ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Contains Racist Attitudes (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1000405-contains-racist-attitudes.html)

pslewis 24 March 2014 06:37 PM

Contains Racist Attitudes

Not this post, of course!

But a film on Film4 now - Major Dundee - 1964 - a western about the Apache Indian and the US Cavalry.

Have we really come this far in PC bullsh1t????

A film, which is 50 years old, for which our 'sensitivities' need protecting from as it portrays some Racial Attitudes to the American Indian?!

FFS the world has gone stark staring mad!!

Are we not able to digest content with the appropriate 'context' adjustment in our own minds?

Stop the world, I wish to get off ..............

dazsti72 24 March 2014 06:47 PM

You are a racist pig if you say eskimo now...The word is INUIT...:nono:

alcazar 24 March 2014 07:40 PM

I always LOL at people who call others racist when they discuss the Muslims, and Islamic beliefs.

FFS, Islam is a set of beliefs, not a race........

Hol 24 March 2014 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by dazsti72 (Post 11387962)
You are a racist pig if you say eskimo now...The word is INUIT...:nono:

According to the film Full Metal Jacket: :norty:

I don't know, but I've been told.
I don't know... Etc
That Eskimo pussy is mighty cold.

I don't know much about American marching songs, but until heard that ditty, I didn't even realise that Inuits even had cats...? :wonder:

So films can be educational, as well... :thumb:

legb4rsk 24 March 2014 09:11 PM

I was watching 'Longmire' on Saturday.It's about a sheriff in Wyoming set in current times.He has contact with 'Native Americans' but yet he called them Indians & even the 'Indians' refered to themselves as Indians......

Who knows?:confused:

SJ_Skyline 25 March 2014 02:42 AM

You can thank the social engineering of the liberal left. And if you were one of those that voted them in then well done you...

DYK 25 March 2014 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 11388316)
You can thank the social engineering of the liberal left. And if you were one of those that voted them in then well done you...

Off with their namby pamby heads....:D

neil-h 25 March 2014 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 11388316)

Nah it's a cunning plan by the broadcasting companies. Forewarn people about any potentially offensive content, then if people still complain then tell them "you were warned, you didn't have to watch it". Genius... if only.

pslewis 25 March 2014 01:06 PM

It's laughable that someone looked at the Film and decided that a 50 year old film about red indians needed a racist warning.

Yet they forgot to mention anything about the Black and White Minstrel Show which followed it .............. for those too young, google and you tube it ;)

David Lock 25 March 2014 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 11387958)
Not this post, of course!

But a film on Film4 now - Major Dundee - 1964 - a western about the Apache Indian and the US Cavalry.

Have we really come this far in PC bullsh1t????

A film, which is 50 years old, for which our 'sensitivities' need protecting from as it portrays some Racial Attitudes to the American Indian?!

FFS the world has gone stark staring mad!!

Are we not able to digest content with the appropriate 'context' adjustment in our own minds?

Stop the world, I wish to get off ..............

Good to hear you are watching some exciting films Lewis. Davy Crockett next?

dl