ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Scooby's around the Leigh area? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/358053-scoobys-around-the-leigh-area.html)

R34_GT-t 14 January 2007 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisstone (Post 6547193)
Inductionkit is now fitted have people turning there heads as you go past them sounds sweet.

Glad it sounds nice. Some induction kits can sound ****e. :D

The one on mine, makes it sound like a dyson when the cars idling.

calorgaz 14 January 2007 11:42 PM

Heads up to the locals...

take care guys and girls.

Stephb1986 15 January 2007 04:12 PM

ok ive spotted a black one with yellow stickers all over it warrington road ashton about 3:50 this afternoon any of you lots sorry i didnt wave spotted you too late plus i was singing :D

Stephb1986 16 January 2007 11:44 PM

spotted a white sti next to leigh asda tonight youngish bloke with glasses???? about 6:25 anyone here???

s80wkr 19 January 2007 09:03 PM

Saw white classic at the mini roundabout at Holden Road near where the old bus station used to be

You looked a little bemused when you saw the car

I had just finished a run of 300 miles so wasn't too arsed about waving lol :luxhello:

Looked nice and clean in the dark anyway

Mine was dirty very dirty

jaytc2003 20 January 2007 10:17 AM

black classic with gold wheels in asda last night whilst I was on foot, thought someone had robbed mine, but then I realise mine sounds better :lol1:

calorgaz 20 January 2007 05:08 PM

Got mine back today (well it's been passed onto the insurance company), not too much damage. A lick of paint and a polish will sort it out :Whatever_

Pity I can't say the same of my wifes car which is a right off, we are just waiting to here what joke of a settlement fee they come up with :eek:

donnas roo 20 January 2007 10:46 PM

Nice to hear you are ok after your ordeal hope the wife gets another car sorted soon.
Hope your car comes back as good as mine did when mine whent walkies,
deep down they did me a favour. Hope you are as lucky

Did you find out where the scrotes came from?

Stephb1986 21 January 2007 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by calorgaz (Post 6569748)
Got mine back today (well it's been passed onto the insurance company), not too much damage. A lick of paint and a polish will sort it out :Whatever_

Pity I can't say the same of my wifes car which is a right off, we are just waiting to here what joke of a settlement fee they come up with :eek:

when i wrote my car off i got 1900 for it and i only paid 750 so i hope you have a winner like that!

seen a wrote off wrx at fleetwood late this afternoon properly mashed up hope the driver is ok as there was ambulances :)

jaytc2003 24 January 2007 09:58 AM

blue newage last night at top of princess ave and pulled out behind me. Gleaming it was, only noticed you at last minute so couldnt flash or wave (if its anyone of here)

Stephb1986 24 January 2007 09:24 PM

who as in ashton in makerfield at just gone 8pm tonight was a blue classic i think right in the town centre :)

calorgaz 24 January 2007 09:51 PM

Saw loads of you all today whilst I was out and about, can't remeber all of them and I didn't wave to any of you :hjtwofing Only because I was in a silver Merc and you have thought I was some kind of loon :cuckoo:

Donna, the cars were recovered from Salford area. Not sure if thats where they were from or just where they drop off the stolen cars.

Steph, Unfortunately my wifes car was brand new off the forecourt a few years back, low mileage and in great nick so we reckon we will be making a loss on it.

Take it easy out there

donnas roo 24 January 2007 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by calorgaz (Post 6586079)

Donna, the cars were recovered from Salford area. Not sure if thats where they were from or just where they drop off the stolen cars.

Take it easy out there

Glad to hear your back out and about even if not in your own car, the cops told me that was where mine was probably heading. Mine ended up in leigh.
Did they ever get the third scrote?
Still not got no more news on them who took mine i will keep you posted though as soon as i know anything.
Thats scarey really as my works is based in salford and i am always around that area.
Take care
Donna X

Stephb1986 26 January 2007 07:48 PM

spotted a silver wrx between 3:00 3:30 today in wigan near the hospital a lady driver :)

andy10 27 January 2007 12:19 AM

I'm back. Not missed any of you. Glad to read that i have been missed. Happy Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. Have you bought a turbo yet AndiT.

R34_GT-t 27 January 2007 06:52 PM

Welcome back Andy! :) :D

A note for everyone, watch out for a dark red Micra N-Reg. It's one of my mates cars which he's just bought, which has had a turbo conversion.

Standard bodywork with grey bumpers, FMIC, HKS Dump valve, intake and exhaust modifications... and goes like **** off a shovel for such a small car. :D Absolutely no weight in the shell at all.

Just took it for a spin today, and it is bloody lethal. Car's running the normal 1.3 engine with turbo conversion... and is making 150-160BHP at the flywheel. He's told me he's allready upset a few BMW and Audi TT owners in it allready. Can't really get over how nippy it is... as it is a real sleeper. ;) :D

calorgaz 27 January 2007 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by R34_GT-t (Post 6596518)
Just took it for a spin today, and it is bloody lethal. Car's running the normal 1.3 engine with turbo conversion... and is making 150-160BHP at the flywheel. He's told me he's allready upset a few BMW and Audi TT owners in it allready. Can't really get over how nippy it is... as it is a real sleeper. ;) :D

This I have got to see :D and as it happens I've got an old Micra st on the drive on a Cat D just begging to be messed with :norty:

Bet it's still crap on the twistys though :hjtwofing

cg

AndiThompson 28 January 2007 04:10 AM

Nice to see you back Andy, what've you been up to then?

And no, I'm fighting the temptation to get a turbo, I really can't afford it!

AndiThompson 30 January 2007 03:42 AM

Bright red classic on Manchester Road this afternoon, gave a friendly wave. Not one I've seen before I don't think..

s80wkr 31 January 2007 07:15 PM

White Classic Wagon, leaving Golborne every morning about 07.50

Navy Blue Classic Bickershaw Lane, most mornings about 7.40

Red Classic, Platt Bridge going towards Abram 17:00

:luxhello:

donnas roo 31 January 2007 09:36 PM

Gorgeous bright yellow kitted up import i think on Manchester rd West/hton, closely followed by mica blue bug eye, both waved at me i was in the Mica blue Sti reg-RO03 opposite side of road.

Stunning cars !!!

scottenty 01 February 2007 04:39 PM

Cheers mate that was me in the yellow type r yours looked very nice as well I also seen the blue one at last min didnt get chance to wave

Stephb1986 06 February 2007 09:04 PM

any of you lot on bolton road in ashton about 1:40 this afternoon??
and seen a burgandy one going past on wigan road golbourne tonight about 7ish any of you lot??

jaytc2003 09 February 2007 08:18 AM

blue stickered up classic last night in Atherton nr Gadbury fold. Was it Sonic (looked like his car)

AndiThompson 20 February 2007 01:22 AM

This thread was on page 6 :eek:

Seen loads, only one of note: DBM Sport on Princess Ave!

jaytc2003 20 February 2007 09:31 AM

see a blue newage parked just off bag lane not to far away from the BP garage

AndiThompson 24 February 2007 05:47 PM

Green Classic on the A580 East Lancs this afternoon, very very friendly passengers :D

51st state 27 February 2007 10:30 PM

abbey rd

which one of you guys has a blue classic off stour in astley:thumb:

Tuts bird 01 March 2007 04:33 PM

Lock those doors boys and girls

http://www.wigantoday.net/ViewArticl...9&SectionID=66

POLICE are hunting a serial carjacker who is bringing terror to Wigan's motorists.

In the last few days the thug has targeted four drivers in separate incidents at traffic lights in Pemberton and Ince.
The latest attacks occurred on Monday night on Billinge Road and come just days after two motorists were threatened by a man wielding a crowbar on Manchester Road, Ince.
In all four cases an armed man has attempted to force his way into cars after they have stopped at traffic lights.
The carjacker has been successful on two occasions - once in Ince on Saturday night and once on Monday in Pemberton.
On Monday a woman in a blue VW Golf TDI was stopped at red traffic near the Hare and Hounds pub at 9.30pm when a man armed with a baseball bat opened the driver's side car door.
The offender then forced the woman out of her car and drove off in the direction of the Highfield area.
Her car was later reported to have been in a road traffic collision with another vehicle on Westleigh Lane in Leigh at approximately 10.15pm. The driver of the stolen car got out and ran away from the scene.
This came just half an hour after a man had fled from the carjacker when he was stopped at the same lights.
He had noticed a dirty, white car that looked like a Ford Fiesta in his rear view mirror as it pulled into the side of the road.
A man got out of the passenger side of the car carrying a white baseball bat and walked towards the victim's car reaching out for the door handle.
Frightened that the man was going to be assaulted with the bat, he drove off through the red light to get away from the offender and contacted police.
Police are linking these with two similar incidents which occurred on Saturday night.
Shortly after midnight on Saturday morning a motorist was stopped at temporary traffic lights on Manchester Road, Ince, when a man in a hooded top opened the driver's door.
He threatened the man with a crowbar and ordered him to get out of his Renault Clio before fleeing in the vehicle.
The Renault Clio was recovered on Alpine Drive in Leigh. It contained a large quantity of musical equipment, which was later found badly damaged on Hulme Road in Leigh.
A short time earlier a second incident occurred where a woman who is an off-duty police officer, had been driving a silver Peugeot 206 along Manchester Road and also stopped at traffic lights.
The man approached her car with a crowbar and attempted to get in. On realising the car was locked, he then hit the car window with the crowbar.
Fortunately the traffic lights then changed and the woman drove away.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: "The offender is described as in his late teens or early 20s in each of the incidents.
"Witnesses have described him as wearing a hooded top and dark coloured clothing on Saturday February 24 and a balaclava with a stripey jumper on Monday February 26."
Officers are appealing to anyone who recognises this description, or who saw anyone acting suspiciously on Manchester Road, Alpine Road or Hulme Road in the early hours of Saturday morning or Billinge Road between 9pm and 10pm on Monday to contact Wigan CID on 0161 856 7255 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

calorgaz 01 March 2007 11:30 PM

Who's up for a good old fashioned lynching.

I say we set them up in a carjacking they will never forget. Pull up at the lights, wait for said thug and then the rest of us come out from nowhere and beat the living **** out of them!!!!

cg