ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   90's back in the day (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/560644-90s-back-in-the-day.html)

finchyboy 22 November 2006 11:01 PM

Remember my older going to a couple of helter skelters at millwaukees i was just too young.Always have to take a glance at the old site whenevever i drive past. Still got some of the Ellis Dee and Top Buzz Sets on tape somewhere though !!

Hanslow 22 November 2006 11:10 PM

The 90s...hmmmmm

Whilst at uni (and after) managed about 7 years of solid visits to Rock City back in the days when student night was on Thursday, rock night on Friday and alternative on Saturdays.

Plenty of excellent music seeing and listening to Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Ozzy, WASP, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Faith No More, Type O Negative, Iron Maiden, Clawfinger, Gravity Kills, etc.

Passed my degree, got a job, bought a house with the missus (still with her and unmarried after 15 years ;) :D), bought my first sheddy car (Renault 5 campus from my mum), and better cars later.

Andy Tang 23 November 2006 12:01 AM

1990 - 6th form into metal :o
1991-1994 - Manchester Metropolitan University (nee Manchester Poly) during the height of the Madchester scene! Stone Roses, Neds (seeing them live), Wonder Stuff (seeing them live twice) and the emergence of the grunge era, as well as great dance music. The Reading Festivals in 1991 (wet and muddy) and 1992 (sunburn and sunstroke).
1995-1999 - Real jobs :eek: with my first proper hot hatch with big stereo, lowered suspension and alloys! ;) Drum & Bass, along with dance music, but still loving the indie stuff.
1999 - Bought my first Impreza! ;) All downhill from there! ;)

I loved the 90's! I basically grew up then, moved away from home, first long term girlfriend, the music, the drinking, the cars.... I love it!! :D

Miles 23 November 2006 12:10 AM

I loved the 90's! I basically grew up then, moved away from home, first long term girlfriend, the music, the drinking, the cars.... I love it!! :D
Went to uni at the tender age of 17 in 1993 and progressed from there on in. They were the formulative years - started going out with 'er indoors in March 2000. Recently got the best tunes of the 90s on me iPod, great times.:luxhello:

gatty 23 November 2006 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Andy Tang
1990 - 6th form into metal :o
1991-1994 - Manchester Metropolitan University (nee Manchester Poly) during the height of the Madchester scene! Stone Roses, Neds (seeing them live), Wonder Stuff (seeing them live twice) and the emergence of the grunge era, as well as great dance music. The Reading Festivals in 1991 (wet and muddy) and 1992 (sunburn and sunstroke).
1995-1999 - Real jobs :eek: with my first proper hot hatch with big stereo, lowered suspension and alloys! ;) Drum & Bass, along with dance music, but still loving the indie stuff.
1999 - Bought my first Impreza! ;) All downhill from there! ;)

reading 91 and 92 i was there! nirvana were ok mudhoney was the true grunge band back then i was 16 stone rugby player even i come away black and blue from the mosh pit.

it seems that was the natural progression for a lot of people, indie then discovering E and dance music whilst still loving indie. Then your cultured by the time you hit 30 !

SJ_Skyline 23 November 2006 09:16 AM

1992 - Backstage with Metallica :thumb:

T4molie 23 November 2006 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by movi-star
:lol: very true!

Did anyone from here go to Millwaukees in Souldrop, Bedford, 1992 and 1993.

I only lived about 5-6 miles down the road from there :thumb: Many a night / morning I was to be found wandering the country lanes home still spaced and dancing :D

Nat 23 November 2006 10:53 AM

Top thread, lots of similar memories :thumb:

Remember walking to Dreamscape 24 accross the fields from my village...then getting shot at by farmer when walking back the next morning :lol1:

movi-star 23 November 2006 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by T4molie
I only lived about 5-6 miles down the road from there :thumb: Many a night / morning I was to be found wandering the country lanes home still spaced and dancing :D

What a place that was, 1993 in particular, the low ceiling, the smoke, Top Buzz, Ratty on the decks, MC Whiteboy on the mic. So many great memories from that place.

Finchyboy, the site is still there last time I drove past, thou it was just rubble and it looked so small! Ive still got a few tapes from there.

Best Rave tape I still have is Easygroove Fantazia Live from Fubar around 1993/94, the funky Calanectics one!

finchyboy 23 November 2006 04:16 PM

Still see MC Whiteboy around wellingborough from time to time. hmmmm wonder what i can pick up on the fleabay ?

finchyboy 23 November 2006 04:20 PM

Easygroove's set at dreamscape 2 on cd just for starters buy it now £2.99 dripping in quality!!!

T4molie 23 November 2006 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by movi-star
Finchyboy, the site is still there last time I drove past, thou it was just rubble and it looked so small!

I think it got burnt down!?!?!?

Mogsi 23 November 2006 06:38 PM

Soooo many memories in this thread...

Early 90's I'd have to chuck in Aflecks Palace, Split Skates and Eastern Bloc....

gatty 23 November 2006 08:03 PM

aint it shocking when you look at photos when your in your prime you look the dogs!

give it a few years and plenty of stress and its a different picture:eek2:

all them good times catch up with ya!

any tips on getting it back:norty:

brumdaisy 23 November 2006 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mogsi
Soooo many memories in this thread...

Early 90's I'd have to chuck in Aflecks Palace, Split Skates and Eastern Bloc....

:luxhello:

mind you i worked at courtneys wine bar for a while :o :o :o

finchyboy 27 November 2006 08:21 PM

Yes it was burnt down sometime ago now it's been levelled totally !!

Andy Tang 27 November 2006 10:43 PM

hmm... going to student parties with a bottle of Thunderbird and/or Mad Dog 20/20!! :o

Getting my car nicked and seeing the burnt out shell in Whalley Range!! :(

Living in Rusholme and never being short of a good curry! :D

Hearing someone shotgun their wife in the stomach in Moss Side! :eek: