ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   ESC to BTCC October 4th 2009 (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/756618-esc-to-btcc-october-4th-2009-a.html)

Milamber 02 October 2009 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 8975063)
I think there are sides but can't remember how many.

Remember a big hammer and spare tent pegs to keep it secured :thumb:

V4JDMSTi 02 October 2009 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 8975064)
Remember a big hammer and spare tent pegs to keep it secured :thumb:

:thumb: I'll tie it to a few bumpers ;)

NickBes 02 October 2009 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 8975071)
:thumb: I'll tie it to a few bumpers ;)

:Suspiciou:Suspiciou

:lol1:

V4JDMSTi 02 October 2009 02:10 PM

have to look for a couple of lardy newages to tie it to :D

Arkwright 02 October 2009 05:04 PM

Really looking forward to this now. ;)

Who`s it going to be then plato slim chance Gio what ever his name is or Turkington.? :)

NickBes 02 October 2009 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Arkwright (Post 8975517)

Who`s it going to be then plato slim chance Gio what ever his name is or Turkington.? :)

Plato all the way :luxhello::luxhello:

NickBes 02 October 2009 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 8975164)
have to look for a couple of lardy newages to tie it to :D

:lol::lol: Thats ok then :lol1:

yellowvanman 02 October 2009 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Arkwright (Post 8975517)

Don't know the points position, but would prefer it to be Plato, but suspect it will be Giovanni, he is just so good at 'easing' his way through the field. :D

Supercue 02 October 2009 07:21 PM

My heart says Plato but I think Turkington will edge out Gioicecreamarossivianni;)

Nurse Gladys 02 October 2009 08:11 PM

I personally would like to see Plato win - though currently in third and 28 points behind I guess it's a tall order! :)

Still as long as there's plenty of 'easing past' to be seen from our vantage point I'll be happy! :D

Arkwright 02 October 2009 09:41 PM

Turkington deserves a break, Plato has had the T shirt. But Gio:Whatever_ is a wiley campaigner.
I hope Turks get`s it but it won`t be easy. :thumb:

MadOli 03 October 2009 11:01 AM

:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: It's tomorrow! :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

GeorgeM 03 October 2009 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by MadOli (Post 8976745)
:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: It's tomorrow! :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

er, :wonder: no, it's still today. Won't be tomorrow until after midnight.

But then it will be today, so perhaps tomorrow will never come.........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:: sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: ;)

MadOli 03 October 2009 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by GeorgeM (Post 8976768)
er, :wonder: no, it's still today. Won't be tomorrow until after midnight.

But then it will be today, so perhaps tomorrow will never come.........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:: sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: ;)

:Whatever_ :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: :Suspiciou:Suspiciou

yellowvanman 03 October 2009 11:47 AM

looks like the weathers going to be kind for this. :thumb:

Had hoped to confirm my attendance, but i'm still struggling to walk, sit, stand, lie down, so will have to give it a miss, and just watch the gp, motogp and touring cars on the telly.

Arkwright 03 October 2009 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 8976819)
looks like the weathers going to be kind for this. :thumb:

Had hoped to confirm my attendance, but i'm still struggling to walk, sit, stand, lie down, so will have to give it a miss, and just watch the gp, motogp and touring cars on the telly.

What you been upto sounds like a back problem?
Thought you would of supported Turks is`nt he a BMW driver? :D
Check the team e-mail :norty:

yellowvanman 03 October 2009 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Arkwright (Post 8976840)
What you been upto sounds like a back problem?
Thought you would of supported Turks is`nt he a BMW driver? :D
Check the team e-mail :norty:

Yep, been laid up with a sciatic back problem all week. Slowly getting better now. :(

No email, in fact haven't had any 'team' email for some time?

MadOli 03 October 2009 02:25 PM

Just a quick reminder that any ESKC'ers can pay GeorgeM or me tomorrow :top:

Supercue 04 October 2009 03:28 AM

Not long now:top:

GeorgeM 04 October 2009 05:49 AM

I'm up :luxhello::luxhello:

GeorgeM

TomR555 04 October 2009 05:59 AM

have a great day u lot :thumb:
Will be looking for the pink shirts on the tv :D

:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:COME ON PLATO:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

yellowvanman 04 October 2009 06:07 PM

Watched the races on the telly, looked like a great day, wish I could have made it.

There were hundreds of pink caps in the crowd, surely not all ESC?

MadOli 04 October 2009 08:22 PM

Got home 20 mins ago thanks to Andy's driving and knowledge of the back way out of Brands :norty: (oh, and a little help from TomTom :thumb:) Callie & Dave only got to Thurrock services at 7.45 :eek::eek::eek:

We had a brilliant day and the food was yummy as always, thanks Matt :top:
Looking forward to next years already, hmm I wonder if they've decided on the Brands dates yet :wonder::norty:

Just got to go through loads of piccys now to filter out the rubbish ones. Thanks everyone for putting up with the car shuffling, hopefully it'll be worth it :top:

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 8978994)
There were hundreds of pink caps in the crowd, surely not all ESC?

But not all of them had caps and piccys signed by Plato :norty::luxhello:

Arkwright 05 October 2009 08:17 AM

What a great day this was. Atmosphere was electric especially for the last race. Plato won three in a row. But Turks done enough to win the championship. :notworthy
Another hero of the day was Matt keeping us all fed & watered all day :notworthy
Good job the first leg of the journey home was downhill ay Matt ;)
And we are all hoping everything is OK for Kevb and the Missus. :thumb:

KevB 05 October 2009 08:52 AM

Cheers guys for a great day, Food and tea was great thanks for organising, much better than paying the same amount for just one cheese burger and tea, shame we missed the Keeeeebabs.

We got back to mine to see the Paramedic just driving off, got in and there was no one in, then found out from next door that Lisa had gone to hospital in the Ambulance, so me and mick rushed over to A&E but no one knew about her, then we found she had been taken to the central delivery suite, found her there on all monitors just waiting for a doctor, after about 30mins she was told to go home and rest..... so no baby yet, but she still in lots of pains, said its probaly just the baby packing its bag getting ready to leave mummys tummy to join the real world.

Thanks guys for wishing us all the best when we left and for Mick and JOOOOOOO for being there for us in time of need, nice to have good friends looking out for us. :luxhello:

NickBes 05 October 2009 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8979924)
Cheers guys for a great day, Food and tea was great thanks for organising, much better than paying the same amount for just one cheese burger and tea, shame we missed the Keeeeebabs.

We got back to mine to see the Paramedic just driving off, got in and there was no one in, then found out from next door that Lisa had gone to hospital in the Ambulance, so me and mick rushed over to A&E but no one knew about her, then we found she had been taken to the central delivery suite, found her there on all monitors just waiting for a doctor, after about 30mins she was told to go home and rest..... so no baby yet, but she still in lots of pains, said its probaly just the baby packing its bag getting ready to leave mummys tummy to join the real world.

Thanks guys for wishing us all the best when we left and for Mick and JOOOOOOO for being there for us in time of need, nice to have good friends looking out for us. :luxhello:

Im Glad she is ok mate :thumb:

NickBes 05 October 2009 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Arkwright (Post 8979890)
What a great day this was. Atmosphere was electric especially for the last race. Plato won three in a row. But Turks done enough to win the championship. :notworthy
Another hero of the day was Matt keeping us all fed & watered all day :notworthy

Agreed :luxhello: it was a really great day, great weather and great racing :thumb:

Originally Posted by Arkwright (Post 8979890)
Good job the first leg of the journey home was downhill ay Matt ;)

:lol::lol: FPMSL, thought he was taking the pi55 at first as he had already told me the story about YVM and his van not starting!!!

Arkwright 05 October 2009 09:58 AM

PMSL "Baby packing it`s bag" So glad everything`s OK :thumb:

V4JDMSTi 05 October 2009 11:04 AM

Glad they're both ok. :thumb:

V4JDMSTi 05 October 2009 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by NickBes (Post 8979934)
Agreed :luxhello: it was a really great day, great weather and great racing :thumb:

:lol::lol: FPMSL, thought he was taking the pi55 at first as he had already told me the story about YVM and his van not starting!!!

Nope. Not to self: turn the interior light in the van off when using the back of the van to house the kettle with the doors open all day. Never knew you could bump start a diesel. Cheers for the help guys. :notworthy

What a cracking day though. Gutted the Plato didn't get the title after winning all three races in one day. What a drive. :notworthy