ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Idle control valve cleaning help V4 Sti (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1001359-idle-control-valve-cleaning-help-v4-sti.html)

timmy2take 06 April 2014 05:11 PM

Idle control valve cleaning help V4 Sti

Hi, I've got a bit of fluctuating in my revs and have bought a new gasket for when I went to clean it.

I can't seem to find the threads on how to clean it and I'm not entirely sure where to clean it?
I've taken the two screws off the top and pulled it off what looked like a rotor arm?

I must be looking at the wrong part though because the gasket I have doesn't fit that part.

I'm guessing I need to take the idle control valve whole part off the inlet manifold?

Its on a v4 STI

Worlasshasansti 06 April 2014 05:40 PM

Yes fella should be two screws holding the IACV to the manifold, remove it then you will see the port which will be full of black carbon build up sh*te, give it a good clean out with something like carb cleaner or similar! you can go further and use a cordless drill to spin the mechanism but it might not need it.

Mick

just me 06 April 2014 05:55 PM

when I did mine I noticed lots of crap inside the throttle body, is it safe to take it off and clean inside it?

timmy2take 06 April 2014 06:05 PM

I've done the 2 bolts at the back of it (the yellow sticker side) but it doesn't seem to be coming off. Should it come off easy now? I can see 2 more small vacuum hoses attached but they shouldn't be getting in the way of making it come off.

marco58 06 April 2014 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by timmy2take (Post 11398185)
I've done the 2 bolts at the back of it (the yellow sticker side) but it doesn't seem to be coming off. Should it come off easy now? I can see 2 more small vacuum hoses attached but they shouldn't be getting in the way of making it come off.

im sure there are three bolts mate,when you put the top back on make sure the rubber ring {gasket} is seated properly

CutMasterT 06 April 2014 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by timmy2take (Post 11398185)

think there are 3 bolts on the back

Worlasshasansti 06 April 2014 06:27 PM

Actually yeah there may be 3 as mine was a newage IACV

timmy2take 06 April 2014 08:54 PM

Found that extra bolt thanks.

All done, fingers crossed it sorts the idle out.

CutMasterT 07 April 2014 08:08 AM

Let us know if it worked. Mine has a slight fluctuation when idling too and am hoping to do the same

timmy2take 07 April 2014 11:23 AM

Still got a little bit of fluctuation but its a lot better.

Will have a look at the hoses