ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Member's Gallery (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/)
-   -   My bug sti prodrive edition! (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/1017530-my-bug-sti-prodrive-edition.html)

scooblet 26 July 2015 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Deanamoore (Post 11716233)
Fair play to ya it is a great car as I pretty much paid to have it built from scratch.if they need any information tell them they can message me or Scoobyclinic.

Its ok deano i took all the glory! Lol

Deanamoore 26 July 2015 10:38 PM

Yep I can totally see that.

scooblet 26 July 2015 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Deanamoore (Post 11716239)
Yep I can totally see that.

I sunk a good few grand into it myself so why not lol

Deanamoore 26 July 2015 11:51 PM

Fair anoth,i will buy the magazine to see the the write up,an the list of mods.i am pretty sure 90 percent of them I have done myself.check the history an your total cost compared to mine.i hate people taking credit for other people's work.a childhood dream,how about you send a project you have done yourself with ya hard earned cash then take credit for it.i would say full respect to you then.i look forward to the artical.

IainMilford 29 July 2015 07:57 AM

Car looks great Dan and has come a long way in your ownership, congrats on the feature :)

scooblet 29 July 2015 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Deanamoore (Post 11716254)
Fair anoth,i will buy the magazine to see the the write up,an the list of mods.i am pretty sure 90 percent of them I have done myself.check the history an your total cost compared to mine.i hate people taking credit for other people's work.a childhood dream,how about you send a project you have done yourself with ya hard earned cash then take credit for it.i would say full respect to you then.i look forward to the artical.

Yeah understand you there mate. I wouldnt take all the credit but feel that i visioned the car the way i wanted it before i bought it, power is your doing, styling is mine and to be honest they were more interested in how it looked then how much power it had. Will gove you a mention in it if they allow it.

Scooby B 29 July 2015 08:32 AM

Massive improvement from when you first got the car mate. Totally transformed it and made it your own ;)

shag 29 July 2015 08:54 AM

Looks a lot better now. Personally I didn't like it when you brought it dan. But you transformed amongst other things, the engine bay from all the mismatched coloured pipe work etc also some awesome upgrades to show it's full potential . Nice to put your own touch to it. Weldone.

marky2606 29 July 2015 09:16 AM

How come you never finished it dean?

scooblet 29 July 2015 10:13 AM

I like to think i made it my own. I have changed a hell of alot of things, extracted more power too. I bought the car because of its potential and its nearly there as to how I visioned it..

richl 29 July 2015 04:25 PM

This is one of the best looking bugs about and imo is a lot better looking than when you 1st bought it. The speedlines really set it off nicely! It also drives, stops and handles much better than when you picked it up. I think with the time, effort and money you have put into this to make it the car it is now, then you fully deserve the magazine feature. Keep up the good work!

scooblet 29 July 2015 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by richl (Post 11717515)
This is one of the best looking bugs about and imo is a lot better looking than when you 1st bought it. The speedlines really set it off nicely! It also drives, stops and handles much better than when you picked it up. I think with the time, effort and money you have put into this to make it the car it is now, then you fully deserve the magazine feature. Keep up the good work!

Cheers Rich! £5 is in the post mate.

Deanamoore 29 July 2015 08:25 PM

It was a project to me,my final output was going to be roughly 480bhp with the next mods front Mount an other bits,so as for the comment that it drives brakes an everything else is better, it probably wouldnt of if i finished it,but I always wanted a classic after I seen a few members of the group I am in.so I put it up for sale.silly really as the turbo had literally covered 300 miles.but it allowed me to buy a type r she'll an do a complete project at scoobyclinic.dan has made it his own an looked after an improved it vastly an I respect him for that,I just don't see it as a project, to me a project is from start to finish

scooblet 29 July 2015 08:35 PM

To me it is a project, i started it, done all the work myself (with mates) and nearly finished it. Imo a project is starting with a car, no matter what parts it has fitted and making it your own through your own hard graft and money. I need to feel im part if it not just chucking money at it if you know what i mean.

The comment i made about taking the glory was a sarcastic one, but then i think well no cos it never would have been featured as it was Imo. I seen the car for sale it had potential for what i wanted ( ecu, turbo) however the engine wasnt done by you either.

So with all that in mind its my car and i own it now regardless of who spent what on it previously it looks the way it does because of me (not saying it wouldnt look as good if you finished it) we all have different tastes, for instance the hawk rear lights came off straight away! Wheels as soon as i drove it for a while, then the safe power mods started fmic,perrin filter, rcm headers up pipe. Then the cosmetics to make it tge car it is now.. My car.

Deanamoore 29 July 2015 08:46 PM

Yes Dan it is your car,an you have like I said before done a fantastic job on improving it.i will agree to disagree on the project aspect

marky2606 29 July 2015 08:51 PM

ahh crap! some garage in swansea fitted a wheel bearing before i got my car :-( i guess its no longer my project

Deanamoore 29 July 2015 09:00 PM

Yea man you will have to totally start it again now.i am looking into buying a fully restored type r with a 2.35 with a rotated set up pushing 600 bhp .i am going to change the interior light to a slight different shade.it will then become my project :-)

scooblet 29 July 2015 09:05 PM

Think I've changed more than enoughparts to make it a project.

scoobyboy1 29 July 2015 09:39 PM

Who cares who's project it is.:cuckoo: Its Scooblets car now, he's paid for it and you sold it. Your comments have come across like sour grapes, instead of being happy that someone has improved and enjoying a car you sold!!:wonder:

Cracking car Scooblet, keep up the good work and take all the glory you can mate, you deserve it!!!:thumb:

richl 29 July 2015 09:42 PM

When you change as many things to a car as Dan has it is a project imo. It's not like he has just fitted a front mount and then claimed the whole car is down to him. The car is totally different from when he bought it, regardless of whether it still has the same engine and turbo fitted. What was he meant to do, throw those bits away and start totally again?

richl 29 July 2015 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11717656)
Who cares who's project it is.:cuckoo: Its Scooblets car now, he's paid for it and you sold it. Your comments have come across like sour grapes, instead of being happy that someone has improved and enjoying a car you sold!!:wonder:

Cracking car Scooblet, keep up the good work and take all the glory you can mate, you deserve it!!!:thumb:

Well said

scooblet 29 July 2015 09:54 PM

Appreciate the comment mate. Put alot of blood sweat and beers into this car and love it.

YE5 1 SUB 29 July 2015 10:04 PM

Stunning.thinking of changing my blob for one of these sti pro drives

Credit to you,but I like the old wheels,got speedlines on the evo and hate cleaning them lol

Scooby B 29 July 2015 10:21 PM

This :notworthy

scooblet 03 August 2015 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fitted front 24mm anti roll bar and the H brace the weekend. Tidy!

Attachment 44707

Ash 04 August 2015 08:38 AM

Nice one mate. Do you find much difference with the H Brace ?

scooblet 04 August 2015 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by flashash (Post 11719856)
Nice one mate. Do you find much difference with the H Brace ?

Hey bud. Not actually driven it since fitting but hooing to do rear arb friday then full geo set up. My mate fitted a H brace on his type r and said he knew it was fitted. Hope that helps.
Dan

scooblet 01 September 2015 03:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rear anti roll bar fitted!

Attachment 43629

scooblet 15 September 2015 11:36 PM

Now sold

beef-on-the-bone 16 September 2015 07:59 PM

gutted!

when did it get advertised?