ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   andythejock01wrx Rest in Peace (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/919786-andythejock01wrx-rest-in-peace.html)

Lee247 03 February 2012 12:07 AM

I kinda like seeing it here. It's doing no harm. He was a very nice guy and remembered by many. :)

GC8 03 February 2012 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 10464429)
It still feels surreal thinking that Andy is no longer around. No longer here to give us a few words of advice, a bit of jovial banter a bit of his Scottish wit. The world's a poorer place without him.

Its quite an achievement to affect people who you hadnt ever met, so much, when you die.

In one respect Im surprised, but in another not, because people all seem to expressing sentiments similar to my own.

I genuinely liked Andy from the first time that I spoke to him, which is a rare occurance; but it hadnt occured to me that everyone else who conversed with him here felt the same.

Simon

Mikej857 04 February 2012 12:47 AM

RIP Andy

Sincere condolences to your family and loved ones who have sadly lost someone who was very special

Berks-Jack 08 February 2012 02:26 PM

RIP Andy.

Im Really glad I've just noticed this. I never knew him or even exchanged pm's with Andy, but i will always remember reading his thread from when he bought his T20 last year. His enthusiasm for the brand, and happiness that came across from reading about his new toy really left a mark on me, and I don't know why? It seems from reading comments from those that knew him, that this was his way of life and it obviously came across in his posts.

I know it's a bit late, but RIP buddy.

EH52WRX 08 February 2012 10:22 PM

OMG i didn't realise when i heard the news, that this was Andythejock. R.I.P dude.......

little-ginge 10 February 2012 09:51 PM

Not being such a SN regular as I used to be, I only just found out about Andy on another forum. Condolences to his partner, and his family. He was much liked here on SN, and if this was anything to go by, I can only begin to imagine what a great guy he was in 'real life'.

RIP Andy.

Alteredbeast 15 February 2012 01:41 PM

A massive lost to our Subaru community.RIP Andy

FlightMan 15 February 2012 05:22 PM

Not sure how I've missed this but have to pass on my sincere condolences.

RIP Andy.

PG 18 February 2012 09:21 PM

Like some others I'm not as frequent a user of SN as I used to be but Andythejock is without doubt a name I recognise.
A fellow Scot, cyclist and SN user. A true loss to this community but as much as we'll miss his contributions it will pale into comparison to the loss his family and close friends will feel. To them I pass on my sincerest condolences. RIP Andythejock. Keep pedalling up there.

Clarebabes 04 March 2012 07:19 PM

Only just seen that he'd died, can't believe it. We 'spoke' quite a bit about cycling on here, especially when I said about commuting. Such a shame he was killed doing just that.

RIP Andy, you were well respected on here as well as in real life. :(

SiPie 05 March 2012 02:03 PM

Just read that another cyclist was killed this morning in Edinburgh (Corstorphine) in a collision with a taxi :(

struan80 26 March 2012 07:21 PM

Oh my goodness, I bought Andy's green WRX from him last year. I was looking on google for his phone number as I was wanting to ask him something about the car.

I then came across BBC web site about this tragic incident.

I am really sorry to hear this, I only met Andy and his girlfriend briefly but he came across a lovely gent. It was on Andy's advice that I registered for this website. I feel for his family and friends

RIP Andy

SCOOBYOLS46 21 April 2012 07:50 PM

REST IN PEACE andy mate
thought's are with ur family and freinds x

Maz 24 July 2012 01:55 PM

Still thinking of you Andy.

GC8 27 July 2012 04:32 PM

I share that sentiment.

Lydia72 24 December 2012 03:27 PM

Thinking of Andy's family and friends this Christmas.xxx.

Chip 24 December 2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lydia72 (Post 10917712)

Nice thought. :thumb:

SiPie 24 December 2012 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 10917717)
Nice thought. :thumb:

Indeed :thumb:

JTaylor 24 December 2012 08:39 PM

Well said.

DCI Gene Hunt 25 December 2012 01:45 PM

Aye, nice touch.... :) :thumb:

GC8 25 December 2012 05:13 PM

I havent ever seen a topic stickied for so long before. Itll soon be a year since Andy died and it still makes me stop and reflect whenever I look in SG.

I think that the page should remain in its current position until the anniversary has passed.

Simon

Maz 25 December 2012 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 10918619)
I havent ever seen a topic stickied for so long before. Itll soon be a year since Andy died and it still makes me stop and reflect whenever I look in SG.

I think that the page should remain in its current position until the anniversary has passed.

Simon

The ultimate measure of a person is not how we perceive them in life but in death, for that memory is and always will be eternal.:)

Hawk aye the noo 26 December 2012 10:36 AM

Thank you so much for that lovely thought, I have passed on all your comments to Andy's partner and she thought it was very thoughtful.

Yes, as has been said, it is hard to believe that it will be a year on the 5th of Jan since Andy's accident. It has been a tough year for all of us, but particularly Andy's partner.

We will always miss him, and as said it shows what a great guy he was, when even people who have never actually met him in person but chatted to him on here had so much respect for him! It was truly deserved and he loved it here on this site helping with advice where he could, and asking for it when he didn't know. He was and still is a legend to all of us!

Turbohot 30 December 2012 04:57 PM

Sincere thoughts for Andy's partner. He lives on in his posts and in our minds.

SiPie 28 February 2013 03:38 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-21615382

A man has now been charged

chocolate_o_brian 28 February 2013 03:50 PM

Can't believe it's been a year already. I hope the chap sees justice.

GC8 03 March 2013 10:54 AM

Id guess that the police are relatively confident as the man is faing the most serious charge.

He could be looking at four years in prison. I have no sympathy for him though.

Little help to Andy, of course.

Maz 03 March 2013 01:22 PM

It's scant consolation seeing someone banged up when a life has been lost but hopefully justice will be done. As Simon says no sympathy for the guy whatsoever though. Hopefully this will bring a closure to the whole thing.

SiPie 31 August 2013 08:46 AM

Another cyclist killed last night just outside my village

RIP fella :(

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/...dent-1-3068961

Jamo 31 August 2013 09:39 AM

Is that near to where Andy died.