ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Vaping - Electronic Cigarettes (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1001179-vaping-electronic-cigarettes.html)

ossett2k2 11 November 2016 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11893894)
4 months? :eek: :D

:lol1:
Even I'm shocked!
My rebuilt ones were lasting about 3-4weeks
I had one premade one left so stuck that in around July and it's still going strong,flavour still nice and @70w it's doing me proud :D
Crown v1 will be hard to beat imo.

JackClark 11 November 2016 06:33 PM

That's nasty :)

ossett2k2 11 November 2016 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11893910)
That's nasty :)

:hjtwofing
I'm from yorkshire,like to get mi money's wuth :thumb:
Cotton looks clean,coil looks sweet and tastes as good as the day it wer born :)

Rob_Impreza99 15 November 2016 09:16 AM

If anyone is struggling to find pre-made juice at a decent price then take a look at

http://www.sleekitjuice.co.uk/

At £15 for 100ml you'll struggle to get close to that anywhere, their are plenty of reviews on youtube about their juices and different flavours. I've been using them for around 6mths and they are great value and the flavours are nice.

bioforger 15 November 2016 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99 (Post 11894887)
If anyone is struggling to find pre-made juice at a decent price then take a look at

http://www.sleekitjuice.co.uk/

At £15 for 100ml you'll struggle to get close to that anywhere, their are plenty of reviews on youtube about their juices and different flavours. I've been using them for around 6mths and they are great value and the flavours are nice.

I'd be careful with webshops like this, checking out their website and their facebook page, it looks like the "company" could be any tom,dick or harry running a production line out of their bedroom. There is no mention of how they produce their liquids, what they are putting in the flavourings etc etc. Its cheap for that reason.

Rob_Impreza99 15 November 2016 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11894922)
I'd be careful with webshops like this, checking out their website and their facebook page, it looks like the "company" could be any tom,dick or harry running a production line out of their bedroom. There is no mention of how they produce their liquids, what they are putting in the flavourings etc etc. Its cheap for that reason.

With any e-liquid you buy your putting your trust in them as to what they are saying is correct, ive tasted cheap e-liquids and the majority of them taste terrible and taste of chemical with very little flavour, some of them have been the more expensive brands that have tasted terrible as well.

Sleekitjuice get good reviews online, they get good ratings on youtube, the flavour and cloud they produce is excellent. I appreciate what you said and you are right, you don't know what your getting but that's the case with the majority of pre-bought e juice.

Isn't their a new law now where e juice manufacturers have to submit their flavoured juices for testing which i believe costs around £5k per flavour before they are allowed to sell it ?

bioforger 15 November 2016 08:07 PM

I don't know if that's law yet. The toffs in parliament are still discussing it i think. The only reason i brought this up, is because of those strawberryfields liquids. The guy running it had a proper high st shop and seemed more established than these sleekitjuice guys. Initially the juice was good, but it gave me some really bad after effects, then i started to see similar stories from others who had bought it. Now i'm cautious, well i only make my own now.

ossett2k2 15 November 2016 08:12 PM

This^^^
And is so easy to make your own,you can tailor it to your own taste,plus it doesn't get any cheaper this way :thumb:

ven 02 December 2016 02:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi there fellow vapists, hope all is well in the cloud world. Been kind of quiet my side, content with the usual platinum and crown still. Tried the H priv and a tad too large for easy daily vaping. Then noticed the SMOK Alien, tried one out and fits pretty well. Little chunkier than the platinum but feels compact compared to the H priv and x cube2. Bonus of 2 cell vape time(last most of the day).

Set up for now and been used for over a week solid(good for me!) Display is pretty cool with all the info you need(yes over 6000 puffs in a week! )
Attachment 28511
Attachment 28512
Attachment 28513

bioforger 02 December 2016 04:47 PM

Hello stranger ;) Yea i like these, i was thinking about getting the Alien kit but get the big baby beast TFV8 tank as well for it, as the baby beast tank is a bit small/only holds 3ml.

For anyone who needs nic, the goto place was go4smoke, they've closed down, so i'm getting mine from here now, seems to get decent reviews;

http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/72mg-vg-nicotine

ossett2k2 02 December 2016 05:28 PM

Orite ven hope you're well :thumb:
Like that mod,I'm thinking I'm ready for a new one so one to consider :wonder:
I was going to buy a new tank,not too keen on the RDA for the crown so was thinking Uwell D2 RTA as it had a nice velocity deck,then I remembered I have a V3 which I've not used for ages,back on that now,I do like that but am always looking to see what's new,the limitless RTA looks pretty cool and have swappable decks so might be on the shopping list.

ossett2k2 02 December 2016 05:34 PM

Decent price on the nic @ @bioforger needing some too so cheers for the link :)

ven 02 December 2016 05:50 PM

Cheers guys, yes go4smoke is a good shop, have used them many times and offer good value.

Alien after a week solid use , i can recommend if you need the vape time and without the big bulk that usually comes with dual cell mods. Display is superb, also you can charge via the USB on this one...........would recommend using a separate charger still. But its there for that time of convenience, if/when needed.

ossett2k2 02 December 2016 07:28 PM

Never found the need to use the USB port on the kbox but could see it coming in handy if no spare battery's and wanting to use it straight away.
I can imagine it would take ages to fully charge using USB tho,always good to have plenty of cells and a good charger.

bioforger 02 December 2016 07:31 PM

The kbox charges pretty quickly over USB, i've used it a few times when caught short at work. But yea always use an independent charger if you can, they are kinder to your batts.

bioforger 02 December 2016 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by ven (Post 11900122)
Cheers guys, yes go4smoke is a good shop, have used them many times and offer good value.

They've closed down mate.

ossett2k2 02 December 2016 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11900149)
The kbox charges pretty quickly over USB, i've used it a few times when caught short at work. But yea always use an independent charger if you can, they are kinder to your batts.

Mines the duel cell 200 so probably take a fair bit to fully charge,it's still a great mod so reluctant to buy another tbh,only fault is the paint starts coming off after a few month,I've stripped it all off now so have a Crome kbox :)

ven 04 December 2016 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11900151)
They've closed down mate.

Had no idea, been a while since used..........Guess so much competition out there, new shops popping up every week(well maybe daily).

Most of my vape stuff these days is vampire vape or even ebay for my VG.
Nic for the last couple of times from here

http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop...mg-vg-nicotine
I actually went without nicotine for a couple of months, did not need it or feel like it was missing if makes sense. Still maybe its just knowing there is none in, why i bought some more........dont know, a mental thing maybe. Use max 3mg , closer to 1.5mg and VG based still. I make a 75/25 mix, so add a little PG just to help the flavour over an 80/20mix(20%PG being the flavour base PG). Kind of helps wicking a little as well , with it not being quite as thick as 80% VG.

ossett2k2 04 December 2016 11:27 AM

Squonking anyone?
Is this the new way to enjoy vaping?

I've been building my own coils for a while now and always used organic jap cotton,I was looking into different wicking material and saw some good reviews on the rayon cotton aka cellucotton,found it hard to get hold of any in the UK but saw that creme de vape had some in stock@ £1 per metre,ordered 5 which should last ages,always love receiving vape mail from these guys,quality :)
Must say on 1st impressions the cotton wicks really well and nice clean vape,I can defiantly taste the difference to the organic cotton so big thumbs up from me :thumb:

Anyway,when looking at reviews I saw loads of vapists using the squonking mods and the look impressive,I'm thinking one of these will be next on my shopping list :)
If anyone is squonking can you recommend a setup?

http://www.ecigclick.co.uk/best-squonk-mods/

ven 04 December 2016 12:05 PM

Never tried squonking but know its popular with many. Tried drippers but just not convenient for me, so good old tank and mod for me . Cotton wise, still on my cotton bacon which has lasted for ever!

ossett2k2 04 December 2016 12:49 PM

I do like the way the dripper works,just wetting the wick when needed but I rarely use mine.
With the new squonking mods that bottom feed and the ability to carry upto a 10ml bottle make them more convenient so I'm tempted.

bioforger 04 December 2016 03:36 PM

Not interested really as i cant be arsed with building decks.

ossett2k2 04 December 2016 04:34 PM

Rebuildable is in a different class to premade coils imo but each to their own.

b road blaster 04 December 2016 04:37 PM

The wraith is a good entry level squonker mate (only used this shop as a example ) https://www.vapeshopbrighton.co.uk/c...w-squonker-kit

ossett2k2 04 December 2016 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by b road blaster (Post 11900541)
The wraith is a good entry level squonker mate (only used this shop as a example ) https://www.vapeshopbrighton.co.uk/c...w-squonker-kit

Nice one,looks ok,It would probably become my daily vape if I buy one so ideally I'd want a duel cell and maybe a little more than 5ml bottle.

bioforger 04 December 2016 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11900540)
Rebuildable is in a different class to premade coils imo but each to their own.

Yep that's a matter of opinion i've done it before, flavour is slightly better, mainly down to the better quality cotton you can use, that's about it imo. The only other pro if you can call it that is the denser clouds, but i don't see the point in that, if anything it's annoying to people around you, especially if they don't vape.

ossett2k2 04 December 2016 06:19 PM

Defiantly about the flavor for me,not arsed with cloud chucking.
As well as the good choice of wick it also easy pop a new wick into the coil to keep things even fresher,the coil itself can last for ages. But a new coil takes minutes to make anyway.
I did use a premade for a few month but as soon as I changed to the rba the difference was night and day,even better on the rayon cotton.

ossett2k2 05 December 2016 10:16 PM

Well after a nightshift vaping with the new cellucotton I can safely say the rest of it will be going in the bin! I wouldn't recommend this stuff after using it for a day,I started to get a really dry mouth,then started with a bit of a headache,so on doing some more research I found mixed reviews and most of them bad,lesson learnt,must make more effort when researching new products!
Anyway I'm back on the jap organic stuff and have put an order in for some cotton bacon as recommended by @ @ven :)

ven 06 December 2016 06:00 AM

Bummer , yes the cotton bacon is good stuff and for around £5(was around that not sure on prices now as lasted so long!). Not had to buy any since I bought the pouch . It was v2 so may be a later edition .
https://www.custom-vapes.co.uk/produ...y-wick-n-vape/

ossett2k2 06 December 2016 08:23 AM

Nice one ven,that's exactly what I've ordered,probably went ott and ordered 2 pouches lol
Sounds like I'll have enough to last me through 2017 :)
The fiver I wasted on the cellucotton isn't too bad when I think I used to smoke over a fivers worth of cigs a day,plus I'm sure ourlass will find some use for it :thumb: