ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wanted (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/)
-   -   Smooth face 4 pots wanted (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/1000082-smooth-face-4-pots-wanted.html)

Darrell@Scoobyworx 20 March 2014 10:56 AM

Smooth face 4 pots wanted

We currently require some sets of smooth face 4 pots as we are out of stock and have a few orders to fulfil on reconditioned units.

We pay £100 plus postage for seized sets that have no thread damage etc.

If you have a set let us know.

domino46 20 March 2014 11:31 AM

Not sure what the difference is but iv got three callipers with subaru on the front not the smooth ones if they are any good to you , all three need a refurb

£75 plus postage ?

Darrell@Scoobyworx 20 March 2014 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 11384167)
Not sure what the difference is but iv got three callipers with subaru on the front not the smooth ones if they are any good to you , all three need a refurb

£75 plus postage ?

Hi mate,

I have plenty of the embossed style calipers at present and just need the smooth versions, thanks for the reply though.

BLU 20 March 2014 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 11384167)

£75 plus postage ?

The smooth ones are fitted to late model WRX's. They don't have Subaru in raised letters. Instead they are smooth and have a sticker in place of the raised letters.

Gear Head 20 March 2014 01:08 PM

Should have bought my ones that I offered earlier this year. I've now refurbished them and they are sitting ready to go back on my car!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psf626e4d9.jpg

Gear Head 20 March 2014 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 11384210)
Should have bought my ones that I offered earlier this year. I've now refurbished them and they are sitting ready to go back on my car!

How much would you sell them for outright?
All fitted with stainless steel pistons from godspeed and new bleed nipples.

Darrell@Scoobyworx 20 March 2014 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 11384214)
How much would you sell them for outright?
All fitted with stainless steel pistons from godspeed and new bleed nipples.

£309 we sell them at outright fully rerurbished but it depends on the level of refurbishment. Some people just clean them up and paint over rust and if thats the case they will look tatty in a very short space of time. If they have been blasted and powder coated like ours are then they are worth top money :)

BLU 20 March 2014 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Darrell@Scoobyworx (Post 11384252)
£309 we sell them at outright fully rerurbished but it depends on the level of refurbishment. Some people just clean them up and paint over rust and if thats the case they will look tatty in a very short space of time. If they have been blasted and powder coated like ours are then they are worth top money :)

I acid dip mine and paint them in 2k paint :D (I don't do it as a business just for myself and friends :D)

The first set I didn't de-rust properly and as you say they were tatty within a few months!!

Darrell@Scoobyworx 20 March 2014 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by BLU (Post 11384260)
I acid dip mine and paint them in 2k paint :D (I don't do it as a business just for myself and friends :D)

The first set I didn't de-rust properly and as you say they were tatty within a few months!!

2k paint will last a fair while if the calipers are totally rust free but they still wont last like a powder coated set will. Powder Coat is just more durable and hard wearing on a part which is subject to such changes in heating and cooling not to mention road salts etc

Gear Head 20 March 2014 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Darrell@Scoobyworx (Post 11384262)

2k paint will last a fair while if the calipers are totally rust free but they still wont last like a powder coated set will. Powder Coat is just more durable and hard wearing on a part which is subject to such changes in heating and cooling not to mention road salts etc

Mine were bead blasted and then powder coated. :thumb:

Darrell@Scoobyworx 21 March 2014 10:55 AM

We still require 2 sets of these smooth face calipers.

Darrell@Scoobyworx 26 March 2014 01:53 PM

Still needing these as sold some more now

£120 paid including shipping

Somebody has to have a set going begging, its easier to find the winning lotto numbers at the minute lol