ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Pete Doherty finally gets a stretch!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/680254-pete-doherty-finally-gets-a-stretch.html)

dnc 09 April 2008 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by angrynorth (Post 7795652)
You are aware he has served a prison sentence before aren't you?

Not saying that makes him any better, but he hasn't always gotten away with it.

Again, we could bring up the Rolling stones here, who in 67 were arrested, charged and convicted of drugs related offences, but were strangely let off the next day. Add to that the numerous times Keith Richards has been caught in possession and practically put on a pedestal as a "rock god" because of legendary substance abuse.

You've then of course got Ozzy Osbourne who is everyones favourite "loveable rogue" yet is clearly a drugs mess who has openly admitted burglary and assault in the past. But Ozzy has also dodged serious jail terms.

Well said. And at least Mr Docherty has not tried snorting ants, unlike a certain Mr Osbourne:freak3:
dnc

Wurzel 10 April 2008 04:15 PM

You don't honestly think this muppet will be banged up with normal criminals do you??? he will be segregated and looked after like the wardens son and then released due to good behaviour and overcrowding. He will be treated like royalty by the press and fans when he does get released just like that dimwit blonde named after a hotel.

PeteBrant 10 April 2008 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by dnc (Post 7797657)
And at least Mr Docherty has not tried snorting ants, unlike a certain Mr Osbourne

You know, I wouldn't actually stake my life on that :D

EddScott 10 April 2008 04:39 PM

Hang the lot of them and let God sort them out :thumb:

rbaz 10 April 2008 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7799091)
You know, I wouldn't actually stake my life on that :D

Yeah but snorting ants isn't illegal :thumb: Cant imagine it been too good mind :wonder:
But don’t tell the animal rights people :Suspiciou

Fabioso 11 April 2008 02:45 AM

I can think of many musicians over the years who have been involved in some form of drug taking. I'm not sure if there is any direct correlation there, but it sure feels like it.

I pity him to be honest and anyone who is in a situation where they are so addicted to a substance it means they "HAVE" to take it.

He deserves to be made accountable for his actions. He has been given a number of chances and so there comes a point where a custodial sentence is used.

wakeboardar 11 April 2008 11:06 AM

I like the guy
lives his life as he wants
of course he still should go to jail, when he snuffs it which could be pretty soon he will be well remembered.
I would say there is a fair few stearn middle aged men with jumpers on here giving there 2 pence worth.
jonny rottern got the same reaction in his day
its rock and roll and most of us are a long way away

dont look back into the sun was a great song delivered great as well

GC8 11 April 2008 12:06 PM

I loved 'This is Not a Love Song', but PD is significantly more talented than JR..... (they both needed a bath though).

New_scooby_04 11 April 2008 01:18 PM

The difference between PD and bands like the Beatles/Stones/Led Zep etc is, IMHO, the latter will be remembered for the music, the former will be remembered for the lifestyle/infamy!

I'm sorry, but I just don't find watching/listening to the the drug addled decline of a young man satisfying, dignified, nor commendable. At least with the other bands, the music took the staring role, with him.... well, I'd argue that the infamy comes first!

I wouldn't advocate that anyone who takes drugs should have their music pulled, but lets call a spade a spade here. Is this the kind of image you would cultivate for yourself, what you would wish on your mates, your family, or your kids (if applicable)

Thought not.

Irrespective of what you think of his talent, he is a habitual criminal/drug addict, and a pretty piss poor example to a generation of kids, and I'm afraid there is simply no argument with this.

*dons cardigan, slippers, and pipe* :)

Ns04

PS I'm no fan of Ozzy either! ;) :D

RB5_245 11 April 2008 06:05 PM

I'd say the Libertines will be long remembered, and are right up there with the best of them. If it weren't for being known for the music the infamy wouldn't be there at all. Your average smack head lunatic isn't in the papers every week after all.

Will 11 April 2008 06:52 PM

hope he gets a good stay in the nick, what a role model eh!!. And that amy crackhouse too, she is another disgrace who needs a good kick up the arse. pair of wasting junkies