ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Re ethnic slurs (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1003656-re-ethnic-slurs.html)

Alan Jeffery 06 May 2014 10:04 AM

Re ethnic slurs

I see a Lady of Asian descent has taken umbrage at Clarkson (yawn) for using a term commonly ascribed to a less than horizontal fitting. Apparently she wishes to sue the BBC for 1 million rupees for the hurt and anguish caused to the whole of her society.
Just in case anyone else falls into the trap that the Top Gear team have I attach a link to Wikipedia so you can all check the full list of ethnic insults and obviously avoid same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

WARNING! some of these are funny, but you MUST NOT laugh out loud unless you have adequate funds of rupees, or similar currency.

Being born within the sound of the Devonport Dockyard hooter means I'm technically a Janner. The correct insult would read "Pastie eating Janner Bas*ard". Strangely enough that isn't on the list, so I'm contacting Wikipedia right away.

I'll have to assume that Wikipedia are also going to be sued incidentally, for deliberately publishing the same "word" accidentally used by Jeremy.

Godspeed Brakes 06 May 2014 10:40 AM

How dare they call me a sheepshagger lol

CrisPDuk 06 May 2014 11:01 AM

What a great page, I've definitely learned some new stuff :thumb:

Very US biased though, no mention of Monkey Hangers, Clayheads, 4x2s, Fenians or Starnis for instance :wonder:

Xx-IAN-xX 06 May 2014 11:01 AM

ABC - American Born Chinese
I always thought the term was missing links - Chinks

alcazar 06 May 2014 12:13 PM

No mention of "Meggies" either.....a person born in Cleethorpes.

Or Cod-Heads........a person born in Grimsby.

Carnut 06 May 2014 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery (Post 11421894)
I see a Lady of Asian descent has taken umbrage at Clarkson (yawn) for using a term commonly ascribed to a less than horizontal fitting. Apparently she wishes to sue the BBC for 1 million rupees for the hurt and anguish caused to the whole of her society.
Just in case anyone else falls into the trap that the Top Gear team have I attach a link to Wikipedia so you can all check the full list of ethnic insults and obviously avoid same.

List of ethnic slurs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WARNING! some of these are funny, but you MUST NOT laugh out loud unless you have adequate funds of rupees, or similar currency.

Being born within the sound of the Devonport Dockyard hooter means I'm technically a Janner. The correct insult would read "Pastie eating Janner Bas*ard". Strangely enough that isn't on the list, so I'm contacting Wikipedia right away.

I'll have to assume that Wikipedia are also going to be sued incidentally, for deliberately publishing the same "word" accidentally used by Jeremy.

Not to sure what to say really,the world is a but nutty (am I allowed to say nutty:wonder:)
Alan if it makes you feel any better,your not alone. The problem is that its not even PC to discuss these things. By just making observations of racism and the different forms of racist attacks it seems it is now considered as racism (if your white that is).

I feel as a 30 year old white British man that I have to walk round on egg shells.

daviee 06 May 2014 12:26 PM

Japfest a racist event ?:wonder:

SwissTony 06 May 2014 12:39 PM

bloody hell

Asking to pass the teapot could get you in trouble :Suspiciou

ALi-B 06 May 2014 01:25 PM

Used to call a bloke at work teapot. Wasn't becuase of his race...it was becuase of his nose :lol1:

Wigger; I shall use that more in future when I'm confronted by a white yoof who thinks he's 50cent. :smug:

DYK 06 May 2014 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by chris j t (Post 11421977)
Not to sure what to say really,the world is a but nutty (am I allowed to say nutty:wonder:)
Alan if it makes you feel any better,your not alone. The problem is that its not even PC to discuss these things. By just making observations of racism and the different forms of racist attacks it seems it is now considered as racism (if your white that is).

I feel as a 30 year old white British man that I have to walk round on egg shells.

Yep,soon we will be monitored on everything we say.we all be looking like zippy from rainbow..

legb4rsk 06 May 2014 05:11 PM

I think that laws protecting against racism are necessary.
The problem is that some people seem to abuse the law & use it at any confrontation or disagreement between themselves & someone of different ethnicity.

I have seen plenty of programmes where someone stopped by the police automatically accuses the police of racism. i.e.

'You only stopped me because I am black,asian,etc,etc.'

It should be a 2 way street so that if you call someone racist they have to prove it or they can be prosecuted for deformation of character or slander or something(I am not a lawyer) so we are working on a level playing field.

I would be deeply insulted if someone called me a racist but It would appear I would have no means too sue them or defend myself.