ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   bit of a situation at work. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/558678-bit-of-a-situation-at-work.html)

chocolate_o_brian 07 December 2006 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by agent003
Naaa... We get along like a house on fire:D (:D not the glass one:D )

:lol1: thanx for the advice anyways. keeping clam and listening to all points of view is the best way forward i suppose. listen to what they are throwing at me and then hit them back with my side. sounds like a plan.

andy

Nido 07 December 2006 06:46 PM

As an aside you really shouldn't be short of other work over the Christmas period - Jan / Feb fair enough, but over Christmas there will be agency work all over the shop. All the parcel delivery companies will need extra staff, the post office, bars / restaurants etc. The later may involve working all over Christmas, but then there is loads of 1.5 and double time to be had :thumb:

You will earn more with a (decent) agency over this time than you think. Find an agency that has "creative" timekeeping and you'll be able to work 13 / 14 hours a day no problem, everything over 8 hours being overtime rate :D

You can earn double what the full time staff will be on, that can then help tide you through the potential "job hunt" over January.

Good luck with it all :)

chocolate_o_brian 07 December 2006 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nido
As an aside you really shouldn't be short of other work over the Christmas period - Jan / Feb fair enough, but over Christmas there will be agency work all over the shop. All the parcel delivery companies will need extra staff, the post office, bars / restaurants etc. The later may involve working all over Christmas, but then there is loads of 1.5 and double time to be had :thumb:

You will earn more with a (decent) agency over this time than you think. Find an agency that has "creative" timekeeping and you'll be able to work 13 / 14 hours a day no problem, everything over 8 hours being overtime rate :D

You can earn double what the full time staff will be on, that can then help tide you through the potential "job hunt" over January.

Good luck with it all :)

thats what im thinking. if they do dismiss me i have a full licence and can commute anywhere reasonbly. agency is a good bet, until anything more long term is accessible. its just knowing i have a permanent job that makes me want to stay where i am, trouble free hopefully. i have too many commitments to be changing jobs on a regular basis. its all ifs and buts at the time being, many things could change between now and monday night.

andy

Nido 07 December 2006 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
its just knowing i have a permanent job that makes me want to stay where i am, trouble free hopefully.

Sorry to put this bluntly, but to want to stay where you are now is just bloody stupid.

I understand the bills to pay etc, but life is too short to spend half of your waking day in a job you don't like, let alone working in an atmosphere like this. What's the point in staying? You have already said you have been passed over for any sorts of promotion, you are going to have to get out of there sometime. There is never a good time to change jobs as there will always be bills to pay.

Get out, get to an agency. If you as hard working and relaible as you say a few posts up then they will snap your arm off. If this doesn't result in being placed full time into one of your temp roles then you can still look around for another job whislt working, but with the addeed flexibiltiy of saying to them "can't work Thursday" if you have an interview - no messing about trying to sneak about behind your full time job.

scoobywrxuk300 08 December 2006 08:59 AM

thats what im thinking. if they do dismiss me i have a full licence and can commute anywhere reasonbly. agency is a good bet, until anything more long term is accessible. its just knowing i have a permanent job that makes me want to stay where i am, trouble free hopefully. i have too many commitments to be changing jobs on a regular basis. its all ifs and buts at the time being, many things could change between now and monday night.

andy

Hi Andy

Some good advice to you has been posted by snetters...:thumb:

I have been following your thread too, and i keep hoping one early houred morning, i'll read some good news has come your way... As the post above tho states, lifes too short fella, if you aren't back to work mate, i'd be looking now for another job... Its not a nice situation to be in whenever, but doing a job that your happy in, is priceless mate. You know the mess im in at the moment, well i went self-employed a year ago! Thank goodness i did, job wise id have been worked out of an employee job by now, but financially im starting to struggle now. Where are you fella? If your married, i think you need to sit down with your mrs, before this situation at work, affects your homelife...

Good luck buddy, i hope it gets better..!

mark

chocolate_o_brian 08 December 2006 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by scoobywrxuk300
Hi Andy

Some good advice to you has been posted by snetters...:thumb:

I have been following your thread too, and i keep hoping one early houred morning, i'll read some good news has come your way... As the post above tho states, lifes too short fella, if you aren't back to work mate, i'd be looking now for another job... Its not a nice situation to be in whenever, but doing a job that your happy in, is priceless mate. You know the mess im in at the moment, well i went self-employed a year ago! Thank goodness i did, job wise id have been worked out of an employee job by now, but financially im starting to struggle now. Where are you fella? If your married, i think you need to sit down with your mrs, before this situation at work, affects your homelife...

Good luck buddy, i hope it gets better..!

mark

nah im not married fella, me and my mrs live together in my house, hence the financial responsibilities. at my capability hearing last night (related to the amount of absence from work, not the accident itself) i recieved the first level of formal caution, in the form of a "written verbal caution". i can appeal this and will be doing on the grounds that i was absent from work due to the fact that i had an accident that wasnt my fault (or hasnt even been decided yet) so was kinda unavioable in a twisted way, ie if the compaminies duty of care wasnt broken by being neglegent towards me, i dont skid on spillage injuring myself and taking time off work!

as far as today goes, well ive just managed to get 2 hours kip on the sofa as i have a couple of things to do now. firstly i need to ring up work to gain copies of all evidence like pictures, witness statements and the like, which i think im legally entitled too. this was after being told last night i couldnt have them then, another deterrent tactic from my shift. then when this information is gathered, its off to the citizens advice bureau, or a solicitors for some more advice.

as i have only just joined gmb union, they cant represent me at any hearings at the moment so i have to rely on advice from sources such as a.c.a.s. and independant bodies. i have my witness sorted out for monday at 3pm, and as long as human resources give me access to all the said above information without trying any funny business then il have the weekend to digest everything and prepare my case...

ive heard varying stories and opinions from work, suprisingly most saying they think i will be fine, or recieve a writeen warning etc, which i can then appeal. but its much more than that now, its become personal, not so much professional. im not going to delve to far into that comment, but it seems every month my employer find someone to "pick" on, especially over the quieter winter months.

thats all for now, if i get any more news il keep my online diary that is scoobynet informed.

andy:mad:

chocolate_o_brian 08 December 2006 07:23 PM

:norty: :norty: :norty: not going to say anything intimidating to myself. i think im going to win this battle now, and be compensated.

andy

Fuzz 08 December 2006 08:24 PM

explain ???

chocolate_o_brian 08 December 2006 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Fuzz
explain ???

i had a meeting with a solicitor today and he explained a few things to me which will, erm, help me;)

Fuzz 08 December 2006 09:07 PM

:thumb:

Andy

bobsabuilder 08 December 2006 11:16 PM

i had a meeting with a solicitor today and he explained a few things to me which will, erm, help me;)

About bleeding time, you should have done this from the start!

Good luck

Bob

chocolate_o_brian 09 December 2006 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by bobsabuilder
About bleeding time, you should have done this from the start!

Good luck

Bob

well i was waiting for my employers to show their hand of cards, which they did, but in my hand of cards i had a hidden ace. if you get my drift. im prepared for a legal battle now anyway, even if it costs me as i would recouperate any expendature afterwards < god im talking like my solicitor :lol1:

put it this way after yesterday i realised totally what my employers were trying to do towards me, and that was make me heed the blame. as agent003 said a few comments back i need to be convinced i was not liable, and after being read through certain section of the workplace (health and safety) regulations act 1992, i found just what i needed in my case.

andy

scoobywrxuk300 09 December 2006 07:54 AM

Partial good news then Andy:) I hope you get the result you deserve:thumb:

Mark

Ps In my case scoobs got to go im affraid, as they seem to think, they are better than me, and they can talk to me like im a piece of s**t... So I took some legal advice, but scoobs gotta go to fund it all..

chocolate_o_brian 09 December 2006 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by scoobywrxuk300
Partial good news then Andy:) I hope you get the result you deserve:thumb:

Mark

Ps In my case scoobs got to go im affraid, as they seem to think, they are better than me, and they can talk to me like im a piece of s**t... So I took some legal advice, but scoobs gotta go to fund it all..

but when you get a payout, you will be able to get a nice new one. i believe im on a no win no fee situation. but i dont wanna go into details, no allowed too;)

andy

Nido 19 December 2006 07:17 PM

Andy,

Aside from the compo situation how is this going? Still at work???

chocolate_o_brian 19 December 2006 09:28 PM

aye. had a disciplinary on friday. before this occured, work tried to pay me off with my lost earnings. i refused, andf said i wanted compensation, no matter how long it goes on for. was in said disciplinary for 3 hours on friday making my points heard. adjurned at 5.30 as the warehouse op manager had 26 pages of brief notes to overlook before making a decision. was reconviened at 6pm yesterday. i recieved a written warning, as it was believed i was travelling to fast, and if travelling slower would have seen spillage and not crashed.

spoke to solicitor today and im pressing on with compensation claim, even if it take years... i dont care. its about making a point to work, making them fork out for my solicitors fees, rather then them trying to fob me off with a couple weeks wages.

andy