ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Flipped my type r (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/635606-flipped-my-type-r.html)

Going 4 400bhp 20 September 2007 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by mac12 (Post 7268851)
i have done daft things but i have never drove without insurance now how can i make that clearer so you can understand.

what are you on fella STRANGE PERSON :freak3:

It's like realing in a big one down the lake!

Take a joke mate:lol1:

L.J.F 20 September 2007 11:49 PM

just to let you know, there is a chance you may be banned. Judges frown upon this know as it is a major problem.

riiidaa 20 September 2007 11:54 PM

ouch

you should be able to get a 1.1 fiesta for the scrap value.

Lesson learnt...

COLZO 21 September 2007 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by jonathan100 (Post 7266393)

You said you where not going to fast round the roundabout! To be honest mate if you were going fast enough to flip the car on it's roof after hitting the curb you were going to fast either 1 for the road conditions or 2your driving skills.

Looking at the pics and having no insurance you don`t seem like a driver I want to share the public roads with.

paulwrxboro 21 September 2007 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by SteveScooby (Post 7269048)
Except for the sentence for perverting the course of justice eh :Whatever_

if he gets charged with that mate il pay the fine meself

G.Mac 21 September 2007 03:04 AM

PS your reg no looks nothing like scooby, it looks more like Jobby which I and many others think you are, yes a right **** head, I hope you have to use public transport for a long long time

Before any of you other weirdos say anything against me for being so un-sympathetic I had a friend hit by an uninsured driver and it put him into SEVERE financial difficulty as he lost 4K due to his car being written off, granted he didn't have fully comp but at least he was consensus enough to have 3PFT

God this has made me so angry I'm glad your car is dead and I hope you go to court and have the book thrown at you

LESSON
NO INSURANCE NO DRIVE

Ninnybobs 21 September 2007 08:36 AM

and hear is what it used to look like

subaru impreza sti type r v5 - eBay Subaru, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 16-Sep-07 19:03:35 BST)

Borat_Drives_A_Scooby 21 September 2007 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mainmatt (Post 7269487)
look, i know i would get a lot of stick from this thread, and it was one day i had no insurance

It only takes one day to knock down an innocent person and possibly kill them or crash into a family car that could be full of kids, i have no sympathy for uninsured drivers at all whether they are uninsured for one day or 12 months as its the same thing.

Mainmatt 21 September 2007 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Borat_Drives_A_Scooby (Post 7269497)
It only takes one day to knock down an innocent person and possibly kill them or crash into a family car that could be full of kids, i have no sympathy for uninsured drivers at all whether they are uninsured for one day or 12 months as its the same thing.

yes i understand that, but did you not read the bit where i said i thought i was covered 3rd party? everyone i have spoken to thought i woudl be covered 3rd party so im sure a lot of people woudl have driven the car uninsured thinking they were covered

Borat_Drives_A_Scooby 21 September 2007 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mainmatt (Post 7269552)
yes i understand that, but did you not read the bit where i said i thought i was covered 3rd party?

I am not being funny here but a quick call to your insurance company would tell you if you were covered or not for 3rd party, i have not read the entire thread as its too long. If your buying a new car and intending to drive it home then the first thing you do is to make sure that your insurance is in place, i have had a car trailored back in the past rather than drive it back just 3rd party.

You had none which is unforgiveable, i don`t want to rub it in while your feeling bad enough as it is but those are the facts.

mightyyid 21 September 2007 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnybobs (Post 7269440)

Blimey - is that the car? No wonder you crashed - were you looking at the blue surrounds around the dials, the rather over-sized gauages on the dash, the various other bits of kit on the centre consiole, the strange way the black and gold do not seem to mix, or just how much relfection there was from the paintwork in passing cars...?

No insurance - muppet.

New car - very expensive insurance if you do not get a ban...

Mainmatt 21 September 2007 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by mightyyid (Post 7269595)
Blimey - is that the car? No wonder you crashed - were you looking at the blue surrounds around the dials, the rather over-sized gauages on the dash, the various other bits of kit on the centre consiole, the strange way the black and gold do not seem to mix, or just how much relfection there was from the paintwork in passing cars...?

No insurance - muppet.

New car - very expensive insurance if you do not get a ban...

oversized gauges - there defi gauges mate one of the best you can buy!
other bits on the console you must mean the power pc commander a useful device which you obviously dont know what it does.
Black where is the black on the car?? personally i think the gold looks quite nice with the carbon fibre bonnet, the car does look a lot nicer in the flesh as when i saw the pics i wasnt to keen but loved it when i saw it.

lunar tick 21 September 2007 10:15 AM

I've read right through this thread and while driving without insurance (even if unintentional) is a complete non-no, I think comments along the lines of those from G.Mac are uncalled for.

Mainmatt made a big error, broke the law and has paid the price - thankfully nobody else has. He's remorseful and more importantly he seems to have learnt his lesson and I'm sure he'll never repeat his mistake.

Who on this forum can honestly say that they've not trangressed the speed limit? - nobody I suspect. And who on this forum still reguarly and knowingly breaks the law by trangressing the speed limit? 99.5% of us I bet.

Let he without sin cast the first stone etc etc...

New_scooby_04 21 September 2007 11:07 AM

There are two lessons to be learned from this thread:

1) In a scooby, you're often going faster than you think

2) Never drive uninsured, for ANY length of time!!

DevilHimSelf 21 September 2007 11:13 AM

Sorry to here about this incident, glad no one hurt, i read the full thread, and

to be honest theres way to many Keyboard warriors on here.

Matt, you have learned your lesson and have lost a great looking car.

But the abuse you got from other snetters is unwarranted.

Hope all goes well for you.

NAF 21 September 2007 11:16 AM

Right I think all that can be said on this has been said ...