ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Clocks go forward tonight! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1000781-clocks-go-forward-tonight.html)

Dingdongler 29 March 2014 12:41 PM

Clocks go forward tonight!

I only realised today! I'm meant to be up at 0500hrs for a flight, now I'm going to get another hours less sleep:(

wrx300scooby 29 March 2014 12:45 PM

You beat Pete to it!!!!

f1_fan 29 March 2014 01:27 PM

I have no idea why anyone finds this so difficult. The last weekend in March they go forward, the last weekend in October they go back... how much easier could it be?

Yet every 6 months we need a stupid thread on here about it :cuckoo: It's a wonder some people don't need reminding to breathe!!

ScoobyWon't 29 March 2014 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11391808)
I have no idea why anyone finds this so difficult. The last weekend in March they go forward, the last weekend in October they go back... how much easier could it be?

Yet every 6 months we need a stupid thread on here about it :cuckoo: It's a wonder some people don't need reminding to breathe!!

And breathe! :D

f1_fan 29 March 2014 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 11391819)
And breathe! :D

There was no thread telling me to, but I managed to remember all by myself! Amazing eh? :lol1:

Chip 29 March 2014 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11391808)

Maybe some of us have far more interesting things going on to occupy our time ;)

Turbohot 29 March 2014 03:22 PM

TBH I don't remember it all by myself, so it does help when someone puts up a thread here to remind.

I don't agree with this backwarding and forwarding of the clock. Unnecessary inconvenience. It should be left at the winter arrangement for ever. But hey, we can't do anything about it.

thenewgalaxy 29 March 2014 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11391855)
TBH I don't remember it all by myself, so it does help when someone puts up a thread here to remind.

I don't agree with this backwarding and forwarding of the clock. Unnecessary inconvenience. It should be left at the winter arrangement for ever. But hey, we can't do anything about it.

It's done to keep a few hut dwellers in the far frozen north of our island a little less grumpy in the winter months.

f1_fan 29 March 2014 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 11391849)
Maybe some of us have far more interesting things going on to occupy our time ;)

What? Like telling us all how rich you are... again :Whatever_

hodgy0_2 29 March 2014 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11391855)
It should be left at the winter arrangement for ever.

What, seriously

This would lead to a couple of months in the summer where is is full daylight at 3 o'clock in the morning

Really, what the fvck are you doing at 3 o'clock AM, where you need full daylight

Turbohot 29 March 2014 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11392066)
What, seriously

This would lead to a couple of months in the summer where is is full daylight at 3 o'clock in the morning

Really, what the fvck are you doing at 3 o'clock AM, where you need full daylight

Can you say it again? I don't quite get it.

hodgy0_2 29 March 2014 08:05 PM

The winter arrangement would mean darker evenings and lighter mornings in the summer months

It already gets light at 4 (with the the clocks going forward) - so staying on GMT (winter time) all year, would mean it gets light an hour earlier and darker an hour earlier

Yes?

So no playing tennis on those lovely June nights - well into 9'oclock

Turbohot 29 March 2014 08:24 PM

Well, if you wake up and hour earlier tomorrow because clock has gone forward this morning (it will be 9am at 8am, right?), you can go to bed an hour earlier from tomorrow on. Time for work can change from 9am to 8am, I don't mind! It can finish at 4pm instead of 5pm. Then who can complain, you tell me. You can still play Tennis during reasonable sunlight hours etc.

Why p4ss about with the clock, though? That's my question. No need IMO.

dpb 29 March 2014 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by wrx300scooby (Post 11391778)
You beat Pete to it!!!!

Petes cock has been out for years , he was even advertising last night

hodgy0_2 29 March 2014 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11392084)
Well, if you wake up and hour earlier tomorrow because clock has gone forward this morning (it will be 9am at 8am, right?), you can go to bed an hour earlier from tomorrow on. Time for work can change from 9am to 8am, I don't mind! It can finish at 4pm instead of 5pm. Then who can complain, you tell me. You can still play Tennis during reasonable sunlight hours etc.

Why p4ss about with the clock, though? That's my question. No need IMO.

Sure "clock time" is just a "construct" i get that

My boss doesn't though

wrx300scooby 29 March 2014 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11392087)
Petes cock has been out for years , he was even advertising last night

:lol1: