ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Found a wallet (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/805586-found-a-wallet.html)

J4CKO 18 December 2009 12:46 PM

Yep, well done Jods, you will enjoy that Champagne more than anything you could have bought for £700 as every time you used it or looked at it there would be some guilt associated.

I would give it back for purely selfish reasons myself, I like Karma, I like looking like a "nice guy" (actually a bit of a cnut.... :D) and I couldnt have lived with myself.

The country is full of people that would have taken it, either by finding it or off him at knifepoint, I am not one of those and I look down on them with contempt.

Leslie 18 December 2009 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 9106519)
Of course anyone can click a poll and say what you think you would do......but in reality half those would just pocket the cash.

Finders Keepers Les!

You have no evidence to accuse everyone of being as selfish as that.

Les

Spoon 18 December 2009 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 9106568)
Yep, well done Jods, you will enjoy that Champagne more than anything you could have bought for £700 as every time you used it or looked at it there would be some guilt associated.

Originally Posted by Hanley (Post 9104670)
The OP didn't say seven hundred he said 'several hundred'

Originally Posted by jods (Post 9104449)
It has several hundred pounds in it.

JTaylor 18 December 2009 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 9104608)
LOL @ this thread

Lets be honest, the vast majority of British people would keep it.

Without exception, every person I consider to be a friend would hand it in.

J4CKO 18 December 2009 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 9106587)

Ok, read my last post, sentiments remain the same but it is several hundred pounds, so that would be somewhere between £400 and £900 to qualify as several, £300 isnt really enough and anything over £900 would be "About a grand", in fact, no I maintain it was £700 so nerr :D

JTaylor 18 December 2009 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 9104857)
Well, I have managed to get thru to the owner on one of the numbers I found in the wallet. He hadn't got a clue that he had lost it!

I told him not to worry - It still has the money and all the cards in it, so no need to cancel (with all the ballache that causes) As he lives relatively nearby I am going to drop it off after picking the Mrs up this evening. He was, as you can imagine, extremely grateful! :)

Just so you are clear - It DID occur to me "Hmmm - Keep and Spend" for a split second, if I'm honest with you. That thought was immediately replaced with "What would I wish someone else would do if they found mine?"

I am more than happy to re-unite owner with his wallet and he has said he is going to buy me a bottle of Champagne to say "Thanks" - Uncommonly Decent of him - I WILL accept and will enjoy it with the family on Xmas Day and will recount the tale to the kids as a tale of morals and the rewards of honesty - As well as the priceless feeling of knowing you did the right thing!!

Goodwill to One and All :thumb:

Good work. :thumb:

Spoon 18 December 2009 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 9106602)
Ok, read my last post, sentiments remain the same but it is several hundred pounds, so that would be somewhere between £400 and £900 to qualify as several, £300 isnt really enough and anything over £900 would be "About a grand", in fact, no I maintain it was £700 so nerr :D

Sentiments are indeed the same and your logic calculator is similar to the ones given to Solicitors. :thumb:

Bubba po 18 December 2009 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 9106643)
Sentiments are indeed the same and your logic calculator is similar to the ones given to Solicitors. :thumb:

Jacko counts like Detritus the troll: "One-er... two-er.... many.....er... LOTS." :D

Spoon 18 December 2009 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 9106651)
Jacko counts like Detritus the troll: "One-er... two-er.... many.....er... LOTS." :D

:lol1: A bit harsh!! Though maybe that is the reason his first post was circa 28 hours after the OP's. :D

J4CKO, we need clarification. :D

Daryl 18 December 2009 02:31 PM

I found a purse a few years ago and handed it in at the local police station. There was no money in it and the moronic copper at the front desk practically accused me of theft. :mad:

scoobwrx94import 18 December 2009 07:03 PM

if u had found a wallet with just cash in it and no id i think u would of kept it lol just a guess but to be honest what would u prefer several hundred notes or a cheapo bottle of champane if it was my wallet and u found it i would of probably gave u a few notes for being honest and not keeping it the guy seems like a ungrateful sh*tebag

davyboy 18 December 2009 07:06 PM

^

Fkuc me that's hard to read!

I got stuck on the "id" bit for a while. I thought you mean "I'd" as in I would. Not ID as in identification!

scoobwrx94import 18 December 2009 07:07 PM

by the way lads and lassies merry xmas is totally pouring down with snow near me bit random lol

scoobwrx94import 18 December 2009 07:09 PM

soz i meant indentification davyboy

r32 19 December 2009 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 9104454)
Smack the bitch for getting your car seats dirty

Priceless.............................

Leslie 19 December 2009 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by scoobwrx94import (Post 9107251)
if u had found a wallet with just cash in it and no id i think u would of kept it lol just a guess but to be honest what would u prefer several hundred notes or a cheapo bottle of champane if it was my wallet and u found it i would of probably gave u a few notes for being honest and not keeping it the guy seems like a ungrateful sh*tebag

When it comes down to it, the man who returns the wallet intact is doing exactly as he should do, both morally and according to the law of the land.

It is not the law that he should get a reward unless one has been offered.

Once again, it devolves on the owner of the wallet to show real appreciation of the honesty which was displayed. I agree that it should be a decent reward in such a case.

The size of the reward that you think you might get does not give you an excuse to steal the money however! The prime requirement is honesty in the first place.

Les