ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Don't forget - My big fat gypsy wedding! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/868796-dont-forget-my-big-fat-gypsy-wedding.html)

J4CKO 09 February 2011 09:37 PM

How had he lost 5 kids, that is like the middle ages for infant mortality, I know one died aged 17/18 in a car crash but I agree, nobody should go through that, he did seem a decent sort of bloke in a way, didnt take a dislike to him and his wife seemed nice but I suspect they wouldnt piss on me if I were on fire not being a "traveller".

I agree that the Gypsies do tend to like more colourful or ostentatious things, again a lot of the Asian community do as well, not a criticism, just and observation, go to an Asian area and look at the shop fronts, always an assault on the retina's, the dont tend to do subtle, not saying I am right and they are wrong but there does seem to be a similarity and perhaps a "Magpie" gene, if you are white and middle class, even if you like gaudy sh1te it just gets beaten out of you.

Lisawrx 10 February 2011 12:46 AM

We watch this, but I'm not totally sure what the purpose of the programme is??:confused:

Is it to explian their way of life/show them in some better light? As the one show last night hinted at (what I caught of it)

Maybe it's just me, but I doubt the programme makes people 'like' them anymore than if they just remain in ignorance for the most part.

What puzzles me is a person at work said to me he respects them for their morals... Granted they seem to have 'family values' if by that we mean women being very much second class (what many people complain about some Muslims treating their women like), the 'getting together' process verging on(is) assault, whether accepted or not, the females from a very young age dressing like slappers and acting like it too, under some weird blanket of they won't 'do' anything until they are married. And so it goes on. It all just seems odd to me.

Then there is the money/working aspect. Where does it all come from? The bloke on the one show commented that nobody would question anyone else for having a 'fancy' wedding. Maybe not, but they have chosen to have these events covered, why not disclose the info instead of hiding it. I am low paid, but if I was to go mad on a wedding (allowing a documentary to be made about it), I'd happily tell how I paid for it, why not, unless something dodgy was going on. Plus if this programme is in anyway to explain their lifestyle and take away stereotypes, why again not disclose what they are doing. I mean if they are living so morally, and doing an honest days graft with the woman at home, why not put that message out?

I just find the whole show bizarre and really don't know what the point is. :wonder:

kingofturds 10 February 2011 01:14 AM

Where does the money come from? Well 6 million quids worth of lead was stolen from churches last year. Not that these good catholic folk would know anything about it.