ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   The Kidney Stones - Part Deux (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/1000693-the-kidney-stones-part-deux.html)

The Trooper 1815 27 March 2014 09:31 PM

The Kidney Stones - Part Deux

As a few of you lot know my kidney stones have been playing up again and made a bid for freedom. They have managed to get stuck in the tube near to my bladder and have wedged themselves in tight. The previous episode involved morphine and 4 days in hospital.

The pesky blighters have had two sessions of ESWL (keeping it simple) - shockwave treatment, but the buggers will not break up. Now the consultation yesterday with the quack as given me and them a way out.

But if your squeamish look away now.

They will be going in backwards down the jap and pulling them out. I will get a general anaesthetic but the tube to the jap from the bladder is about 4 mm but the stones are 6.6 and 4.9mm, do the sum's!

Ureterorenoscopy

If a kidney stone is stuck in your ureter (the muscular tube that carries waste products from your kidneys to your bladder), you may need to have ureterorenoscopy. Ureterorenoscopy is also sometimes known as retrograde intrarenal surgery (RIRS).

Ureterorenoscopy involves passing a long, thin telescope, called a ureteroscope, through your urethra (tube that carries urine from the bladder to the outside of the body) and into your bladder. It is then passed up into your ureter to where the stone is stuck.

The surgeon may either try gently to remove the stone using another instrument, or they may use laser energy to break the stone up into small pieces so that it can be passed naturally in your urine.

As with PCNL, ureterorenoscopy is also performed under general anaesthetic, so you should not drive or operate machinery for up to 48 hours after the procedure.

For stones up to 15mm (0.6in), an ureterorenoscopy is effective in 50-80% of cases.

You may need a plastic tube called a stent to be inserted temporarily inside you, to allow the stone fragments to drain into the bladder.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps852a7957.jpg

Copious amounts of anti-inflammatory, pain relief and anti-biotics.

You'll know when it happens :cry:.

I will get 24hrs notice and should have them done within 4 weeks.

The Sheep Worrier 27 March 2014 09:54 PM

:eek:Jeyyyysus that sounds rough as, i really symathise for you Ian.

Good luck and hope its not too much aggro for you, reading the description of the surgery, you could have been worse by the looks of it and have ones 15mm in size:eek:

Atb Rob

Cannon Fodder 27 March 2014 10:21 PM

Blinking flip, I had kidney stones a while back and thankfully they passed through naturally and with a lot less pain than you're suffering from.

Mine were bad enough, but yours must be monsters in comparison. :eek:

Peter Pan 27 March 2014 10:52 PM

That sounds nasty and very painful Ian so fingers crossed you can get this all sorted out soon :thumb:

Snooky 27 March 2014 10:55 PM

God that sounds painful! How do I prevent EVER getting them?? Lol

Good luck with it all!

The Stitcher 27 March 2014 11:07 PM

Hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery
Will see you soon and good luck pal

redwards 27 March 2014 11:17 PM

As the others have already said, it all sounds pretty grim but at the end of the day its one step closer to getting your waterworks sorted.

Hope it all goes ok, and all the best for a speedy recovery.

mervil 28 March 2014 09:27 AM

Best of luck Ian... sounds on the painful side ! Hope you 'pull through' just fine ;)

The Trooper 1815 28 March 2014 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by mervil (Post 11390839)
Best of luck Ian... sounds on the painful side ! Hope you 'pull through' just fine ;)

I hope they don't use too much flannelette and I need a trip to the Gun Bunnies :D.

mervil 28 March 2014 11:34 AM

:lol1: just one square will do...

evil.soup 28 March 2014 02:12 PM

That doesnt sound to clever oldboy, or for your oldboy even. Hope they go by without too much trouble!!;)

Tiptoptaf 28 March 2014 03:27 PM

Hope it all goes well Cpt that does not sound nice.

STI Glenn 28 March 2014 04:02 PM

Hope it all goes to plan Ian ,quicker the better get it sorted

AKA Pabs 28 March 2014 04:49 PM

I had that very procedure after 14 days of hospital. I don't envy you, best of luck for a speedy recovery.

ScoobyNudge 28 March 2014 07:08 PM

Hope u get this sorted soon mate as said I wish you a speedy recovery!

The Trooper 1815 21 April 2014 04:16 PM

OK I am in. Right rigid urothscopy = up the jap in the morning.

Cannon Fodder 21 April 2014 04:28 PM

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/images...-grab-tool.jpg

I hope all goes smoothly and you're out in no time, if you need anything other than a bed bath than give me a shout. :thumb:

Peter Pan 21 April 2014 05:32 PM

Good luck Ian, hope all goes well for you :thumb:

big daz2 21 April 2014 07:03 PM

Christ that made my eyes water, good luck mate hope it goes ok give us a call if u need anything

The Trooper 1815 21 April 2014 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 11409919)
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/images...-grab-tool.jpg

I hope all goes smoothly and you're out in no time, if you need anything other than a bed bath than give me a shout. :thumb:

Thanks for that picture Ty. It makes it all the better seeing the device the quack just briefed me on :(. But the laser/camera goes in first to try and break them up a bit.

No worries!

SW Sport Pilot 21 April 2014 07:20 PM

Good luck Ian, i hope it all goes easily and painlessly as possible.

cheers

ian

Cannon Fodder 21 April 2014 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11410055)
Thanks for that picture Ty. It makes it all the better seeing the device the quack just briefed me on :(. But the laser/camera goes in first to try and break them up a bit.

No worries!

Sorry Ian I couldn't resist, I am sure the procedure would bring a tear to us all. :)

simb 2 21 April 2014 08:16 PM

Good luck cap'n! Speedy recovery mate and no reading those colourful morning papers after the op!;):D

ScoobyNudge 21 April 2014 09:51 PM

Get well soon mate!

The Trooper 1815 23 April 2014 01:32 PM

Out but not about just yet. Laser and camera treatment worked.

Pi**ing razor blades, tubes are a bit sore, drinking loads of water and the first trip to the bog was eye watering to say the least. Managed to capture some of the gravel that came out, fewking gritty and very hard.

Hopefully better by the weekend, thanks all for the messages and texts.

:notworthy

DYL 4N 23 April 2014 02:55 PM

Glad all went well Ian.

STI Glenn 23 April 2014 04:58 PM

Sounds nasty hope ok by weekend

Cannon Fodder 23 April 2014 05:29 PM

I know the pain of passing a couple of the small little b*stards, it was bloody shear agony.

I am glad all is ok, and that you are well on the road to recovery. :)

ditchmyster 23 April 2014 05:36 PM

Prevention is better than cure.

Google Parsley. I won't tell you again.:thumb:

big daz2 23 April 2014 06:58 PM

That's it parsley for me all the way and if you chew it after eating garlic it stops smelly breath everybody's happy