ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Member's Gallery (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/)
-   -   Lets See your STI Spec D's (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/868184-lets-see-your-sti-spec-ds.html)

B4D HK 10 April 2011 11:07 AM

A friend of mine has just wrapped his spec d in matt black vinyl, ill get some pics.......

My cousin p.rite.sh is selling his :(

WarrenSTI 10 April 2011 11:12 AM

I've just been looking at the northern big one thread.
https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-e...-the-list.html

Not sure where we are all located but would anyone be interested in going. It'd be impressive to have a collection of spec d's all together! It's only an idea at this stage!
Ta Warren

WarrenSTI 13 April 2011 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by WarrenSTI (Post 9980368)
I've just been looking at the northern big one thread.
https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-e...-the-list.html

Not sure where we are all located but would anyone be interested in going. It'd be impressive to have a collection of spec d's all together! It's only an idea at this stage!
Ta Warren

Are any spec d's going to the NBO:thumb:

WarrenSTI 13 April 2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by B4D HK (Post 9980363)
A friend of mine has just wrapped his spec d in matt black vinyl, ill get some pics.......

My cousin p.rite.sh is selling his :(

Yeah get some pics up!:thumb:

SpecDscooby 13 April 2011 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by WarrenSTI (Post 9986302)
Are any spec d's going to the NBO:thumb:

Way too far from me mate....way down south:)

53 16 April 2011 08:29 PM

Snetterton 300 last week, awesome track, car was fantastic ! :D

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...GC/snetts1.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...GC/snetts2.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/BMGC/snet1.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/BMGC/snet2.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/BMGC/snet3.jpg

seraphSTI 22 April 2011 11:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 53WRX (Post 9991120)
Snetterton 300 last week, awesome track, car was fantastic ! :D

Looks like fun!

Some more pics of mine :)

Attachment 54883

Attachment 54884

Attachment 54885

53 23 April 2011 10:11 AM

^ Beautiful countryside to enjoy in your scoob :cool:

dpn 28 April 2011 12:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Alright guys, can't believe I've never noticed this thread! I got mine in September 2010. Completely standard apart from wheels sprayed Black. You might want to make that 301 Spec D's out there as mine was meant for Malta but first registered in the UK. Got a great price on it at the time. Took it to Prosport near me to have 30k major service (got a major bill to go with it!). To then find that I have compression issues. I was waiting about 2 months for the garage to quote me a price for a rebuild with forged pistons, uprated fuel pump, downpipe and all the other little bits I needed to put her right. Never even rang me back, everytime I chased him got some bulls**t excuse. What a TWOT. So in the end i've gone to Autotecnica in Buxton. He's still got her at the moment as he's had the heads skimmed, putting in drop in pistons, new head gaskets, and putting her back together again. Oh yeah and a Cobra exhaust as apparently the one I have on it now is choking all of my power away!!! I'll be putting a load of pics on here when I get her back. I think the best bit about picking her up is the journey back down the famous Cat & Fiddle road. Here's some pics of how she was before I realised she's a lemon :cry:

WarrenSTI 29 April 2011 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by dpn (Post 10010985)
Alright guys, can't believe I've never noticed this thread! I got mine in September 2010. Completely standard apart from wheels sprayed Black. You might want to make that 301 Spec D's out there as mine was meant for Malta but first registered in the UK. Got a great price on it at the time. Took it to Prosport near me to have 30k major service (got a major bill to go with it!). To then find that I have compression issues. I was waiting about 2 months for the garage to quote me a price for a rebuild with forged pistons, uprated fuel pump, downpipe and all the other little bits I needed to put her right. Never even rang me back, everytime I chased him got some bulls**t excuse. What a TWOT. So in the end i've gone to Autotecnica in Buxton. He's still got her at the moment as he's had the heads skimmed, putting in drop in pistons, new head gaskets, and putting her back together again. Oh yeah and a Cobra exhaust as apparently the one I have on it now is choking all of my power away!!! I'll be putting a load of pics on here when I get her back. I think the best bit about picking her up is the journey back down the famous Cat & Fiddle road. Here's some pics of how she was before I realised she's a lemon :cry:

I had similar situation with mine:brickwall at 36,000 miles just after I bought it last year

I had exactly the same repair done as you are having now, also by Adam in buxton, he did a fantastic job! I went for a tracktive solutions exhaust though and got it remapped by Andy Carr

The forged pistons are good but you'll have to get used to the rattle sound they make on start up.
Out of interest whats the mileage on yours and when you expecting it back?
Ta warren

dpn 29 April 2011 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by WarrenSTI (Post 10013535)
I had similar situation with mine:brickwall at 36,000 miles just after I bought it last year

I had exactly the same repair done as you are having now, also by Adam in buxton, he did a fantastic job! I went for a tracktive solutions exhaust though and got it remapped by Andy Carr

The forged pistons are good but you'll have to get used to the rattle sound they make on start up.
Out of interest whats the mileage on yours and when you expecting it back?
Ta warren

No way, mines done 36,000!!! I think andy may have mentioned you to me. I'm looking forward to getting it back some time next week. I'm hoping to get Andy to remap it but I havent spoke to him yet. I'll post some pics once I pick it up.

WarrenSTI 10 May 2011 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by dpn (Post 10013658)
No way, mines done 36,000!!! I think andy may have mentioned you to me. I'm looking forward to getting it back some time next week. I'm hoping to get Andy to remap it but I havent spoke to him yet. I'll post some pics once I pick it up.

Did you get the car back off Adam

dpn 11 May 2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by WarrenSTI (Post 10032289)

Not yet Warren, I spoke to him yesterday. We've just ordered the last of the parts I needed to put it all back together again (Race bearings and seals, uprated oil pump, etc.). To all come back with part of the engine that has been re-worked to remove the scoring from the bore. He's getting it all delivered to him on Thursday and then putting it all back together again. So when it's done it will have had a full engine rebuild. So I'm going to have to run it in for 500+ miles before I can get it re-mapped. Hopefully I can go and pick it up early next week as long as it all goes to plan. I'm off to Wembley at the weekend and ideally I wanted it back for then as I booked the car parking space under my numberplate, and would have been perfect for running the engine in. I don't think it'll be ready for Friday, but there's a chance. Not only that, I don't want to rush him as I'd rather he'd take his time and get it spot-on which I'm sure he will. He's just still in the process of sourcing me a full exhaust system as the one he'd found had a few dents in it and would have made the car look a bit shabby. I think he's getting a full pro-drive system with a sports cat so I can still stay "Discreet"!!! I'll keep you posted. :thumb:

dpn 11 May 2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by WarrenSTI (Post 10032289)

Are you happy with how yours runs now, I know you mentioned about me having to get use to the pistons on start up. Is there anything else that will be different from what I've been used to apart from the fact that the car will actually perform properly now! :)

EngineMapper @ Group B Motorsport 11 May 2011 11:40 AM

Another Spec D

Just to add to the list I recently picked up a Spec D for my dad and gave it the Engine Mapper treatment! Fitted a Prodrive exhaust, filter and pump and loaded it with flat foot shifting and launch. 340bhp and 370lb/ft really goes well, love the 6 speed dccd, love the leather. I'll have to get one at some point.

I've taken on his WRX for now to sell and given that a similar Engine Mapper treatment! Good car, but the Spec D is so much better!

Pic wise, well generic Spec D i'm afraid, no special external styling, so I wont post any.

Graham

colinm2 11 May 2011 04:43 PM

I have got mine up for sale now on pistonheads and ebay for £8750.00. Does this price sound right for a 2006 with 64000 Miles FSH 12 months MOT and 6 Months Tax?

53 11 May 2011 04:49 PM

stupidly cheap IMHO :)

colinm2 11 May 2011 04:59 PM

I have just changed it to £9000.00 but i am really after a quick sale so i am hoping the low price will help it sell quickly.

53 11 May 2011 05:20 PM

I would think so at that money ! :)

WarrenSTI 11 May 2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by colinm2 (Post 10034087)
I have just changed it to £9000.00 but i am really after a quick sale so i am hoping the low price will help it sell quickly.

I'm sure you'll sell it quick at that price

WarrenSTI 11 May 2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by dpn (Post 10033578)
Are you happy with how yours runs now, I know you mentioned about me having to get use to the pistons on start up. Is there anything else that will be different from what I've been used to apart from the fact that the car will actually perform properly now! :)

To be honest mine always ran very well even with the head gaskets on their way out. SMACs were holding a rolling road day over at Scoobyclinic last October they noticed that the fluid in the header tank was abit sludgy!
I still ran it on the RR though and got 329.5BHP
I had the coolant changed by Rick of Taylor Motors in Stockport and he said he said the gaskets had gone! I then took it up to Adam in Buxton, he did an emissions test at the local MOT centre and it was way over. So it was a case of leave it with him to get on with it. I also went the forged pistons route too and I managed to get a Tracktive Solutions 3" stainless exhaust with a sport cat for a reasonable price!
A few hundred miles after I had Andrew Carr remap it and it now runs really good, but like I say it ran good before too.
But the map has really opened up the engine and made it feel a lot more free revving and responsive. The mid range torque on it is unbelievable. It pulls in fifth gear very well, where a car on a stock map would have a load of lag.
It handles fantastic too with the coilovers

steviefastbikes 11 May 2011 09:33 PM

Hi everyone first post and first day
Of spec d ownership. It's a 06 with 28k on clock bought from main dealer this morning unbelievable can't stop smiling. Pics to follow

WarrenSTI 11 May 2011 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by steviefastbikes (Post 10034569)
Hi everyone first post and first day
Of spec d ownership. It's a 06 with 28k on clock bought from main dealer this morning unbelievable can't stop smiling. Pics to follow

Fantastic glad you are enjoying it! Looking forward to the pics:)

53 13 May 2011 12:04 PM

Crappy phone pic which turned out ok :)

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...specspace3.jpg

bonesetter 13 May 2011 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by colinm2 (Post 10034073)
I have got mine up for sale now on pistonheads and ebay for £8750.00. Does this price sound right for a 2006 with 64000 Miles FSH 12 months MOT and 6 Months Tax?

Got a link to your ad?

Myles 13 May 2011 12:42 PM

I was looking at one of these before I realised I had to go to Afghan. I may still get one when I get back, like the understated look!

colinm2 13 May 2011 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by bonesetter (Post 10037153)
Got a link to your ad?

Here you go matehttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-SUBARU-IM...item1e63598116

dpn 16 May 2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by WarrenSTI (Post 10034160)
To be honest mine always ran very well even with the head gaskets on their way out. SMACs were holding a rolling road day over at Scoobyclinic last October they noticed that the fluid in the header tank was abit sludgy!
I still ran it on the RR though and got 329.5BHP
I had the coolant changed by Rick of Taylor Motors in Stockport and he said he said the gaskets had gone! I then took it up to Adam in Buxton, he did an emissions test at the local MOT centre and it was way over. So it was a case of leave it with him to get on with it. I also went the forged pistons route too and I managed to get a Tracktive Solutions 3" stainless exhaust with a sport cat for a reasonable price!
A few hundred miles after I had Andrew Carr remap it and it now runs really good, but like I say it ran good before too.
But the map has really opened up the engine and made it feel a lot more free revving and responsive. The mid range torque on it is unbelievable. It pulls in
fifth gear very well, where a car on a stock map would have a load of lag.
It handles fantastic too with the coilovers

Just picked it up today. Feels great now. I've not gone near 4,000rpm yet after I've done 4-500 miles, I'm going to get Andy to map it. He showed me the piston and the ring had broken in a few places. I got a Prosport exhaust in the end with a sports cat and it sounds great and isn't too loud either. I'm well chuffed. I'll get some good pics up hopefully over the weekend. :thumb:

ukjesters 18 May 2011 04:35 PM

Does anybody know what colour springs the spec-d has as standard? Thought the Sti had red springs but mine look like they're grey/black.
Any ideas?
Regards
Rick

dpn 18 May 2011 04:43 PM

Mine are black too, it is an STi apart from a few things, more sound-proofing, less spoilers, more kit, less attention! Pretty sure the suspension set up is the same.