ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   This used to be the most popular sub topic on Scoobynet (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1001167-this-used-to-be-the-most-popular-sub-topic-on-scoobynet.html)

JackClark 03 April 2014 03:46 PM

This used to be the most popular sub topic on Scoobynet

What's happened? Are you all too scared to post due to over moderation??

Seriously, two threads a week since I've been gone. Poor show.

Ant 03 April 2014 05:00 PM

You've been missed , it's been crap in here lately .

Graz 03 April 2014 05:03 PM

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...areful-now.jpg

lordharding 03 April 2014 07:02 PM

http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/sc...annk1.gif.html

JackClark 03 April 2014 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by lordharding (Post 11395913)

Nice.

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/adam...go%20apple.jpg

hodgy0_2 03 April 2014 07:30 PM

I had cause to thank apple the other day

My daughter came to me the other day saying her (pretty new) Mac Book Pro was not working

I did not even bother to look at it I simply said, take it to the Apple store in cambridge they will sort it, (jack's told me) ask for a guy called Genius

Job done, fixed (new hard drive) and no input from me - a windows laptop and it would have ruined 3 days of my precious life (not to mention the shear cost in terms of my time)

Kushti

JackClark 03 April 2014 07:32 PM

Good stuff.

My iPhone's proximity sensor stopped working last week, every time I answered the phone my ear would mute it, booked an appointment, walked out with a new one. That's how it should be and why you pay a little extra.

hodgy0_2 03 April 2014 07:52 PM

Yes, Jack great service tbh

Oh and without wishing to come over all fanboyish (which I am not)

My brother has written an IPad App for himself (to stop his iPhone going into locked mode, - so he can use hands fee and Siri whislt on his motorbike)

And to do it he needed a mac to use the app developer tools

Bought 2009 model for £450, that is a pretty good price for a 5 year old laptop

Ps the reason why it goes into locked mode is that, it although a personal device, it comes under a corp BYOD (security) policy

Rob_Impreza99 03 April 2014 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11395939)
Good stuff.

My iPhone's proximity sensor stopped working last week, every time I answered the phone my ear would mute it, booked an appointment, walked out with a new one. That's how it should be and why you pay a little extra.

Thats terrible Jack, i can't believe they have palmed you off with another iphone. You should have demanded a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

JackClark 03 April 2014 08:37 PM

You can't get palmed off with a Note 3 that's for sure, you need both hands for that.

ALi-B 03 April 2014 10:33 PM

I'd ask for advice about options for a new phone as my iPhone 4S is dying so needs replacing (due for upgrade anyway).

But I just can't be arsed. Nothing to do with SN, more to do with the fact bothering to take the time to personally weigh up the pros and cons of each brand as nothing in the public domain is impartial and then negociating with the salesman thats been phoning me everyday for the past three weeks (you'd think he's get tired and give up by now :lol1: ).

I don't need to ask about building a PC, because I can do that just by sifting through eBuyer.

And I can't ask about my NAS, becuase nobody here knows how to work it either :lol1:

Nor why my panny TV won't natively stream HD from my LAN without having to fiddle with the file headers. (f**k it, I just stick the blu-ray in instead ):freak3:

JackClark 03 April 2014 11:04 PM

And there lies the root of the problem. Moderators that just don't seem to care.

ALi-B 03 April 2014 11:28 PM

Meh. I don't care much about life either, but I haven't hung myself yet. :lol1:

pimmo2000 04 April 2014 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11395967)
Y
Bought 2009 model for £450, that is a pretty good price for a 5 year old laptop

:wonder:

Neanderthal 04 April 2014 09:31 AM

Anyone remember the days when the photography section was buzzing with posts?
This section is going the same way.

hodgy0_2 04 April 2014 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 11396300)
:wonder:

Ahh, yes sorry maybe i was not clear he needed to by a Mac to run the IPad app developer tools

So he bought a 4/5 year old mac book pro, and still had to pay £450 for it

Which is not a bad price (for the seller)

They seem to hold there value

And my brother does not like to over pay on anything, believe me

Or maybe I was clear and you are simply querying the price?

JackClark 04 April 2014 09:19 PM

My Macbook is mid 2010 and I'd want £1000 for it, recently put a SSD in it so might want a bit more than that. Saying that, no reason to sell it.

dunx 05 April 2014 10:05 PM

So like the rest of S'net it's dying ?

PC Broke ? simply go back to Apple !

Subaru ill ? see a dealer !

Internet forum - redundant !

Sorted !

Bye !

dunx

RS_Matt 06 April 2014 11:23 AM

why does youtube always freeze on my smart tv and ps3??

JackClark 06 April 2014 11:47 AM

****ty internet.

Gear Head 07 April 2014 10:41 AM

It was a 'fashionable' topic to talk about. You are out of fashion Jack, just like the iPhone.

I don't see that many now to be honest. May be everyone is just too poor. :D

f1_fan 07 April 2014 12:06 PM

Jack, Apple (and you) won!

No debate anymore as everyone who matters uses Apple products, the rest are just dinosaurs and we know what happens to dinosaurs :D

ALi-B 07 April 2014 01:18 PM

True

20% battery...was left on charge overnight :mad:

JackClark 07 April 2014 04:59 PM

This is about Apple?

dazdavies 07 April 2014 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11395787)

Everyones bored of your apply fan boy same old same old :P

Geezer 07 April 2014 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11395787)

Not scared, there just isn't that much to say about tech Jack. Just goes to show that your trolling/proselytising generated most of the traffic.

Come on, admit it, you're an attention whore (and yes, I just pandered to it :lol1:)

jonc 07 April 2014 10:47 PM

The truth is that there just isn't anything innovative or new to come out from Apple in years that JC can heap praise on.

ScoobyWon't 09 April 2014 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 11395842)
You've been missed , it's been crap in here lately .

Has he fcuk. It was crap here while he was here. In fact, it was Jack that made it so crap with is Apple crusade. You don't get people posting "My BMW is better than your Audi. You should have got a BMW." in every thread in Other Marques.

JackClark 09 April 2014 03:10 PM

I never needed to go on a crusade, I just mention Apple and all the haters come crawling out. You're all your own worst enemy.

f1_fan 09 April 2014 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 11400492)
Has he fcuk. It was crap here while he was here. In fact, it was Jack that made it so crap with is Apple crusade. You don't get people posting "My BMW is better than your Audi. You should have got a BMW." in every thread in Other Marques.

No, but that is because a BMW is not demonstrably better than an Audi whereas a Mac is demonstrably better than a PC :thumb: