I can make it (too long a story for the verbatim version)

Dropping daughter off at school before the 08:15 parking restriction kicks in, Merc ML comes racing up behind sounding the horn, swerves around us and pulls up at the T junc, female driver gets out runs up to my window and starts screaming "Why are you parked here why are you parked here, YOU C*NT" I reminded her I was allowed to park there, the demented screaming and abuse continued before she throws a lame punch through the window and chucks another C word in my direction, at this point I told her to move away from my car not quite believing what I've seen.

She gets in her car and waits for traffic to clear at the junction, I'm now behind her at the junction, we both turn left where the lollipop man lets the kids across and then waves us through, we pull away completed about 10 ft and we're doing no more than 5-10 mph as we enter the mini roundabout, she hits the anchors as if doing an emergency stop and I end up in the back of her.

This was blatant, so I called the police as I wasn't happy with what had just transpired, surreal to say the least.

She is still demented and now her 14 year old daughter is out of the vehicle effing and blinding towards me, I've told her mother I'm calling the police as she is unstable etc etc, daughter starts calling me an effing idiot and mentions how she is going to tell the police I punched her mother !!! Thankfully the lady at the end of the line heard all of this.

Police decide it is a job for the insurance, fair enough, but details noted.

So in short I will probably lose 5 years no claims and will have to pay an excess as well as finding out my car has been written off. Although my insurers are pursuing this woman after the lollipop man said he'd be a witness and had seen and heard it all, especially the accident.

My 10 yr old daughter witnessed all of this and is in tears for obvious reasons. When my daughter gets home and Googles the ladies name we find out she is standing in the local council elections to become a councillor.

In my mind someone like this should not be running for public office, we have already had our local MP all over the papers (Maria Miller) so I'm sure the local rag would be interested to hear of another local Tory doing so well.

Local Conservatives cant comment, local council dont want to know "speak to the conservatives"

So how am I going to get a bit of justice for her disgusting behaviour ?? The local rag or Conservative head office lol.

A car is a car fair enough but this person should not be out there standing for publuic office imo and need to be taught a lesson

fat-thomas 20 May 2014 01:07 PM

should leave ample room to brake, you crashed into her............

scoobyskool 20 May 2014 01:08 PM

sorry to hear this - presumably she and you were breath tested ? sounds like she may have been "working" till quite late

Graz 20 May 2014 01:15 PM

She called you a c*nt and is running to be elected as a councillor. Nice :rolleyes:

Did anybody other than your daughter witness her foul mouth as that would be good fodder for the local press, whichever party she is representing, etc. Either way I'd be trying to drag her name through the mud for that.

As per the previous post, should have mentioned to the plod that you thought you could smell alcohol on her, they might have turned up then.

That said, in the wake of "plebgate" they might think twice about making accusations :(

pimmo2000 20 May 2014 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11432458)
should leave ample room to brake, you crashed into her............

I think he gets that .. but I would go to the top and maybe the papers.

Tidgy 20 May 2014 01:16 PM

go to the press mate ;)

fat-thomas 20 May 2014 01:22 PM

5-10 mph and the cars written off???

Turbohot 20 May 2014 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11432467)
go to the press mate ;)

Hm, in such circumstances where no one is listening, the use of 'name and shame' technique via the tool of media e.g. local newspaper is not unheard of. One needs to have good enough evidence for it, and the usual 'defamation begets defamation' saying is also to be kept in mind. The hackable ones seem to hack it.

ALi-B 20 May 2014 01:27 PM

Local press, or a open letter to the editor for teh write-in section headed "Is this the kind of person we want as a councillor". :)

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11432472)

Classic scooby? I once crashed one into some hay at 2mph...wrecked the bonnet, lights, grill, radiator and wrecked the cambelt and pulleys. ;)

f1_fan 20 May 2014 01:28 PM

She sounds ideal for a career in politics. Lying, scheming and unbalanced! She'll go far!

Sorry to hear what happened. Not surprised given the state of this crappy country though!

PaulC72 20 May 2014 01:31 PM

Paper Paper paper all the way with this one.

Ok you crashed into her and shouldn't have but the abuse before shouldn't have happened and is not the correct behaviour of anyone let alone someone who is trying to be a local representative.

dpb 20 May 2014 01:33 PM

She sounds charming, presumably working her way up the social rankings

But still evidently not far from the gutter, the only way to cope with these types is to give them something of their own

Funkii Munkii 20 May 2014 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Graz (Post 11432465)
She called you a c*nt and is running to be elected as a councillor. Nice :rolleyes:

Did anybody other than your daughter witness her foul mouth as that would be good fodder for the local press, whichever party she is representing, etc. Either way I'd be trying to drag her name through the mud for that.

As per the previous post, should have mentioned to the plod that you thought you could smell alcohol on her, they might have turned up then.

That said, in the wake of "plebgate" they might think twice about making accusations :(

We both got breath tested, both negative.

Lollipop man saw it all, he offered up his details to the police before passing them to me, thankfully my insurers want to persue it as they think they have a case.

Likewise I don't care who she represents, we should not be funding people like this to work for our community.

So a placard down at the polling station on Thursday evening and a quick call to the Gazette it is then :lol1:

Funkii Munkii 20 May 2014 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11432480)
She sounds ideal for a career in politics. Lying, scheming and unbalanced! She'll go far!

My first thoughts once I found out who she was :D

Originally Posted by fat-thomas

Yep, couldn't believe it myself when they told me. The car is designed to crumple around you i suppose, but all it required were two wings, a bonnet, front bumber,grill and lamps. The rad aircon and everything else under the bonnet were fine, Insurers called it at over £6k and wrote it off :(, something tells me they prefer to write the damn things off where they can and just move on to the next claim.

She stands for election on Thursday so there is no way I'd make any difference to her standing now even if I went to the local press and although that has been on my mind for the past week, it is worth considering that it's probably adviseable to wait until the insurers have completed their investigation imo.

dpb 20 May 2014 02:00 PM

So what was her initial complaint anyway..?

You'll be able keep close tabs on all her abuses of power anyway

RS_Matt 20 May 2014 02:05 PM

Councilors are nosey jobsworths.

Graz 20 May 2014 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 11432499)
We both got breath tested, both negative

Ah, the way it sounded from the original post was that plod hadn't attended and just told you to put it through insurance over the phone. Good that they turned up then.

Funkii Munkii 20 May 2014 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11432512)
So what was her initial complaint anyway..?

You'll be able keep close tabs on all her abuses of power anyway

The fact I was parked in her road, wasn't blocking the highway or anything I was just another "Cnut" that used the road to drop the kids off.

For the record I understand her anger because I wouldn't want to live in a road adjacent to any school for these very reasons and I do empathise with anyone that lives in such a road, but that can't excuse her behaviour.

But as I stated I always make sure it is before the restrictions kick in because I dont like to take the p1ss.

mrtheedge2u2 20 May 2014 03:08 PM

If she is running for councillor then what is her name????

Funkii Munkii 20 May 2014 03:21 PM

What purpose would publishing her name serve ??

Like I said I'd rather the insurance completed their investigation before I took this further.

CrisPDuk 20 May 2014 03:35 PM

Name & shame in the local press :thumb:

JDM_Stig 20 May 2014 04:05 PM

another good reason to install a camera in your car for recording these type of things.

Xx-IAN-xX 20 May 2014 04:25 PM

Next time you park in her road make sure you have some campaign posters in your car window with her dial on and a nice message underneath "don't vote for this bitch"

hodgy0_2 20 May 2014 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 11432526)
The fact I was parked in her road, wasn't blocking the highway or anything I was just another "Cnut" that used the road to drop the kids off.

For the record I understand her anger because I wouldn't want to live in a road adjacent to any school for these very reasons and I do empathise with anyone that lives in such a road, but that can't excuse her behaviour.

But as I stated I always make sure it is before the restrictions kick in because I dont like to take the p1ss.

yeah, I have had this is the past - when parking in a residential street and going to work

but the solution is simple, install residence parking / change the restriction timings

the problem is the same people that don't like people paring in THEIR road also don't want residential parking put in either - I had it with neighbours when they put residential parking in at our house in London - 10 odd years ago know

she sounds like a lunatic - and those ML Mercs are a piece of sh1t too

EddScott 20 May 2014 04:58 PM

Picture of you next to car with forlorn look on face and front page. "Conservative candidate road rage turns school run into episode of Dukes of Hazzard"

:)

Papers all the way on this one.

Lydia72 20 May 2014 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 11432554)
What purpose would publishing her name serve ??

Because it's not unusual these days for potential employers, or partners, to Google someone's name. Be a shame for her if you named her here and this post was in the first page of hits...bit like that bint a few years back with the ebay scam :D

DYK 20 May 2014 06:22 PM

Sounds like she needs a good kick in the c**t
Why didn't you have the cops arrest her,putting her arm through your window and hitting you is assault..
Stupid b1tch needs to be taught some manners.Take it all the way.

hodgy0_2 20 May 2014 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 11432672)
Sounds like she needs a good kick in the c**t

A cvnt punt

Dingdongler 20 May 2014 07:37 PM

Why can't you name her? She verbally and physically abused you over nothing.

Name her here and then point the local rag to this thread.

dpb 20 May 2014 07:58 PM

I wouldn't manhandle something that ruff, from the language you just know you bound to lose