ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   exhaust complaint from a neighbour (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/501123-exhaust-complaint-from-a-neighbour.html)

alloy 21 March 2006 04:50 PM

Commandment number nine- 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.' :nono:

Food for thought

:D

trails 21 March 2006 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by alloy
Commandment number nine- 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.' :nono:

Food for thought

:D

or how about "do unto others"? seems if more people subscribed to that ethos we would all be a lot happier...and no i'm not a god bother-er :D

alloy 21 March 2006 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by trails
or how about "do unto others"? seems if more people subscribed to that ethos we would all be a lot happier...and no i'm not a god bother-er :D

that would take us back to the stalemate of some one damaging property, then the victim retaliates and the ensuing circle of repetition pissing away each others money :D

kingofturds 21 March 2006 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by trails
or how about "do unto others"? seems if more people subscribed to that ethos we would all be a lot happier...and no I'm not a god bother-er :D

:nono: i think Matthew chapter 8 verse 4 would be more appropriate
"And Jesus said to him,
"See that you say nothing to anyone;
but go, show yourself to the priest,
and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a proof to the people."

;)

StickyMicky 21 March 2006 05:25 PM

how can somebody hear somebody else in the bath???

been doing a few full stregnth belly flops off the taps??

Turbotits 21 March 2006 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
how can somebody hear somebody else in the bath???

been doing a few full stregnth belly flops off the taps??

Apparantly he hears the water running out from the taps and also the light switch going on and off,So its a big no no for him if you need a peeee in the night.He's also complained about that.'Can you not go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.The sound of the lightswitch wakes me up' Is what he told me and again he got told to pi** off.

banny sti 21 March 2006 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by [Davey]
Now if you were my neighbour, and you had that attitude you would find your car would not only need a new exhaust but tyres and windows too..

I find it highly commendable that Davey has some consideration for his neighbours, something sadly lacking in a lot of the posters:confused: , I am not going to adopt a 'holier than thou' attitude because having a full blitz system on my car i can't. However life is about giving and taking and for someone to suggest one gets a louder exhaust to p*** the neighbours of further is brainless:cuckoo: . Davey's response was not very diplomatic but believe you me that is how ninety nine percent of people would probably feel. Yes have loud exhausts but don't rub people's noses in it especially your neighbours, and respect to Davey for standing up for what he believes in.

Regards Maz

cookstar 21 March 2006 06:03 PM

Both my neighbours like my car (and the noise), one side has been out for a few spins in it, and the other side asked me to take his on out on his 14th birthday.

Then again i have known them for years and have always shown them respect, apologising for mess or noise. So i supose they turn a blind eye when i leave for work at 5.30 in the morning. :)

And i have a fully de-catted H&S system with 5 inch backbox, it is VERY loud

Stephen Pope 21 March 2006 07:34 PM

I suppose in all seriousness, we should respect our neighbours. When I got my new car, I spoke to my neighbours and told them not to be afraid to say to me if it was annoying them. Nothing has been said regarding that so I assume they do not mind. I always go straight away sio minimise noise and go down the hill rather than up if it is early - I even pushed my Peugeot 205 GTI on Sunday morning to start it on the way to Knockhill cos it's noisy too and it was about 7:15am on Sunday morning. Most on here will not be annoyed with the noise of a Scooby (loved the post about the guy getting a stiffy if he heard one!!!) but to the lay person, it must be irritating.

trails 21 March 2006 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds
:nono: i think Matthew chapter 8 verse 4 would be more appropriate
"And Jesus said to him,
"See that you say nothing to anyone;
but go, show yourself to the priest,
and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a proof to the people."

;)

sorry bit deep for me...i understand do unto others its nice and simple :D

gotmashed 21 March 2006 08:02 PM

if you dont boot the car going home theres no need to keep it ticking over on the drive when ever im working late thats all i do just to help keep it down a bit no one was said anything to me and ive had this car 2 years and my old s1was just as loud and the same with that

banny sti 21 March 2006 09:08 PM

Good to see some posters who have some courtesy, a little bit can often go a long way.

wrxmania 15 August 2006 05:11 PM

LOL - I was searching for exhaust bungs and came across this thread - nice to see a bit of banter

Daveo 15 August 2006 05:19 PM

I had exactly the same problem with my hks hiper. I loved the noise, everyone else didn't.

Magnex sorted it. Same performance, less noise.

Dave

ade_sti 15 August 2006 05:25 PM

Take off the backbox and put on a bakebean can instead - HP is best. Then drive around for a few days till your neighbour is going nuts. Then put the old exhaust back on - she will think this is much better and thank you for doing so. :)