ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Where do you stand if a car you've sold breaks down after selling? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/527699-where-do-you-stand-if-a-car-youve-sold-breaks-down-after-selling.html)

astraboy 06 July 2006 09:11 PM

*skill snap*
Nice one paul :cool:
astraboy.

SamUK 06 July 2006 09:43 PM

Don't we just love Happy Endings..... :D :D

Paul, i'l PM you those details shortly...been washing and polishing me Scoobs till it got dark...:( knowing my luck it will start raining in the morning :cry:

Anyway...glad its all sorted :thumb:

fatherpierre 06 July 2006 10:50 PM

As I said in the PM Paul ;)

99% and all that.............

The Chief 06 July 2006 11:47 PM

Glad you've got it sorted mate :)

and good on the scoobnetters who gave Paul there support:thumb::thumb: :thumb:

Top blokes

*Sonic* 06 July 2006 11:48 PM

Glad its come to a good conclusion Paul

Paulo P 07 July 2006 12:26 AM

I'm home :luxhello: I decided not to stay at the hotel and to come home tonight. If anything does happen at least I'm here.

I'd like to thank everyone again for their help, until you are in a sad situation like I was you wouldn't realise how much help from guys on the internet can put you at ease. It helped me lots :thumb: One being at my house tonight unknown to me was above and beyond :thumb:

fatherpierre 07 July 2006 12:29 AM

;)

v5 man 07 July 2006 12:31 AM

:)

Paulo P 07 July 2006 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by v5 man
:)

Can you believe after you saw me earlier that I'm home? I gave in and decided that I had to come home after the police spoke to him.

v5 man 07 July 2006 12:42 AM

Top man:) After the last phone call from our nice policeman, I swear I actually saw you breath out for the first time that day:D

hectic 07 July 2006 12:49 AM

just read this.. glad you got it sorted fella.. not a nice thing feeling that you have a 'heavy' on your shoulder.. but its a nice feeling to find out you have people that will stand for you when things get rough ( or look like they might)

Paulo P 07 July 2006 12:52 AM

Today, I really learnt that I have more friends than I thought I did. I didn't bother anyone (even my family, friends,parents hence the post) but when it all came out all the stops were pulled.

Yes Cliff I did finally breathe then ;) it took me 'til around 10pm tonight to stop shaking with anger/upset though :(

hectic 07 July 2006 12:55 AM

Paul, one of lifes little lessons, learned ;)
next time you sell a motor, sell it to a little geeky fella or an old biddy :)

Paulo P 07 July 2006 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by hectic
Paul, one of lifes little lessons, learned ;)
next time you sell a motor, sell it to a little geeky fella or an old biddy :)

Too true, I'll never sell a car to a guy I doubt. I can't believe that I doubted this guy and thought he'd give wrong details and let it go. He did give correct details but it felt dodgy.

hectic 07 July 2006 01:04 AM

Sometimes its wise to trust your 'gut' .;)

SJ_Skyline 07 July 2006 09:18 AM

Glad it all got sorted out Paul :)

Stick to selling stuff on eBay ;)

StickyMicky 07 July 2006 09:29 AM

this bloke, if he is a bit of a bad lad, will now just be waiting his time, he is bound to tell the police he was sorry, thats how it works, i have seen it happen enough.

i would advise caution IMO

DCI Gene Hunt 07 July 2006 09:38 AM

Yep, agree with that.... he'll probably do a 'Cape Fear' job on you, so it may be worth making sure all your windows are locked a night and for at least the next 3 to 4 weeks!

These nutters just walk up and stab you nowadays, just like that stabbing video that was doing the rounds recently.... you're not even save shopping or walking the dog..............:(

*Sonic* 07 July 2006 09:47 AM

Are you here today Paul ????

:D

James Neill 07 July 2006 09:59 AM

He might not have slept much last night - may be he's catching up on the Zz's :)

danwrx1980 07 July 2006 10:01 AM

Sorry Paul only just checked in with SN, glad to hear you're ok and that the Snetters turned up when it was needed!! Would have been a fair drive for me to come down but I spose it could have been fun!

I had a problem a bit like this when I was 18, I skidded on some ice and hit some guys back bumper. Turned out he was only 2 years older than me and his brother knew my brother.
Anyway i let the insurance sort it and thought nothing more of it.

Turns out he was more pi$$ed off about the crappy bumper to his D reg Rover 216 (the old square shape peice of crap) than I thought, and he started phoning me telling me that if the insurance didn't pay out he'd be coming round to get his money off me personally.
I tried to explain the way insurance works and that he no longer deals with me and gave him my insurance company's phone number again, but he was having none of it.

Anyway about 6 weeks later after a few more phone calls I was in my garage and I heard a car pull up outside. 'Wonder who that is at this time of night' my dad said. I went to the door to see this lad and 3 mates getting out of his crappy rover.

Stood there at door and waited for him. He comes over with mates and says want the money NOW.

What he didn't realise is that the reason my father and I were in the garage is we were servicing our 3 chainsaws, he soon fcuked off with his tail between his legs when my dad came towards him with our Stihl 044 screaming!!!!!

Never thought a Rover 216 could go that quick!!!
Was funny as fcuk!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I realise now a bit lucky, but there ya go!!!

Dan.

James Neill 07 July 2006 10:05 AM

I never thought I even needed a chainsaw and you have 3. That's just greedy

DCI Gene Hunt 07 July 2006 10:22 AM

"What fcuking tapping noise.."........

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2060/jter9ap.png

Paulo P 07 July 2006 10:23 AM

I'm awake :D Just grabbing a coffee and catching up. I'm not sure if he will come back but we'll just watch this space.

The Chief 07 July 2006 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
I'm awake :D Just grabbing a coffee and catching up. I'm not sure if he will come back but we'll just watch this space.

If he knows whats good for him he wont - if he's a bad 'un no doubt he'll have previous convictions - surely he's not that stupid to risk a spell inside for the sake of trying to get his money back (you never know though)

look mate - he turns up just ring police straight away!

The very least they can charge him with threatening behavior

danwrx1980 07 July 2006 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by James Neill
I never thought I even needed a chainsaw and you have 3. That's just greedy

Worked part time in a garden machinery shop so used to get first pick of the old knackered chainsaws and stuff that came in as part ex, only got the good ones and parts were easy enough to source ;)

Everyone should have a good chainsaw just for this sort of occasion...

Dan.

Paulo P 07 July 2006 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by The Chief
If he knows whats good for him he wont - if he's a bad 'un no doubt he'll have previous convictions - surely he's not that stupid to risk a spell inside for the sake of trying to get his money back (you never know though)

look mate - he turns up just ring police straight away!

The very least they can charge him with threatening behavior

He is only known to the police for possession of drugs (pulled by the police in car parks) and petty shoplifting when he was a kid. Hopefully that means he isn't into anything heavier but you never know.

Spoon 07 July 2006 11:06 AM

Nothing like a bit of SN melodrama. :lol1:

If the useless bag of wind was going to turn up he'd have done so without letting you know on the phone several times.

Had he sensed he was bolder and more confident than you then he'd have rang you once and returned the car straight afterwards.

I suspect that action would have intimidated you enough to pay him back too.

Glad you are feeling a little better about it though Paul and I don't think you'll see him again.

mad_dr 07 July 2006 09:41 PM

Glad to hear it's on the way to being sorted mate. If it all kicks off again and he shows up on your doorstep, just clobber him with something solid. What could possibly go wrong?!

Ah... -ahem- oh... yeah...

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=112345

;)