ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Sorry, I can't go to fight in Syria, my mum won't let me... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1002735-sorry-i-cant-go-to-fight-in-syria-my-mum-wont-let-me.html)

Osimabu 24 April 2014 09:19 PM

Sorry, I can't go to fight in Syria, my mum won't let me...

Am I alone in thinking there is a certain naivety in the news today that the authorities are to try asking the female relations of potential freedom fighters to persuade them not to go to Syria?

I feel the chances of this working are fairly slim, although I hope I'm wrong.

alcazar 24 April 2014 09:24 PM

I can REALLY see Muslim men taking any notice of their wives or mothers.

scooby_nutt 24 April 2014 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11412549)
I can REALLY see Muslim men taking any notice of their wives or mothers.

Why wouldnt they, if anyone has any respect for their mother they would

alcazar 25 April 2014 10:21 AM

Hmmmmmm.

And Muslim women are a) respected, and b) obeyed by their men?

I think not.

Ever watched a Muslim family walking down the street? dad and sons at the front, mum and daughters a respectful five paces behind.

Wurzel 25 April 2014 11:22 AM

Can't see what all the fuss is about, just let the idiots go if they want to, then collect their passports at the border on the way out.

Miniman 25 April 2014 11:29 AM

The advise was donate to one of the charity organisations instead.

I think part of the reason going there is for the thrill of combat. So I'd prefer them to say join charity working out there, even go if you can (working for the charity). I've no doubt that they would welcome someone willing to put themselves into such dangerous situations and the adrenaline/thrill involved. And in effect you are helping the local population as well.

ALi-B 25 April 2014 01:45 PM

What concerns me is they appear to have greater a allegance for Syrians than they do for Britons.

If they wanted to get involved in war-conflict. They could of just joined the British armed forces.

The Trooper 1815 25 April 2014 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Miniman (Post 11412897)
The advise was donate to one of the charity organisations instead.

I think part of the reason going there is for the thrill of combat. So I'd prefer them to say join charity working out there, even go if you can (working for the charity). I've no doubt that they would welcome someone willing to put themselves into such dangerous situations and the adrenaline/thrill involved. And in effect you are helping the local population as well.

I am sure the reason they are going is because the West don't give a fewk!

We have Tony Blair as a Peace Envoy in the Middle East FFS, he started half the problems.

:brickwall

Osimabu 25 April 2014 02:58 PM

I doubt Mr B-Liar recognised the irony of his warning about the threat of Islamic extremism this week. It's partly his fault! What a Grade A wanker he really is.

And some people actually voted for him, too.

rabbos 25 April 2014 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11412860)
Hmmmmmm.

And Muslim women are a) respected, and b) obeyed by their men?

I think not.

Ever watched a Muslim family walking down the street? dad and sons at the front, mum and daughters a respectful five paces behind.

They reverse the order when walking over minefields apparently...

RA Dunk 25 April 2014 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11413025)
I am sure the reason they are going is because the West don't give a fewk!

We have Tony Blair as a Peace Envoy in the Middle East FFS, he started half the problems.

:brickwall

Ohh the irony behind that one lol :cuckoo:

Carnut 25 April 2014 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 11412895)
Can't see what all the fuss is about, just let the idiots go if they want to, then collect their passports at the border on the way out.

You beat me to it that's what I was going to say:notworthy. I will add that some one will prob shoot them which may or may not be a good thing. Or maybe just a good thing.