ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/)
-   -   LRC 100 replacement- LT400 series. (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/358899-lrc-100-replacement-lt400-series.html)

jaycee 22 October 2004 02:24 PM

Shipping has started!
Still time for anybody else who wants one.

Jason

lidatekuk 24 October 2004 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by jaycee
If you're going to quote things at me check your sources first.
That website is in no way related to Lidatek.
Its a company called speedsafe IIRC.
The replacement for the LRC 100 is the LT 400. Fact.

Jason

Jason, If you were up on all the info you would know that Lidatek CCPW LLC based in Woodinville, Seattle, WA are the EXCLUSIVE manufacutres of the
LE-10 (LE-850 in UK)
LE-20 (LRC 100 in uk) build by Lidatek, sold and rebadged by Target Automotive Holland. (Comtech in the UK)
LE-30 (Lidateks replacment to the LE-20) In the UK LRC100

Targets LT400 laser remote is a ripp off from lidatek of the LRC100, Hence why Lidatek have launched the LE-30 in the UK. In test we carried out with www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk the LE-30 is a much better unit than the LT-400 transponder, Its works at a much wider range, It also has easier to install plug & play interface unit.

In my eyes the LRC 100 is a damb fine unit, It works very well and actually in test with the LT400 using a LTI (lastec) 20.20 Lidar speed gun the LRC 100 actually out performs the LT400, The LE-30 beats both.

The only good point about targets LT400 is the legal reason you can have this fitted to your car. but remember if it was not for the lads at Lidatek in the 1st place Target would not even have the technology to reproduce the LRC-100 and call it the LT400 with 2 ugly frog eye lenses that stick out like a sore thumb.

My opinion if you want ultimate protection which has been tested and results on ukspeedtraps is to have 2 LRC 100 units or 1 LE-30. Your right Lidatek are no longer producing the LRC100 or as known by Lidatek the LE20. How ever they did have 1000 available and we're sold to the UK. The LRC100 is a cost effective, reliable solution. And also target have brought out the LRC100 home unit basically a re-coded Lt430 home unit that accepets the LRC100 (LE20)

The LT400 works with the origin b2 but it's not 100% as reliable as the LE20 (LRC100) connected up or the LE30

So as ukspeedtraps do state,

THE LE-30 IS the replacement from Lidatek for there LE20 or as you know it here the LRC100 that was sold for Lidatek in Holland by Target Automotive & UK By Comtech.

FACT

you can even contact Lidatek to confirm. kit@lidatek.com

If you open up a LE-20 and a LRC 100 there is no difference what so ever, its the same Indium Gallide Laser Diode, the only difference is the Manual and the Sticker.

jaycee 24 October 2004 06:14 PM

Jason, If you were up on all the info you would know that Lidatek CCPW LLC based in Woodinville, Seattle, WA are the EXCLUSIVE manufacutres of the

LE-10 (LE-850 in UK)

LE-20 (LRC 100 in uk) build by Lidatek, sold and rebadged by Target Automotive Holland. (Comtech in the UK)

LE-30 (Lidateks replacment to the LE-20) In the UK LRC100

And if you bothered to read all of the posts carefully you would see I had written the following
LE 20 & 30 are sold by Lidatek
LRC 100 is sold by Target.
LT range is sold by Target.
Replacement for LRC 100 is The LT400.

Lidatek have never sold a product badged LRC 100, it was Target who branded it with this name, therefore the Target badged replacement for it is the LT400.
I am quite familiar with which company manufactures which product thank you very much so please don't try and call my knowledge into question.

Targets LT400 laser remote is a ripp off from lidatek of the LRC100, Hence why Lidatek have launched the LE-30 in the UK. In test we carried out with www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk the LE-30 is a much better unit than the LT-400 transponder, Its works at a much wider range, It also has easier to install plug & play interface unit.

I think "rip off" is a bit of a dangerous term to use. If there was any copyright infringement then I'm sure court action would have followed.

In my eyes the LRC 100 is a damb fine unit, It works very well and actually in test with the LT400 using a LTI (lastec) 20.20 Lidar speed gun the LRC 100 actually out performs the LT400, The LE-30 beats both.

I'll wait until I have my own test results thanks. ;)

The only good point about targets LT400 is the legal reason you can have this fitted to your car. but remember if it was not for the lads at Lidatek in the 1st place Target would not even have the technology to reproduce the LRC-100 and call it the LT400 with 2 ugly frog eye lenses that stick out like a sore thumb.

I think you'll find you've just said the LT400 is the safer option then. ;)
So Target have reproduced the LRC100 and called it the LT400? Sounds like a replacement to me.

My opinion if you want ultimate protection which has been tested and results on ukspeedtraps is to have 2 LRC 100 units or 1 LE-30. Your right Lidatek are no longer producing the LRC100 or as known by Lidatek the LE20. How ever they did have 1000 available and we're sold to the UK. The LRC100 is a cost effective, reliable solution. And also target have brought out the LRC100 home unit basically a re-coded Lt430 home unit that accepets the LRC100 (LE20)

2 units is a bit excessive don't you think? Maybe Target decided 2 ugly frog eye lenses in one unit was a better solution then.

The LT400 works with the origin b2 but it's not 100% as reliable as the LE20 (LRC100) connected up or the LE30

Target don't want it linking up to the b2 as they are trying to get away from the speedwarning/jammer issues. If used in conjunction with a b2 the Police have a far easier job of proving intent to obstruct the police in the excecution of their duty etc.

So as ukspeedtraps do state,

THE LE-30 IS the replacement from Lidatek for there LE20 or as you know it here the LRC100 that was sold for Lidatek in Holland by Target Automotive & UK By Comtech.

FACT

Nope, the only "fact" you have stated is one I'm not even questioning, the LRC 100 was sold by Target in Holland and I think I'm being generous with that as it wasn't sold FOR Lidatek it was sold FROM Lidatek TO Target.

you can even contact Lidatek to confirm. kit@lidatek.com

If you open up a LE-20 and a LRC 100 there is no difference what so ever, its the same Indium Gallide Laser Diode, the only difference is the Manual and the Sticker.

And your point is what exactly? I would assume they would be the same as they were built by the same company.

Jason

5903 25 October 2004 04:04 PM

Guys, I understand there's a new product launching in the UK in Jan next year. Front & Rear Jamming - comes complete with the switch to mount on the drive to activate a security light. When you pull on the drive, it switches on your security light. Totally legal as it's main purpose is to activate the security light switch. Pricing will be around the 200 mark for the complete kit !!! I'm holding off.

tuscan57 26 October 2004 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by 5903
Guys, I understand there's a new product launching in the UK in Jan next year. Front & Rear Jamming - comes complete with the switch to mount on the drive to activate a security light. When you pull on the drive, it switches on your security light. Totally legal as it's main purpose is to activate the security light switch. Pricing will be around the 200 mark for the complete kit !!! I'm holding off.

but would just turning a security light on be the same as JUST opening a garage door????? mine ( yes i have got the LT450) will do the garage and security lights, and if i ever fit some gates them too.. maybe me just wanting to be ott on the legal side of things....

mobilecentre 27 October 2004 06:01 PM

LE30 versus LT 400

[/QUOTE]

Lidatek have never sold a product badged LRC 100, it was Target who branded it with this name, therefore the Target badged replacement for it is the LT400.

I am quite familiar with which company manufactures which product thank you very much so please don't try and call my knowledge into question.

Jason
[/QUOTE]

Interesting one, as we are dealing in PURE fact here

The LE 30 is the DIRECT replacement for the LE 20, the LE 20 is identical to the LRC 100 as it was made in the same factory to the same spec. Therefore the replacement is a product from the same factory made by the same people. It is impossible for a new manufacturer to replace another manufacturer's product whilst they are still making that product range. The LRC 100 was made in the Lidatek factory, Lidatek even stuck on the Target stickers !!!! ALL Target did was put on their sleeve on the box. Comtech in the UK put the instructions in. Therefore Lidatek actually branded it Target, this also means Lidatek sold a product with the Target badge on as that’s how it left the Lidatek factory.

Lidatek held the worldwide patent on the laser diode design used. This has recently expired in Europe letting a DIFFERENT manufacturer use the same type of diode.

There are indeed differences between the LT 400 and the LE 30.

The LT 400 will operate a remote device and is NOT designed as laser diffuser, as per the manual. So by their own admission if you want to operate a remote device using a laser signalling device then the LT 400 is the way to go, it is suitable for the purpose it was designed for which is a remote control and NOT suitable for any other purpose i.e. a jammer !!!

By default this means if you want a jammer buy the LE 30 as that IS suitable

The LE 30 is designed as Laser diffuser, it comes from the WORLD leaders in laser diffuser technology, who have been making laser diffuser for almost 10 years. Where as Target have been making them for a number of months. The LE 30 is smaller and lighter than the LT 400 enabling easier installation. I presume you have actually seen an LE 30 Jason, which means you will know that it is a plug and play unit unlike the LT 400 which requires an amount of wiring. You will also know that the LE 30 supports additional transponders, Audio mute, it has a pulsed negative output to drive external devices, Illumination input to dim the status LED at night. The LED is also tri colour so you know what mode the unit is in such as passive, fire or recycle. The LED remains on green to signal that the unit is powered up and in standby unlike the LT 400. The transponders are also upgradeable to cope with future gun profiles.

Personally speaking I would buy a product from an established company with a proven history in their field.

Also as a company which supplies BOTH products and has been involved with diffusers since the late 1990's and has their own Lti 20-20 laser gun to carry out back to back tests we believe the LE 30 is the BEST diffuser currently available. The LE 30 in our opinion is the BEST performing jammer !

As for the legal standpoint there is no specific offence relating to the use of a laser jammer, IF and when there is, using an LT 400 or a LE 30 will constitute the same offence as you will be interfering with the speed measurement equipment - period.

The LE 30 WILL work with the Origin, as will the LT 400. For maximum protection I would use the units independently.

I have been involved in the "detector" industry for the last 15 years, I have represented manufacturers at the Motor show and given talks and presentation to various Motor Clubs etc. I have also advised on the legalities of the above devices to certain companies

jaycee 27 October 2004 09:35 PM

Tim, from what you're saying, Lidatek built the LRC100 and put the Target stickers on (for Target), Lidatek didn't sell the the LRC100.
Therefore, Target's replacement for the LRC100 (built by Lidatek) is the LT400 (built by Target). A lot of companies source products from other companies and have it re-badged, if and when they change the manufacturer of a product they still call the new products from the new manufacturer "a replacement".

This is starting to sound like who designed the Scoobysport exhaust!! :D

Jason

mobilecentre 27 October 2004 09:57 PM

Tim, from what you're saying, Lidatek built the LRC100 and put the Target stickers on (for Target), Lidatek didn't sell the the LRC100.
Therefore, Target's replacement for the LRC100 (built by Lidatek) is the LT400 (built by Target). A lot of companies source products from other companies and have it re-badged, if and when they change the manufacturer of a product they still call the new products from the new manufacturer "a replacement".

This is starting to sound like who designed the Scoobysport exhaust!! :D

Jason

Jason

To be fair it some respects this is a play on words to a degree. I think the best solution is :

The fact is Lidatek made & sold the LRC 100 albeit exclusively to Target

Target have a new product called the LT 400. The previous product sold by them called the LRC 100 is now discontinued. This is the first product made by Target. The previous two diffusers sold by them were manufactured by Lidatek.

Lidatek have their third generation product which will be known across the world as the LE 30. .

Due to certain commercial reasons Target have not continued with Lidatek's next generation product but have chosen to have their own unit (LT 400) Target were the only people to sell the product via distributors to the end user badged up LRC 100 all the other units were sold as LE 20's

The LE 20 and LRC 100 were identical in design, different names were used for marketing purposes. The LE 20 replacement is the LE 30. Target were the only people to sell the product dierctly to the end user badged up LRC 100

Tim

jaycee 27 October 2004 10:09 PM

We have sort of found middle ground! :)
I didn't dispute manufacturing rights just the image rights so to speak.
But it's fair to say both products do what they were designed for. ;)

Jason

Granby 27 October 2004 10:19 PM

We have sort of found middle ground! :)
I didn't dispute manufacturing rights just the image rights so to speak.
But it's fair to say both products do what they were designed for. ;)

Jason

At last :D :D :D

mobilecentre 27 October 2004 10:39 PM

LE 30 versus LT 400

I agree with your last comment completly Jason !!!!!!

We were one of the UK's top distributors of the LRC 100 and are now the European distributor of Lidatek Products I have to ensure that ALL products are portrayed in the correct light. As customer confusion is BAD for everyones business.

LT 400 designed as a laser based remote control system with a number of add ons such as the home kt etc, It may however interfere with Laser based speed measurement equipment. Sold by Target Automotive

LE 30 designed as Laser Jammer, Sold by Lidatek.

If two members want to get together, one with an LE 30 and one with an LT 400 fitted in identical places on identical cars I am quite happy to provide my self and my laser gun to settle the performance arguement once and for all. This way it will be an unbiased test.

jaycee 27 October 2004 11:53 PM

I'm sure you will be taken up on the offer!! :D

Brian the Sn@il 12 February 2005 01:34 PM

Jason mate.. I still havent recieved mine ? :(

tuscan57 12 February 2005 01:47 PM

you having the same fun as i did brian???????

jaycee 12 February 2005 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Brian the Sn@il
Jason mate.. I still havent recieved mine ? :(

You'd better order one from me then you joker! :D :D

tuscan57 12 February 2005 07:48 PM

You'd better order one from me then you joker! :D :D

thats as i meant....... :D:D