ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Police brutality on film... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/849862-police-brutality-on-film.html)

MMT WRX 21 November 2010 01:28 AM

Hey Meridian, are you in the police?

You seem to have a very abrasive attitude, as if your talking down to people that are trying to express an opinion.

Leslie 21 November 2010 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 9723110)
Don't you start old man ;) :p

How can I follow that Sonny?

Les :D

MMT WRX 21 November 2010 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9724992)
How can I follow that Sonny?

Les :D

Les, you can't be older than Trout. :eek: :D

Trout 21 November 2010 06:02 PM

I bet he can :p

_Meridian_ 21 November 2010 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by MMT WRX (Post 9724663)
Hey Meridian, are you in the police?

You seem to have a very abrasive attitude, as if your talking down to people that are trying to express an opinion.

I've got an abrasive attitude? Have you read the whole thread? I really genuinely would like to know why you consider my posts abrasive, compared to, say, some of the anti-police ones? Although I suspect that answer lies in your first question: because I've dared to defend the police on SN, and at this point I am usually asked if I'm a fed. I love the idea that only police officers would defend the police.

M

MMT WRX 21 November 2010 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by _Meridian_ (Post 9725776)
I've got an abrasive attitude? Have you read the whole thread? I really genuinely would like to know why you consider my posts abrasive, compared to, say, some of the anti-police ones? Although I suspect that answer lies in your first question: because I've dared to defend the police on SN, and at this point I am usually asked if I'm a fed. I love the idea that only police officers would defend the police.

M

The thing is I am very pro police, my mrs worked at the main Hertfordshire police HQ in Stanborough for several years, but it felt like you were pointing an anti police finger at me - although I could be wrong.
The real point I believe is that the sergeant in the OP video has let the majority of the police force down with his actions. IMO he's a bad apple who overstepped the mark.

cster 21 November 2010 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by _Meridian_ (Post 9725776)

M

Is that a yes or a no?
Or a maybe?

Leslie 22 November 2010 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by MMT WRX (Post 9725558)
Les, you can't be older than Trout. :eek: :D

You could well be right...but you never know!

Les ;)