ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Opinions: "SN lite" or not? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/583468-opinions-sn-lite-or-not.html)

sarasquares 17 February 2007 02:08 PM

i will stick this in here as there is more chance of it being seen :thumb:

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...nfirm-why.html

ex-webby 17 February 2007 02:18 PM

sara

Stop being a nuisance. It has already been seen by me, which is why I replied to it and explained that as soon as there is spare time, we'll look into it.

The world is not going to come to an end if it isn't answered immediately, so just be patient please.

Simon

sarasquares 17 February 2007 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 6667817)
sara

Stop being a nuisance. It has already been seen by me, which is why I replied to it and explained that as soon as there is spare time, we'll look into it.

The world is not going to come to an end if it isn't answered immediately, so just be patient please.

Simon

fairysnuff, but an update now and then would stop people thinking you had forgotten :thumb:

jasey 17 February 2007 05:59 PM

I have stopped viewing the site during the week and being logged in - as the temptation to comment and my current work committments are in-compatible :).

Having viewed SN as a guest for the last month or so I can honestly say I haven't noticed the Ads at all - I just ignore them. As stated by the fuhrer they are hardly obtrusive.

However - since being logged in today I have noticed that the speed Issue seems worse to the logged in user than it does to the Guest :confused: .

Keep up the good work and don't enforce charging - you'll kill the site (As I suspect you already know).

stevebt 17 February 2007 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by carl (Post 6666747)
How to look like an idiot by attempting to make a joke from a position of ignorance, and not even bothering to do the research properly (ffs, it's even on wikipedia). :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: very sad !!!

Scooby-kid 17 February 2007 09:11 PM

To be honest I love ScoobyNet, and do not mind the adds. I do not see what problem people have with the adds, I can only see two, and I have to look to notice them (am I one of these O So bad people who are blocking them (sorry if I am, I would be more than happy to see them so that ScoobyNet can survive)).

This may be a really stupid idea, but here goes anyway: Why not remove all the adds on ScoobyNet, and just pile them all on the first forum page (the page you get when you click FORUM from the home page), so that the site is free from adds, apart from this one page that we all view, but only for a few seconds. This way they can all just be on the side, there can be loads of them, they can pay for scoobynet, we will only have to see them for a few seconds, and advertisers will pay loads as the page must have loads of hits(??)

That is my view anyways,
Scott.

carl 18 February 2007 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 6668246)
:rolleyes: very sad !!!

That's right. You don't know your libel from your slander, and I'm sad. :rolleyes:
Ignorance isn't cool...

If you're ever in court for something serious, make sure you tell your barrister they're "sad" for knowing their arse from their elbow ;)

stevebt 18 February 2007 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by carl (Post 6669346)
That's right. You don't know your libel from your slander, and I'm sad.

hahahaha but does anyone care ;) you insulted me for no reason and i still dont care !!! i never called you once !!! and still havent !!! keep up the good work :D

SiDHEaD 18 February 2007 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Scooby-kid (Post 6668825)
This may be a really stupid idea, but here goes anyway: Why not remove all the adds on ScoobyNet, and just pile them all on the first forum page (the page you get when you click FORUM from the home page), so that the site is free from adds, apart from this one page that we all view, but only for a few seconds. This way they can all just be on the side, there can be loads of them, they can pay for scoobynet, we will only have to see them for a few seconds, and advertisers will pay loads as the page must have loads of hits(??)

Not nearly as many as where they are... i somehow dont think advertisers would part with as much cash ;)

stevebt 18 February 2007 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by carl (Post 6669346)
That's right. You don't know your libel from your slander, and I'm sad.

sorry but i had to post this a 2nd time as this still makes me laugh :D i bet that creases them up when you tell your mates this in the bar :D

Jaybird-UK 18 February 2007 02:10 AM

Advertising is accepted everywhere else, why not here?

Not sure how many advert pages in this months EVO but its a lot, and it didnt detract from the good read. TV adverts too of course have become accepted.

Oh, btw webby give us avatars and I'll bung you some membership money :)

AndyC_772 18 February 2007 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK (Post 6669481)
Advertising is accepted everywhere else, why not here?

Not sure how many advert pages in this months EVO but its a lot, and it didnt detract from the good read. TV adverts too of course have become accepted.

How exactly do you define 'accepted'?

I don't 'accept' TV ads, I watch everything through my Tivo and skip them, because on the whole they're bl**dy annoying.

And, do you remember a couple of months ago in Evo, when Shell bought up half the magazine to promote V-power? Not only did people write in to complain, but Evo actually published some of the complaints and apologised!

StickyMicky 18 February 2007 09:38 AM

"Command of the English language" means nothing if the words still come out yo ass :lol1:

anybody got the time? :confused:

StickyMicky 18 February 2007 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by AndyC_772 (Post 6669565)

I don't 'accept' TV ads, I watch everything through my Tivo and skip them, because on the whole they're bl**dy annoying.

TV adverts tend to use a different sound level setup to "pierce" the message across, which is probably why you find them so annoying.

Me and the ball and chain were watching "Vera Drake" last night, and we had the volume going up for the film, and then turning it down for the adverts!!??!!

AndyC_772 18 February 2007 10:05 AM

The volume is an issue, certainly - but it's by no means the only reason I object to them. What I really object to is the interruption and being told "BUY THIS! BUY THAT! GIVE US YOUR MONEY OR YOUR BREATH WILL SMELL, YOU'LL BE POISONED BY GERMS FROM YOUR FILTHY DISGUSTING KITCHEN AND YOUR KIDS WILL GROW UP TO BE SERIAL KILLERS!".

On the other hand, if they politely and calmly told me about products I actually care about, or even just made me laugh, I might have a little more time for them...