ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Newcastle Scoobs please sign in!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/389840-newcastle-scoobs-please-sign-in.html)

Ninnybobs 23 February 2006 09:59 PM

Hello Stranger ....... STIPAUL

Where on earth have you been?

Everything O.K.

Martin

prezaperve 24 February 2006 12:27 PM

Got to get 1000 miles on my car. (running in)
Any sugestions for interesting drives?

HowiesPreza 24 February 2006 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by prezaperve
Got to get 1000 miles on my car. (running in)
Any sugestions for interesting drives?

up near kielder is nice or head along the A69 then across to the lakes but on both u'll be tempted to boot it! :norty:

StickyMicky 24 February 2006 04:38 PM

1000 running in miles killed me

and then the car nearly killed me when i first opened it up after all that time :eek: :lol:

i can remember driving away fron alyns with the very slightest waft of throttle to get moving, i was scared of useing any kind of power.

if i am honest i am still a lot more warey of useing full power, its rare for mine to go over 5500 rpm these days :o

richiewong 24 February 2006 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
1000 running in miles killed me

and then the car nearly killed me when i first opened it up after all that time :eek: :lol:

i can remember driving away fron alyns with the very slightest waft of throttle to get moving, i was scared of useing any kind of power.

if i am honest i am still a lot more warey of useing full power, its rare for mine to go over 5500 rpm these days :o

I blame it on driving the Super Mudburner:D

speye91 24 February 2006 09:18 PM

the match the morra

ok then who is gonna go to the match the morra will u be taking the scoob down. I will ,fancy meeting up b 4 or going 4 a pint in shearers bar.Chance to get to know some ov u guys b 4 the next meet:thumb:

StickyMicky 24 February 2006 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by richiewong
I blame it on driving the Super Mudburner:D

ha ha ha, forgot about the mudburner :D

i went on a bit of a shine fest with mine today

gave all the red bits a good cutting back with some autoglym polish (i don't really like autoglym TBH but i have had a full bottle for over 2 years so i opened it up ??!!??) then i waxed all the red parts with meguires gold class liquid wax, after this i then used meguires tech wax paste over the top to see what kind of result it would give (slightly different results from tech and gold class IMO)

gave a nice shine, although i was finishing it in the dark at 6.30pm (cold)

when the back end was painted red, i think there may have been a run in the boot lid that the body shop buffed out, and i never realised, i think i started to uncover a very faint white line across the bootlid :eek:

looks like all them people who jokingly said "you will polish the paint of that thing" were right :Suspiciou

i had planned to either get the entire car redone in white this summer, or have the red redone anyway (few chips here and there and a large dent dent), so all is not lost :thumb:

StickyMicky 24 February 2006 09:29 PM

actually i have just had a thought, the cloth did not turn red while buffing the car, so how can i polish the faint white line in with the clear-cote still on :confused:

must have been a dodgy reflection from the floodlights :lol: :lol:

speye91 24 February 2006 09:50 PM

is ...ne.. body going to the match 2 morra ????:p

prezaperve 25 February 2006 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by HowiesPreza
up near kielder is nice or head along the A69 then across to the lakes but on both u'll be tempted to boot it! :norty:

Think I'll go for a cuppa at the Hartside caff.:)

richiewong 25 February 2006 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by speye91
is ...ne.. body going to the match 2 morra ????:p

Bit late in the reply but I'll be there as per usual.

fastcar150 25 February 2006 04:09 PM

sorry had logging prob other night was about 10.15,usual time i go out for a spin,prob be through consett later on tonight,bypasses usual blasting about

mickywrx 25 February 2006 10:01 PM

Bit late in the reply but I'll be there as per usual.

Just got in from the Maiden Over, watched the match, head in bits, was alright til I had some Corona!?! Messes with my head summit rotten. :nono:

TOON TOON :thumb: :thumb: Roeder in maybe?

scoobie-shieldy 26 February 2006 10:33 AM

is the next tts meet this tuesday??? hope so, coz im earlies and i can make this 1

Doggy 26 February 2006 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by scoobie-shieldy
is the next tts meet this tuesday??? hope so, coz im earlies and i can make this 1

First tuesday of the month :D

scoobie-shieldy 26 February 2006 12:00 PM

damn so it isnt this tuesday then:(

feck im on l8s next week:(

Doggy 27 February 2006 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by scoobie-shieldy
damn so it isnt this tuesday then:(

feck im on l8s next week:(

Oh dear :(

See you at the April meet then :lol:

Doggy 28 February 2006 04:15 PM

Next week TTS meeting http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=496066 :thumb:

Doggy 02 March 2006 08:04 AM

How cold is it outside :eek:

richiewong 02 March 2006 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Doggy
How cold is it outside :eek:

Minus 3 according to the scooby clock:freak3:

EVOLUTION 02 March 2006 01:08 PM

i had -3 in shotley bridge last night, went up to consett at 12.30 am and it said it was -6.

EVOLUTION 02 March 2006 01:09 PM

just out of interest, when any of you drive past tyneside college, how does your temp guage compare to theres, mine is always 2 degrees below, wonder whos right lol

john

richiewong 02 March 2006 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
just out of interest, when any of you drive past tyneside college, how does your temp guage compare to theres, mine is always 2 degrees below, wonder whos right lol

john

Whan ever I'm driving past the college I'm worried about my front splitter catching due to the uneven road surface along the Scotswood Road.
Wish they would finish it:cry:

When I got into the car this PM it had been sitting facing the direct sunlight and reached a balmy 6degrees C, woo hoo:cool:

EVOLUTION 02 March 2006 03:14 PM

Whan ever I'm driving past the college I'm worried about my front splitter catching due to the uneven road surface along the Scotswood Road.
Wish they would finish it:cry:

When I got into the car this PM it had been sitting facing the direct sunlight and reached a balmy 6degrees C, woo hoo:cool:

scotswood road, think im lost, i meant the coast road to north shields, past the wills building???

john

HowiesPreza 02 March 2006 05:35 PM

Yeah North Tyneside is off coast road Evo, Richie must be thinking of Newcastle college.

EVOLUTION 02 March 2006 05:43 PM

thought as much, but i know what he was talking about, i was at BAE (vickers) the other day and the road getting there is a damn joke,

john

richiewong 02 March 2006 10:55 PM

D'oh being thick:wonder: , was Newcastle College I was thinking about

StickyMicky 03 March 2006 07:48 AM

do you think the windchill factor affects the car more as your driving along>?

Doggy 03 March 2006 09:06 AM

End of another night shift week :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

It's the weekend, yipeee!!! :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

Drink! Drink! Drink! this weekend like :lol: :lol: :lol:

EVOLUTION 03 March 2006 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
do you think the windchill factor affects the car more as your driving along>?

i dont know how they work a windchill factor, i thought it was a guesstimate anyway.

as for it being the weekend, mine started last friday, i had myself a week off lol

john