ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   GROUP BUY ON BLITZ NUR SPEC (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/125758-group-buy-on-blitz-nur-spec.html)

POC 12 September 2002 05:23 PM

looks like it qualifies, however they do pay have a small banner so bring on the BBS abuse, the world is their oyster!

ex-webby 12 September 2002 05:31 PM

Boxer

Agreed, it is indeed commercial advertising. But they post commercially so rarely that I haven't had a stream of complaints like I do with companies that constantly abuse the system.

Bare in mind that I only come down on companies if I get a lot of complaints. It's not ME picking people off. If things get missed, well I'm sorry, but I have a full time job to do as well.. as do all of the moderators.

POC

Well done. You've worked it all out. You should be very proud.

All the best

Simon

HKSubaru 12 September 2002 07:10 PM

:)

P1Fanatic 17 September 2002 12:10 PM

BTTT and Jamie - forgot to ask - does the Blitz need any special fitting requirents or does it just connect to the normal fitments. Does it make any difference my car is an MY00 Turbo as I dont think you asked me?

Simon.

HKSubaru 17 September 2002 12:13 PM

7 pages :eek:

Jamie Whitfield 17 September 2002 12:17 PM

Simon

No extra fittings on your car, only on MY01+.

Jamie

www.j-w-racing.com

P1Fanatic 17 September 2002 01:34 PM

Ok cheers.

P1Fanatic 23 September 2002 11:48 AM

Any closer to knowing the delivery date Jamie as my car is too quiet at the moment?

Simon.

Jamie Whitfield 23 September 2002 11:51 AM

First week of October all being well.

Jamie

www.j-w-racing.com

P1Fanatic 01 October 2002 10:53 AM

First week of October here we are. Are we still on track Jamester?

Simon.

Jamie Whitfield 01 October 2002 11:13 AM

I'll be chasing this up sometime today, as far as I am aware they will be sent out to me before the end of this week.

Jamie

www.j-w-racing.com

Markus 01 October 2002 06:52 PM

Ok, Nur Spec R is top dollar! Rather loud if you take the bung out, as most of the inhabitants of IOW will agree with :D Slightly more sedate with bung it. Must say I love my Nur Spec R.

Oh, and :eek: at the number of posts by Simon. Personally I think it's just Simon trying to get his post count up ;) :D

P1Fanatic 02 October 2002 11:31 AM

Nah Im just excited about getting my exhaust. If I wanted to boost my post count I would go and post whore in Muppet Show with 20 browser windows open :)

P1Fanatic 09 October 2002 12:08 PM

Has mine been sent out yet Jamie?

Jamie Whitfield 09 October 2002 12:15 PM

Just waiting to get them in from Logic, they arrived yesterday apparently.

NutterKam 09 October 2002 12:16 PM

Took my car out to terrorise the neighbourhood last night after driving a Ford Focus for 2 weeks - the noise, the noise.... :D

P1Fanatic 09 October 2002 01:51 PM

Does that mean it wont be here by the weekend? :( :( :(

Simon.

Jamie Whitfield 09 October 2002 01:56 PM

I should have them tomorrow in which case you will get them on Friday.

If you have anymore questions please email me on:

jamie@performanceexhausts.net.

Can we kill this thread now as people are still under the impression the group buy is still on!?? :D

P1Fanatic 09 October 2002 01:57 PM

Ok mate no probs :) Friday sounds good!

BoxerFlat4 09 December 2002 01:05 PM

He / any banner advertiser, is NOT allowed to post whatever the hell they like... [b]but they can of course post the odd thing here and there if it's relevant and not just blatant advertising / spam.
So, if I post a question about "how many people are interested in a group buy", thats blatant advertising, but if I get a fellow ScoobyNet member to ask the question on my behalf, thats OK ?

And while on the subject, I think this problem is going to re-occur with the imminent opening of ScoobyShop - I assume traders aren't allowed to mention "in passing" that they've got a special price going on in the shop, unless they've got banner advertising ???

Surely having a Trader section, where the actual trader is allowed to post, and not some "familiar" of theirs, would solve this problem ? Then, no commercial advertising of any sort sould be tolerated outside this section.

Seems ScoobyNet is becoming less a public forum, and more like a Impreza version of Ebay.Or maybe I'm just naive....

[Edited by BoxerFlat4 - 9/12/2002 1:06:18 PM]

BoxerFlat4 09 December 2002 01:28 PM

Jamie -

Gecko - In no way did I ask anyone to put the Group Buy thread up, some aproached me and asked if I would do the thing and he posted the initial thread, but you know this.
Yes Jamie, the comment was aimed at group buys at large, not your specific one. I should of made this clearer. But the practice has/does occur, and I suspect will continue.

Simon -

The shop should actually help reduce commercial posts.
I hope so - but fear the worse. And with no ground rules being specified to traders.... :(

..so vendors will be further restricted in what they can post on scoobynet
How ? How will I be further restricted from what I post ? Details Simon, I need details ! How will I know if I'm breaking these new rules, if I don't know what the rules are ! :D

Please people, don't take any of this too serious. I'm trying establish as a small trader where I stand.... and right now, I don't know.

Paul Houbart
Gecko Motorsport

[Edited by BoxerFlat4 - 9/12/2002 1:29:25 PM]

Adam M 09 December 2002 03:03 PM

simon,

you arent my best friend :p ;)

Just trying to lighten things up.

come on guys, its thursday, which means it almost friday!

edited because a :p requires a lower case p apparently :rolleyes:
some systems are so pedantic, I would never be like that!

[Edited by Adam M - 9/12/2002 3:04:44 PM]

Jamie Whitfield 09 December 2002 04:30 PM

Why don't we put this one to bed now?

Sorry if I ruffle any feather, it is unintentional.

Jamie

[Edited by Jamie Whitfield - 9/12/2002 4:38:26 PM]