ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   SMACS to the I.O.M. april 14th-17th (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/482944-smacs-to-the-i-o-m-april-14th-17th.html)

cw42 17 April 2006 10:38 PM

Ditto andys comments about what a brilliant weekend we've had. Big thanks to Stuart who organised it all from this end, and to Richard on the Island who, along with the manx sidc, made us all feel so welcome. I've been busy tonight making a very short 8 min film of some of the mountain route which you'd have to look forward to if you went in August, and you'll see it's well worth the visit :D

I'll be posting up a few pictures in our gallery later, and will link to that, but the SMACS had a great time together and my thanks go to jason and family, andy and family and Darren and Amanda for great company this weekend. Our kids had a great time, and are now absolutley knackered :D
Pictures up soon :D

cw42 17 April 2006 11:06 PM

video is up :D 21.4mb in size, wmv file.

Pictures to follow in a while :thumb:

cw42 18 April 2006 12:11 AM

and some of my pictures are in our gallery :D

enjoy! :D

pete higham 18 April 2006 12:35 AM

very good pics chris :thumb:

those roads look awesome :thumb:

stressymare 18 April 2006 12:57 AM

some nice pics there Chris

:)

Dr.P 18 April 2006 04:42 AM

Exellent footage there cw42 look like you had a great time roads looked good aswell.:thumb:

manx minx 18 April 2006 08:50 AM

great to hear you guys all got back ok and your pics are good too, great job we had good weather for you. You must have brought it with you as it starting trying to rain at three just after you left. Glad the pics had names on them as I never got chance to ask all your names but now I can put names to the faces.
Nix:luxhello:

Stuart Knight 18 April 2006 08:54 AM

Thanks for the kind comments Chris, it was nothing really, and you should blame Marv, it was his idea to start all this off. It was a great weekend with a great bunch of people, even my brother (from the Porsche camp, boo hiss) commented on what a great bunch of people the Subaru club are!!! Got back 9 o'clock last night, knackered but it was well worth it. The only cross words had all weekend were between the Porsche drivers and the police!!

And just how did you end up in the same Indian as us on Sunday night, you got a phone tap running or what?

Stu

scoobyverysoon 18 April 2006 10:10 AM

Some great pics there :thumb: - god how long is that road in the last pic!!!! :eek:

cw42 18 April 2006 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by manx minx
great to hear you guys all got back ok and your pics are good too, great job we had good weather for you. You must have brought it with you as it starting trying to rain at three just after you left. Glad the pics had names on them as I never got chance to ask all your names but now I can put names to the faces.
Nix:luxhello:

Thanks for the welcome Nix, we all had a great time :)

Thanks for the kind comments Chris, it was nothing really, and you should blame Marv, it was his idea to start all this off. It was a great weekend with a great bunch of people, even my brother (from the Porsche camp, boo hiss) commented on what a great bunch of people the Subaru club are!!! Got back 9 o'clock last night, knackered but it was well worth it. The only cross words had all weekend were between the Porsche drivers and the police!!

And just how did you end up in the same Indian as us on Sunday night, you got a phone tap running or what?
Well, thanks to Marv and yourself then, and also for sending us in the right direction for the sightseeing on sunday, we all had a great day out :D
Couldn't believe it when you all walked into the curry house :D

god how long is that road in the last pic!!!!
justin, it then bends 90' left, and heads into the mountain :D

Martin-STI 18 April 2006 05:41 PM

Looks like good time had by all.:luxhello:

Great Pics and Vid by cw42 Productions. The camera man will have to learn, to stop laughing in the background whilst filming.:lol1:

moneys 18 April 2006 05:48 PM

looks like you all enjoyed yourselves then:thumb: must say though how much better does the scoobys sound on the drive by compared to those german cars? ive been round the tt track at a much higher speed than you guys were doing there though as when i went the iom a few years back we had a suziki swift hire car and we all know nothing is quicker than a hire car:luxhello:

Andy S. 18 April 2006 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart Knight

Stu

Cheers Stuart and Marv for organising it had a superb weekend

PS we were in the indian first LOL:)

Beefy 18 April 2006 10:22 PM

lol andy, was gonna come over to yours at the weekend, fortunately remembered you were over in IOM otherwise a long round trip for nothing! :)

The Admiral 18 April 2006 11:07 PM

Hi Guys & Gals!

EVO invader here LOL :lol1:

Big Thanks to all those involved in the organising of this trip - had a Fantastiche time ;) :D

Great to meet up with friends new & old and the locals seemed very friendly too :thumb:

Still waiting on the prize for "fastest treasure hunt lap" - will collect it when I return soon, hopefully (although Dave and Johnny still have 9 months 1 day left on their Island ban - sorry for lowering the tone by bringing a couple of Porsche drivers along :nono: )

Here's a small clip of some of you guys - looking forward to Chris's compilation of it all... EVO off for 380bhp conversion, quick rack steering and uprated brakes today - should be as fast as the 307HDI hire car soon :wonder:

Well, next for me is Le Mans in July and Nurburgring & Spa in August - look forward to catching up (and overtaking :p ) some of you guys soon...

Cheers :)

Rog

Right Click & Save As pls 48MB

MarvSTi5 18 April 2006 11:20 PM

What a great weekend - made so by the company we spent it in and, of course, the unrestricted speed limits out of town :norty:

Special thanks to the IOM crew who organised lots for us, great catching up with some old (figurately speaking!!) faces and meeting new.

Good to see the pics and vids (Chris/Rog) - hope to see more (my camera decided to go on the blink on day one!!).

Anyway, next time the car will be fully run in (and thats not an excuse lol) - so when's the next one?? ;)

paulthejambo 18 April 2006 11:38 PM

I don't think I could afford to live on the IOM :wonder: :lol1: . With roads like that on my doorstep I'm sure I'd use a tank of juice just getting to work! :eek: Lucky people!

The Admiral 18 April 2006 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by MarvSTi5
Anyway, next time the car will be fully run in (and thats not an excuse lol) - so when's the next one?? ;)

Just thinking the same myself, although don't think the Skyline would have coped with the bumpier roads as well as the EVO and Scoobs...

Rog :)

p.s. it's not just the IOM that has Ace roads on the way to work ;) :D

Andy S. 19 April 2006 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by The Admiral
Hi Guys & Gals!

EVO invader here LOL :lol1:

Big Thanks to all those involved in the organising of this trip - had a Fantastiche time ;) :D

Great to meet up with friends new & old and the locals seemed very friendly too :thumb:

Still waiting on the prize for "fastest treasure hunt lap" - will collect it when I return soon, hopefully (although Dave and Johnny still have 9 months 1 day left on their Island ban - sorry for lowering the tone by bringing a couple of Porsche drivers along :nono: )

Here's a small clip of some of you guys - looking forward to Chris's compilation of it all... EVO off for 380bhp conversion, quick rack steering and uprated brakes today - should be as fast as the 307HDI hire car soon :wonder:

Well, next for me is Le Mans in July and Nurburgring & Spa in August - look forward to catching up (and overtaking :p ) some of you guys soon...

Cheers :)

Rog

Right Click & Save As pls 48MB

Cheers Rog

Nice video shame I waited too long to overtake marv on the way up them pesky porkys blocked me!! LOL

Nice too meet everyone!!

HEAZILLE 19 April 2006 11:46 PM

Manx Scoobyfest 2006

Originally Posted by MarvSTi5

August 2nd to August 8th.

Another one confirmed tonight (not scooby though, but no matter last weekend was a good un with 5 non scoobys) for this years event.

SO, i reckon we are nearly there, so please c'mon guys n gals lets be having (3 or 4 ) ya.

Ta Ta

Richard
Scooby Island