ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   New UK Subaru Sti - Due April/May (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/996063-new-uk-subaru-sti-due-april-may.html)

Mangoletsi Subaru 15 August 2014 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by andijones (Post 11491762)
Anyone bored yet then �� Tattoo Park weekend ? ...

I'm there with 2 Scoobs in the dream car pavillion, and that guys at Lancashire and District Subaru owners club have a stand as well.

andijones 15 August 2014 06:40 PM

Right you are John, I shall pop along then :thumb:

NormantheDog 15 September 2014 02:04 PM

How about a review Hulkster after over three months of ownership particularly coming from an RS would be useful to get a low down on the new STi good and bad points if there are any?

casualhero 08 October 2014 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by NormantheDog (Post 11515447)
How about a review Hulkster after over three months of ownership particularly coming from an RS would be useful to get a low down on the new STi good and bad points if there are any?

Ditto, albeit 4 months now...

Should I still be looking forward to the end of this month as much as I am!

John: is arrival day still listed at 26th?

Carnut 08 October 2014 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by casualhero (Post 11533536)
Ditto, albeit 4 months now...

Should I still be looking forward to the end of this month as much as I am!

John: is arrival day still listed at 26th?

I can't remember which one but I've seen him posting on another site, a friendly....er one:D

NormantheDog 08 October 2014 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Carnut (Post 11533755)
I can't remember which one but I've seen him posting on another site, a friendly....er one:D

Spill the beans I didn't even know there was another :wonder:

NormantheDog 08 October 2014 10:40 PM

Found him :thumb: not as positive as I hoped though :(

terzoscooby 08 October 2014 10:52 PM

:wonder:

NormantheDog 08 October 2014 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by terzoscooby (Post 11533777)

terzoscooby 09 October 2014 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by NormantheDog (Post 11533772)
Found him :thumb: not as positive as I hoped though :(

Is he I'll? Has he moved jobs? Has he stopped selling Subaru? Is your order still in Japan? You have not really told us anything here Norm.

NormantheDog 09 October 2014 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by terzoscooby (Post 11533849)
Is he I'll? Has he moved jobs? Has he stopped selling Subaru? Is your order still in Japan? You have not really told us anything here Norm.

I think as above the Hulkster moved forums because of the negativity he got. I just wanted to get an honest review from him about his new Sti. On this basis it's only fair to not pass on his comments.

Thehulkster699 09 October 2014 04:28 PM

Nah, I'm still kicking about guys.

Anyone wanna buy a nearly new Subaru? Lol.

Found that mine had been leaving an oily mark or two on the drive, from the rear diff. Took it straight to Derek Slacks who found a damaged seal. Told me it wasn't a big problem, and it is back in on the 31st to be sorted.

Would appear that there are loads of the new ones with a similar problem. Looks like QC control went walkabout for that part of the build.

I'm not really bonding with this car, so much so that it's not really getting driven. Will be lucky to break 6000 miles by next May I think. It just doesn't seem (to me anyway) to do what it says on the tin. Really missing my last RS, which still hasn't sold. Can't bring myself to committing financial suicide and doing a deal to get her back, so I'm resigned to sitting tight in the Subaru until I either start to enjoy it more, or I sell/trade for something else. Sorry I can't be more positive, just being honest.

Seahound007 09 October 2014 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Thehulkster699 (Post 11534148)

Found that mine had been leaving an oily mark or two on the drive, from the rear diff. Took it straight to Derek Slacks who found a damaged seal. Told me it wasn't a big problem, and it is back in on the 31st to be sorted.

Would appear that there are loads of the new ones with a similar problem. Looks like QC control went walkabout for that part of the build.

I'm not really bonding with this car, so much so that it's not really getting driven. Will be lucky to break 6000 miles by next May I think. It just doesn't seem (to me anyway) to do what it says on the tin. Really missing my last RS, which still hasn't sold. Can't bring myself to committing financial suicide and doing a deal to get her back, so I'm resigned to sitting tight in the Subaru until I either start to enjoy it more, or I sell/trade for something else. Sorry I can't be more positive, just being honest.

Sorry to hear that Hulkster.
I hear Derek Slack are giving up the Subaru franchise. Shame.

Thehulkster699 09 October 2014 06:56 PM

Yes they are. I'll have to travel to Richmond in North Yorkshire soon.

Seahound007 09 October 2014 06:59 PM

I see Stokesley Motors have taken on the Scooby franchise.

Carnut 09 October 2014 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Thehulkster699 (Post 11534148)

If you don't mind me asking what is it you like about the rs? Keep thinking I should just get one although probably not the best time to get one with the new one out next year, ie prices may drop a bit.

Thehulkster699 16 October 2014 11:08 AM

New RS won't be out next year. Ford will be pushing the new Mustang over here in 2015. They can't have two Halo cars out at the same time, so I'm resigned to the next RS being released 2016. Doesn't bother me if its 5 doors or not. Purists only want 2 doors though.

If I could just have a crystal ball so I'd know a ball-park figure what a 24 month sti will be worth come mid 2016............

Might sell it at 1 year old. Wonder if any dealers would be interested even now?

terzoscooby 16 October 2014 12:40 PM

Hulkster get it remapped and release the beast with in. Just going to 320bhp with a decent mapper will transform the car. The standard car is really down on torque. I was very disappointed with a test drive compared to my MY11.

urban 17 October 2014 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by terzoscooby (Post 11540059)
Hulkster get it remapped and release the beast with in.

Hmmmmmm

Perhaps not great advice given the history of the 2.5's

f1_fan 17 October 2014 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11541104)
Hmmmmmm

Isn't that what he meant by 'release the beast within'? ;)

bioforger 17 October 2014 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11541104)
Hmmmmmm

Why? A proper remap from a reputable tuner is vastly better than the stock map produced by subaru on the poo.5's! As long as you don't go for silly numbers/boost it's a much better bet to get it done.

bioforger 17 October 2014 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11541117)
Isn't that what he meant by 'release the beast within'? ;)

Another constructive, (jump on any 2.5 thread at any opportunity) comment by F1Flange. Thanks for your input, it's been a while since you've done one, have you been on holiday? :rolleyes:

terzoscooby 17 October 2014 06:14 PM

All depends how you treat them. Mine is on 74k now at 320bhp. Always run on v-power and serviced regularly. Only heard of 2 MY11 2.5s going pop. One mapped to 340R and one mapped to 340+. Scoobyclinic are running a new MY15 at 370bhp/390ftlb and it's not gone pop yet but it's mapped by the best.

F1 CJE UK 17 October 2014 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11541138)
Another constructive, (jump on any 2.5 thread at any opportunity) comment by F1Flange. Thanks for your input, it's been a while since you've done one, have you been on holiday? :rolleyes:

Lol not been on here for a while, it's good to see things don't change

F1 CJE UK 17 October 2014 08:07 PM

All Scoobys are a little disappointing out of the box, it's the little tweak that make them a good car.

Thehulkster699 19 October 2014 09:44 AM

FFS. My petrol filler cover won't open now. Had a bit of a panic sat in the petrol station on the warning light 20 miles from home.
In the end I had to get someone in the station to pull the release lever in the driver footwell for me while I used the thin cardboard clock/parking disc to carefully slide into the gap and help prise it open at the same time.
Another job to do on the 31st for Derek Slacks along with the leaking rear-diff and vibrating passenger door-panel.

f1_fan 19 October 2014 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11541138)

The truth hurts does it not? :lol1:

Seahound007 19 October 2014 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Thehulkster699 (Post 11542380)
FFS. My petrol filler cover won't open now. Had a bit of a panic sat in the petrol station on the warning light 20 miles from home.
In the end I had to get someone in the station to pull the release lever in the driver footwell for me while I used the thin cardboard clock/parking disc to carefully slide into the gap and help prise it open at the same time.
Another job to do on the 31st for Derek Slacks along with the leaking rear-diff and vibrating passenger door-panel.

I got a 2010 STi. Couple of winters ago sat on a garage forecourt with the filler cover frozen shut.
Had to get a jug of hot water from the cashier (owning an STi I am well known there)to thaw out release mechanism.

Thehulkster699 19 October 2014 10:59 AM

It's not frozen shut - it's just not releasing open on its own without me shoving something into the gap to help it.

lordharding 19 October 2014 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Thehulkster699 (Post 11542421)
It's not frozen shut - it's just not releasing open on its own without me shoving something into the gap to help it.

Same as mine but .....""
On my classic wagon that's 14years old :D

Think you need to bond with the car take a few days Holliday by yourself as scheming passengers loose you 100bhp and gave it a real good blast up to the highlands or country roads and hammer it
All new cars take a while to loosen up