ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Does it p1$$ you off when... (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/943390-does-it-p1-you-off-when.html)

scoobysteve1983 05 January 2013 09:12 PM

i never see any scoobs when im driving mine, yet when im in the mrs' car i see loads????

sssssteeeee 05 January 2013 10:07 PM

ah! funny one this, i seem to always get a wave from classic drivers and bugs and blobs, but oh no! noway! not the newer imprezas, forget it.they dont want to know at all, there way above me and my little 800 bhp impreza...... not really 320, im pleased that classics and some others wave, sometimes they give a wave and u just miss them lol, that feels bad then. keep on waving! makes the girl friend think u got lots of mates to.

Richy P1984 05 January 2013 11:12 PM

Talking of waving, I didn't although I flashed instead - thought it would be more obvious! Was in Hanwell / Ealing in case it was anyone here.

Arkynsei 06 January 2013 12:08 AM

The waving is one of my favourite things about having a Scooby, a strong reason I gave to myself when convincing me to get another one! Can't wait to get back behind the wheel and into the community again.

Waving ain't gay at all, it's fun :).

scooby800 14 January 2013 10:15 PM

ive noticed i get a lot less with the mahoosive fmic fitted:norty:

r6nick 15 January 2013 12:34 PM

Last time I flashed at someone I nearly got arrested :lol1:

VictoriaYorks 15 January 2013 12:35 PM

I got my first wave on Christmas Eve, made my day

LeeMac 15 January 2013 06:34 PM

Have to say I am one of these blankers but I did try and nod and smile at a scoob owner stopped in traffic the other day in Bude

I was going over a speed ramp at the time and have had a stroke so might have gone unoticed

Dale17 15 January 2013 06:49 PM

Iv had my scoob 2 months and had 5 waves already! I love it

craigginger 17 January 2013 01:47 AM

Got waved at on the way to work the other morning by a blue hawkeye on the mold denbigh but wasnt sure if it was a wave of acknowledgement or because i was going sideways towards them on the ice lol? Sorry if it was you!

darrenb87 17 January 2013 01:49 PM

I used to see imprezas all the time but now i have one i havent seen any when im out.

Always happens when i get a new car

lord shaun 83 17 January 2013 05:44 PM

i see one every morning going through hilderstone, its a blue classic, i do wave altho its a bit dark so prob cant see me:D

James Bond 007 09 February 2013 11:00 PM

As a new Scooby driver, I love the waves between fellow Scoobs! I've found that the new hatches don't seem to wave as much as the other generations though.

thenewgalaxy 09 February 2013 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by James Bond 007 (Post 10982675)
As a new Scooby driver, I love the waves between fellow Scoobs! I've found that the new hatches don't seem to wave as much as the other generations though.

I wave at any Impreza - and as they're quite a rare sight in general most Subarus!

knightonahorsie 09 February 2013 11:58 PM

I waved at a scooby the other evening and just got a funny look back, wonder if it would have been different if I wasn't driving the the other halfs astra.....

Fast63 10 February 2013 10:27 AM

Somebody flashed me on a59 yesterday but didnt have chance to see what or who it was
Or even return the flash :)

fergal69 10 February 2013 02:12 PM

This flashing/waving takes me back to my childhood. My parents always had Citroens & back in the 70's & 80's Citroen drivers always flashed/waived at each other. Back then Citroens weren't as popular, but as they became more popular in the 90's this habit died out.

When I had an X1/9 only one other X1/9 driver waived at me, everyone else ignored me.

Going back to Scoobys, I've had one person waive at me & I've apologise on the thread I started, that I didn't waive back when waived at as they waived at the last minute.

Is it because I have an MY08 RX and not a WRX with a noticable scoop on the front end that I'm ignored :confused:

If I'm flashed/waived at, & I have then enough time to recipricate, then I will. And likewise if spotted first I will flash/waive know I know it's done thing.

labpedro 10 February 2013 02:30 PM

I still see plenty around and never get a wave back :( (starting to think its just me)

DaveR1985 10 February 2013 07:24 PM

I pasd the same scooby most days going to work I always give the guy a flash of the lights and so far have never got a flash or wave back! :-(

XDevil666 12 February 2013 02:17 PM

I always wave a Newages - Tried a Classic the other day the - waved, flashed - the guy looked at me like i had lost the plot - so yeah that reminded me why i snub Classics and why i shall remain lol

Jazzy Jefferson 12 February 2013 03:03 PM

I've started to wave. Had 2 replies so far!!! and a fair few weird looks :D
Im in a classic.