ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/)
-   -   Brembo Group Buy??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/316151-brembo-group-buy.html)

Johnny50 14 May 2004 08:19 AM

They look ace Sinky ! :D

Still aint got mine, but shouldn't be long !! :D :D

STEVE GT40 17 May 2004 08:13 PM

Just to let everyone know that I have recieved my brakes from Ian.Although it took longer than I expected I have to say that I am well pleased with the results. I havn't fitted them yet but they look damn good in the box!! Signing off.
Steve

RobDon 18 May 2004 03:28 PM

Still waiting on mine, anyone else still waiting? I've email Ian but no response!

Johnny50 18 May 2004 03:34 PM

Yep, still waiting on mine.
Was told they would arrive last Thursday. :(

RobDon 19 May 2004 08:58 AM

Johnny50 - Ian is finishing your kit and sending it today, mine is the last one and will be a few days from now. Ian emailed me back this morning.

Johnny50 19 May 2004 09:54 AM

Yep..got a mail this morning to confirm that from Ian. :)
Cheers mate. :)

Scooby Luke 19 May 2004 01:57 PM

Think my order must have been one of the last, ian said it would get to me sometime this week. Cant wait!

Wild Mark 27 May 2004 07:23 PM

I am very interested, what would the price be for front and back, or is that the price, I have a MY03 WRX, and just about to fit prodrive multispokes (18)

many thanks

Mark

bigsinky 29 May 2004 02:32 AM

eventually got them fitted. had to get the discs skimmed coz they were a mm to thick. will get pictures of the discs and calipers fitted when i come back from scooby shootout. have to say they awesome fitted. those discs just look so big!!

cheers

sinky

TimDave25 30 May 2004 02:56 PM

Does anyone live near Reading/Staines and selling there old 2 or 4 pots now you have the brems?

Local people would be better due to the weight.

AsifScoob 31 May 2004 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by TimDave25
Does anyone live near Reading/Staines and selling there old 2 or 4 pots now you have the brems?

Local people would be better due to the weight.

Hi Tim,

Not a million miles from there, but why would you want my old brakes, they were terrible??

Asif

Keigo 31 May 2004 03:10 PM

Maybe he has a Sport - it has single pot IIRC. 2 pots are still big improvement for them.

TimDave25 31 May 2004 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Keigo
Maybe he has a Sport - it has single pot IIRC. 2 pots are still big improvement for them.

Shhhhhh!!!! Someone might hear you! ;)

Yes guys I have a sport... and before you all start... There is no insurance company in the whole world that would touch a 21 year old male with no, no claims discount and 3 points which why I have a 2l Sport!

Sorry for being so defensive but I have not heard good things from most turbo owners.

AsifScoob - Could you send me a PM of where you are and the kind of money you are looking for? My plan is for 2pot/drilled and grooved disks/decent pads.
Should stop the drake fade I keep experiencing. :)

AsifScoob 31 May 2004 08:29 PM

Hello mate,

Dont think its an issue that you have a sport. People may not choose to buy one for themsleves but have no right to berate your choice.

At your age you have to start with something. Much nicer than what I was driving at that age.

Anyway, will PM you

Asif

bigsinky 01 June 2004 07:53 AM

@Ian Godney and Group buy organisers.

Many thanks. got the brakes on and boy do they stop. seatbelt would rip your spleen out they bite that hard. good runs today in scooby shootout, still accelerating going past the quarter mile speed trap and then brake to turn off to the right. from over 100 mph in what seems a shortish distance in the blink off an eye i am down to a respectable speed. pedal response is superb and i am sure that the combination of the 335mm discs and brembo calipers would do this all day had i chose to do so. no squeeling at all with the brakes like some others and that is using ferodo ds2000 pads. only downside is the pads appear to be alot more dusty that oem pads, but that might be just the pad bedding in. well happy chaps.

cheers

big sinky

p.s. Ian - i never did get you that pint. maybe TOTB3?

RobDon 01 June 2004 10:12 AM

Still waiting on mine. :(

bigsinky 01 June 2004 11:32 AM

@ robdon

not long now m8. well worth the wait.

@ian godney

don't forget my banjo joints for my braided lines as per your conversation with Michael White.

cheers

big sinky

bigsinky 03 June 2004 05:51 PM

bttt for Ian Godney

RobDon 08 June 2004 09:55 AM

Anyone else still waiting? Ian told me my kit was ready to go 13 days ago but I've still not received it, I can't get hold of him via email or phone now - starting to get concerned about it. Is Ian a 100% solid reliable guy - I'm sure he probably is but this worries me?

Mr J 08 June 2004 10:11 AM

No me too ..was told I have last week..but no word from Ian...

But I think Ian just have a lot to do...as long as get them next week there's no problem for me :)

Jan

RobDon 09 June 2004 12:02 PM

I've heard from Ian, he's had some personal setbacks to deal with hence the delay, but hopefully he's back on his feet now and we should get our kits sometime soon. :D

bigsinky 10 June 2004 11:36 AM

bttt for Ian Godney. Ian see 5 posts up. can you forward me banjo joints please.

cheers

big sinky

spooz 10 June 2004 06:51 PM

How about starting a new group buy? Seems like a few people are interested already.

RobDon 22 June 2004 06:22 PM

Still waiting on mine - that's been over 2 months now! :(

STEVE GT40 01 July 2004 12:20 AM

Well I've got my discs, and they're fitted to the bells. I've got my calipers as well. But Ian forgot to include the brackets and so I can't get the brakes on the car, and they look sooo good. Frustrating or what!! So, Ian if you happen to read this please could you honour your kind offer of four weeks ago and send me the bits I'm missing. Thanks Steve

MaeckyMY98 01 July 2004 11:44 PM

Stiil on??

Hello!

Can i Still order a Kit? Whats the Price right now?

reg

Markus

Johnny50 02 July 2004 10:48 AM

Markus..
The group buy is now closed i think, has been for a while.

I suggest that if you are keen enough, you could see what interest there is, and start another group buy.
Otherwise you'll be paying full price. :(

RobDon 02 July 2004 06:59 PM

Well after 3 months of waiting and waiting, I have finally received my brakes from Ian, they look awesome. No braided lines though, don't they come in the kit?

MaeckyMY98 03 July 2004 06:11 PM

Wasnt all the Reddotracing Costumers from the Group Buy here very happy with the deal with Reddot?

Annyone a really working email from reddot cause the emails on theyr HP dont work!