ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Interest Rate Cut? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/729376-interest-rate-cut.html)

EddScott 05 December 2008 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang (Post 8325216)
I am with Birmingham Midshires and even though I phoned to check that they had recieved my paper work to transfer to a 1.54% above base tracker they seem now to have no record of my transfer and put me on svr. Does anyone know of there is a legal comeback for this ?

You need date and time and who you spoke to at BM. Whenever you speak to these types of companies get the persons name before anything else. That way you have a target if they've given you duff information or if the conversation turns sour and they hang up.

If you have that they can check the conversation. If you haven't then they will just say they can't do anything.

Even with that information I've had companies tell me they can't find a record of the conversation.

LG John 05 December 2008 02:15 PM

So to clarify...despite being on a Standard Variable Rate I've somehow been shafted with the worst deal on scoobynet! :( IIRC the only saving grace is that when we got the mortgage there was little in the way of fee's, etc.

JPF 05 December 2008 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 8324631)
If that happened people would be in even more problems than they are now. The Government would again have to step in to save us.

I'm no expert as I'm shore most on here aren't(though some opinions seem to be taken as so, not meaning the one I have quoted by the way :)) from listening to the experts around the world that are dealing with this, the worst will be over by mid to late 09 at best and 2011 at worse.
So how many years are you talking about with the above? because even in crazy times an interest rise from 4 to 12 is one heck of a hike, if the bank of England did rate rises like that the country would have gone under years ago, if people are worried about it they should just rent maybe? lots of people rent u don't haveto own your own house.

Things are **** and the government may be to blame for some, but this is a global issue, those that are slating the government for doing things others around the world are agreeing with should maybe give some alternatives? When its over is the time to judge the government not during. Personally if I had a real choice I'd probably not vote for the government in the next election. I certainly wont be voting Conservative, instead of helping things they are busy sitting back taking political jibes at the government, again at a later date that would be fine but at the moment we should all be fighting this together. So easy to make jibes and complain, I still remember when the Tories were in, the country was going tits up and that was without the problems of the world today.

Don't forget strong and week currency have advantages as well as disadvantages, things balance out in the end, if they didn't then our country wouldn't be as wealthy as it has been.

People also need to start taking responsibility for themselves more in the UK, I have a mortgage and a loan, I chose to take them out no one forced me too and I always set myself a limit, I got a loan for my car and a plasma, but I got the best loan I could get and spent the least I could get away with, it would have been so easy for me to have got a newer scoob (as I wanted) and a better more expensive TV, the bank was throwing money at me, but I looked at what I could really afford. There are a lot of people in the sht at the moment and its not there fault, but there are also a lot of people that only have them selves to blame, spend more than u make and eneveratably it will come back and bit u you in the arse.

Oops went on a bit sorry...oh and all IMHO :) Good luck to all lets hope this time next year things will be a wee bit better.

TelBoy 05 December 2008 02:25 PM

Shore?? Come on.

cookstar 05 December 2008 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 8325341)
Shore?? Come on.

That was a bit of a week response.

lozgti 05 December 2008 03:15 PM

It's the posh way of saying it

dpb 05 December 2008 03:31 PM

shore up ?

njkmrs 05 December 2008 06:36 PM

Enerverabubly well have too .