ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Ghosts of BBS past - where are they now????? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/69131-ghosts-of-bbs-past-where-are-they-now.html)

EvilBevel 06 February 2002 10:39 PM

Neil,

This goes beyond stupid banter. Please ask SDB for IP numbers, so the git will shut up. Trust me, there's a fine line between annoying & sick, and this just crossed it IMHO.

Theo

carl 06 February 2002 10:45 PM

As he has stated before, SdB will not be able to give out IP addxs as he has to comply with the Data Protection Act. Should anyone wish to commence a criminal prosecution, he will be able to provide IP addxs to the police.

HTH.

firefox 06 February 2002 11:07 PM

People...

Who gives a ****e.. its an internet BBS..

You guys take things too seriously.. like it affects your real life...

Alot of people need to get a life... I realised that a while back... enjoy real life.. and dont get wrapped up with this BBS ****e..

Have fun anyway... :D

J.

Gerg2 07 February 2002 12:12 AM

Hello :)

Robertio 07 February 2002 07:52 AM

Hi Greg, long time no hear, how are things in Idonthaveascoobsville? planning on moving there soon.

Neil Smalley 07 February 2002 08:29 AM

Theo,

Was'nt bantering m8.

J

What if a persons actions on a BBS starts to affect real life? Should they sit down and just say "oh well"

This is'nt the first thread that Michelle has been attacked on, it's been going on for weeks. What else is she supposed to do??

If FU is trying to persuade us that Michelle is 'a little miss priss' or whatever he's going the wrong way about it. Firstly he/she refuses to state what incidents have rubbed him/her up the wrong way and secondly refuses to mail chelle directly about it.

From this I can only assume that FU's objective is'nt to enlightne us about the hitherto hidden aspects of Michelle's character, but to cause as much disruption to her(and as a spin off this BBS) as possible.

If I'm wrong on this i'll happily say so, but I go on evidence and as yet the case for the prosecution has yet to come up with any.

Dave T-S 07 February 2002 08:46 AM

Robertio and now Gerg2 doing a bit of lurking:D;)

This is turning into a classic Muppet show thread:D;)

EvilBevel 07 February 2002 08:47 AM

<shakes off hangover>

Neil, banter was meant re: FU' posts, not towards you !

J. I normally agree, but it really is getting a bit silly. It has been going on for a while now.

Neil Smalley 07 February 2002 08:51 AM

<Shakes off waking up at 2am and not getting back to sleep till 6am>

No Probs theo..

In teletubby voice "biiigggg Huugg"

Diablo 02 March 2002 01:33 AM

Barry,

Cheers for the personal dig.

Mind you, the day I give a rats arse what you think is the day I have to question my sanity :rolleyes: :p

Personally I don't give a **** what you or anyone thinks or says about me.

I got fed up with the board for what it was becoming and decided to post to that effect, plain and simple.

Just to clarify the position :)

D

[Edited by Diablo - 2/3/2002 1:44:00 AM]

Neil Smalley 02 June 2002 05:17 AM

FU= :rolleyes:

The difficulty with the internet is that we get no sense of the mood the person was in when they write it. That's the idea behind the smilie, to tell the other person your mood when there is no other way of expressing it.

E.g I can write

I think you are a complete ratbag

and

I think you are a complete ratbag ;) :p :D

The latter means i'm kidding, the first I did'nt and yet my mood(ambivilent) was the same for each sentence. So did the smilies mean anything, or did I just put them in to get me off the hook?

If what Michelle writes reads like it's preachy it's because the cold text only nature of the internet makes it seem like that, not because she was trying to create a sermon and patronsise people. She writes the way she does, because she cares about scoobynet deeply and does'nt want to see it harmed in anyway.

How about taking the time to read into the sentiment behind the words rather than what was written, and that includes the smilies.

It's an odd fact, but it's only when you get to meet the person do you understand where they are coming from when they post on a BBS

Over the last few years SN has become just like Eastenders(A quote from the 22b post :D) Personalities clash, people get the wrong end of the stick, fall out of friends, fall back in again and people come and go. AFIK we've yet to have a scoobynet wedding though, although I do know a few people who have met through SN.

What I look for is the underlying trend of the community, not the individuals who post 24X7 or have a massive presense on here. Recently there have been an influx of newer people, who seem to have rubbed a few people up the wrong way. Eventually things will calm down. The newbies become the oldies and so the cycle starts again.

The point behind all this half asleep rambling?
Don't just read the words someone writes, get to know them.
Oldies always want things the way they were when they were new and the world was a wonderful place.
Newbies should be welcomed in, mistakes forgiven, support given but for everything else scoobies should be driven.

[Edited by Neil Smalley - 2/6/2002 5:18:44 AM]

Little Miss It 02 June 2002 09:56 PM

[Edited by Little Miss It - 2/6/2002 10:46:22 PM]