ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   discs and pads (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1001266-discs-and-pads.html)

jason62 05 April 2014 03:59 AM

discs and pads

just got my Scooby back from its service today, was advised I need rear discs and pads.

so looking for pointers to good deals! I remember someone pointed me to a seller on here when I first got the car.

but cant remember who it was??
any advice would be much appreciated :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Willowsdad 05 April 2014 05:46 AM

Godspeed? I've just bought their grooved discs with black centres all round. Faultless service from them.

Hawkeye D 05 April 2014 07:22 AM

I might be going with Opie for Brembo pads all round, and the discs they have I think are Brembo aswell. The part numbers cross match my quote from a main dealer for Brembo pads and Subaru discs.

I know they're not Subaru discs from Opie, but crikey, I can't afford £1500 + VAT for OE.
Oh, and then get them fitted too, forgot about that!!

AS Performance 05 April 2014 08:34 AM

we carry various options on the shelf from high quality OEM, Brembo, Pagid, PFC, Mintex, Ferodo Racing, etc. to suit various budgets and uses -road to race use

we might have "just a little" experience to back all of this up as well as value for money pricing :norty:

jay-sti 05 April 2014 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by AS Performance (Post 11397131)
we carry various options on the shelf from high quality OEM, Brembo, Pagid, PFC, Mintex, etc. to suit various budgets and uses -road to race use

we might have "just a little" experience to back all of this up as well as value for money pricing :norty:

Out of interest what do you think of the pagid discs and pads as a budget set up ? My brother has some on his sti and really rates them but there incredibly cheap which worries me

Ian E 05 April 2014 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by jay-sti (Post 11397332)
Out of interest what do you think of the pagid discs and pads as a budget set up ? My brother has some on his sti and really rates them but there incredibly cheap which worries me

I've put Pagid front discs on mine with Brembo pads and they work great :)

jay-sti 05 April 2014 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ian E (Post 11397590)
I've put Pagid front discs on mine with Brembo pads and they work great :)

Yeah I've heard a few people now say good things about them , considering there price bracket they seem to get some positive feedback , and come with 2 year warranty against warping etc , I usually fit ebc pads or brembo , but I'm in need of discs and pads on front so looking at different options ATM

AS Performance 06 April 2014 09:00 AM

Pagid are a large OEM manufacturer being std equipment on various VAG group, etc. and their aftermarket stuff is good value for money IMO not to be confused with their competition RS range which we also supply
(virtually a separate concern in the same way Ferodo Racing stands apart from Ferodo Mogul)

just me 06 April 2014 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by jay-sti (Post 11397332)

Is this the stuff from Euro car parts?

jay-sti 06 April 2014 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by just me (Post 11398032)
Is this the stuff from Euro car parts?

Not sure where he got his tbh , think there's several places that sell pagid , I think his local garage who works on his car suggested them as a budget set up , cost less than £150 fitted for front discs and pads and he's very impressed so far , I need to get my fronts done and then a fresh mot and then I'm going to be selling up as moving to a forged hawk

MattyB1983 06 April 2014 05:08 PM

I've just bought a pair of rear discs for my RA from Graham Goode, £45 delivered.... can't grumble at that.

Off topic....
Alyn, my linkage is a later type so I'll give you a shout this week.

Ian E 06 April 2014 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by jay-sti (Post 11398078)
Not sure where he got his tbh , think there's several places that sell pagid , I think his local garage who works on his car suggested them as a budget set up , cost less than £150 fitted for front discs and pads and he's very impressed so far , I need to get my fronts done and then a fresh mot and then I'm going to be selling up as moving to a forged hawk

Just checked, I got mine from Car Parts 4 Less (which I think is the same Company as Euro Car Parts).

just me 06 April 2014 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ian E (Post 11398135)
Just checked, I got mine from Car Parts 4 Less (which I think is the same Company as Euro Car Parts).

Are the disks grooved or plain? Cheers

Ian E 06 April 2014 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by just me (Post 11398170)
Are the disks grooved or plain? Cheers

The ones I got were just plain - for a Hawkeye STI

jay-sti 06 April 2014 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ian E (Post 11398241)
The ones I got were just plain - for a Hawkeye STI

How do you find them ? You used them heavily yet? Any fade etc , good bite from cold ?

Ian E 06 April 2014 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by jay-sti (Post 11398247)
How do you find them ? You used them heavily yet? Any fade etc , good bite from cold ?

Yes fine, no issues at all, they've been on for a few thousand miles now. Bite from cold fine - I just use Brembo pads with them P54039 which I think are the same as OEM anyway.