ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   ESC Golf Society (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/731253-esc-golf-society.html)

yellowvanman 27 January 2009 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by tiny01 (Post 8458131)
LOL !!

It's your fault !! :p

Apparently everything is my fault :Whatever_

Milamber 27 January 2009 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 8458843)
Apparently everything is my fault :Whatever_

or mine but I think Mike shares some of the blame :D

ScoobyMaz 27 January 2009 07:55 AM

I will see what I can do for the 28th.

Tiny 27 January 2009 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyMaz (Post 8458885)

:thumb:

Dont forget the Balls ;)

Tiny 28 January 2009 07:12 PM

New balls please

Just had a lovely brand new dozen Titleist Pro V1's delivered , stop you lot taking the pee out of my lovely Pinnacles :luvlove:

Just hope @ £31.99 a dozen :eek: I get on with them :D

Want to get out & play again soon :luxhello: :luxhello:

fitzscoob 28 January 2009 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by tiny01 (Post 8463324)
Just had a lovely brand new dozen Titleist Pro V1's delivered , stop you lot taking the pee out of my lovely Pinnacles :luvlove:

I do hope you didnt buy yellow ones.....

Another ball worth trying depending on how you get on with the pro v's is the callaway hx tours. Same ball Craig was using, and my personal fav at the mo too.

Apart from the feel off the clubface you will get a better idea of how a better ball works in the summer time when you are hitting them "high and hard".

Just dont hit many of them thin, as it hurts to look down on a ball that costs nearly £3 each and seeing a big smile back at you...

ScoobyMaz 29 January 2009 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by tiny01 (Post 8463324)

I don't play with anything else, great for around the greens! That is a good price too for 12, normally £15 a sleeve, thats £5 a ball! Once lost 3 balls in 4 holes, felt like crying! You don't feel like that when you lose a Pinnacle!

Tiny 29 January 2009 07:32 PM

Cheers guys ..

Yes i see all you big hitters playing with these , So thought " Every little will help " ;)

Do love the "CLONK" Of the pinnacle of the club face though :lol1:

Just wish i had more time to play :brickwall Seriously looking @ joining another club & playing competition golf regularly again , Some great deals on membership @ local courses @ the mo :D

Maz. They were from Direct Golf mate :thumb:

fitzscoob 29 January 2009 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by tiny01 (Post 8466006)
Cheers guys ..

Yes i see all you big hitters playing with these , So thought " Every little will help " ;)

Do love the "CLONK" Of the pinnacle of the club face though :lol1:

Just wish i had more time to play :brickwall Seriously looking @ joining another club & playing competition golf regularly again , Some great deals on membership @ local courses @ the mo :D

Maz. They were from Direct Golf mate :thumb:

£10:95 at our club for a sleeve of 3, I wouldnt pay £15 for 3...

Another good place to get balls is on ebay, use a trusted seller and look for pearl quality - well worth the money.

Callaway iX Tour, Titleist Pro V1 and V1X, taylormade TP red and black - all worth trying, but to be honest - if you shut your eyes you wouldnt realise what ball you were hitting.

Need to get yourself into a really decent club with a good social side mate, shame your not a little closer this way.

Tiny 29 January 2009 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by fitzscoob (Post 8466227)

Need to get yourself into a really decent club with a good social side mate, shame your not a little closer this way.

Yep realise that mate , If the Herts was 30 mins nearer i would of been a member 2/3 years ago , But it's just to far to be my local course , lovely place & the members make it special .

Crown golf offer a nice appealing package but then again there most local course to me is still 45 mins drive away :brickwall

fitzscoob 29 January 2009 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by tiny01 (Post 8466253)
Yep realise that mate , If the Herts was 30 mins nearer i would of been a member 2/3 years ago , But it's just to far to be my local course , lovely place & the members make it special .

Crown golf offer a nice appealing package but then again there most local course to me is still 45 mins drive away :brickwall

Get yourself a fast car mate

yellowvanman 29 January 2009 11:40 PM

This is nice and local, though some of the members are a bit dodgy. :lol1:

Lords Golf & Country Club

Seriously, from where you are I would seriously consider the Burnham course. Was really nice when we all went there a year or so a go, plus seemed to be the friendliest club I have visited.

Knock off at midday tomoz and give me a call :thumb:

Tiny 08 February 2009 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyMaz (Post 8458885)

:Suspiciou :Suspiciou

yellowvanman 08 February 2009 08:30 PM

13 h/c in Le Touquet then :D :p

Tiny 08 February 2009 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 8493758)
13 h/c in Le Touquet then :D :p

:nono: Hopefully Maz will get something sorted for the date mentioned above , Time to get a couple back :norty: ;)

pinseeker 08 February 2009 09:13 PM

Back the other way usually means minus so 11 handicap on the cards :lol1:
You know were playing for money if you get that low ;) :D

Tiny 09 February 2009 05:59 AM

Couple of rounds @ The Belfry this weekend should see me struggle :D

yellowvanman 09 February 2009 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by tiny01 (Post 8494817)
Couple of rounds @ The Belfry this weekend should see me struggle :D

Just a thought, but do you need h/c certs, and even a min h/c to play at the Belfry?

Phil 09 February 2009 07:22 AM

You used to!

V4JDMSTi 09 February 2009 11:05 AM

Think there was an offer that tiny posted up a while back. if it's that it may be that they're letting the h/c go for a while.

Tiny 09 February 2009 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by yellowvanman (Post 8494827)
Just a thought, but do you need h/c certs, and even a min h/c to play at the Belfry?

That's all sorted ;) :p

Though the way its looking we may not be playing anyway :brickwall Just of the phone to the Belfry all 3 courses are still closed :cry: :cry:

Though the forecast is starting to look a little brighter from Wednesday onwards :luxhello:

At least I'll look the part if nothing else in my Stromburg Le touquet special edition trousers :D :lol1:

Tiny 20 February 2009 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyMaz (Post 8413222)
I will sort one out for late feb if you fancy a warm-up before Le Touquet!

Well after a couple of cracking rounds @ The Belfry :D I'm itching to get out playing again , Sure i not missed anything planned for next Saturday :Suspiciou :wonder: Or is there ?

Anyone fancy getting out for a few holes , Just need a little freshner ready for Le Touquet ;)

yellowvanman 20 February 2009 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by tiny01 (Post 8525055)
Well after a couple of cracking rounds @ The Belfry :D I'm itching to get out playing again , Sure i not missed anything planned for next Saturday :Suspiciou :wonder: Or is there ?

Anyone fancy getting out for a few holes , Just need a little freshner ready for Le Touquet ;)

If not working I would be up for next Sat, haven't played since st. cleres.

V4JDMSTi 20 February 2009 07:51 PM

as per text i'm up for a round next saturday. :thumb:

Tiny 20 February 2009 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by mneame (Post 8525248)
as per text i'm up for a round next saturday. :thumb:

Yes Matt as texts let me know how you get on tommorow , YVM looking @ a t time on the kings course @ 3 R's next Sat