ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Half of Brits want to quit the UK (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/323124-half-of-brits-want-to-quit-the-uk.html)

bootsy 08 December 2007 09:54 PM

well i'm off to canada just waiting on paper work and a few loose ends

ScoTTyB 08 December 2007 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 7470190)
Ja, genau !

Ich mag deutsche Frauen auch. :D (und ich glaube dass die deutsche Frauen mogen der Schottenrock. ;) ).

Schottenrock, not a word I had come across yet, had to look that one up lol!! :D

Und ja, die deutschen Frauen sind beide sehr schöne und schmutzige :norty:

andythejock01wrx 08 December 2007 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by ScoTTyB (Post 7470240)
Schottenrock, not a word I had come across yet, had to look that one up lol!! :D

Und ja, die deutschen Frauen sind beide sehr schöne und schmutzige :norty:

Dirty German lasses. Now that appeals ! ;)

Schottenrock = "kilt", btw.

So are the Germans friendly to British immigrants ? I've found them pretty welcoming during my visits to Heidelberg, Munchen, former DDR etc.

Re-Bitten Hero 09 December 2007 10:51 AM

Well just to buck the trend, I came BACK from living in Germany for nearly 4 years, so there! Germany has a lot going for it, but Munich is expensive and the people abrupt and rude. They have no idea what service means and seem to enjoy staring miserably at everyone that walks past them. That said, Munich is clean, safe, lively, has a fantastic transport system and I loved it there.

In the end though the paperwork, uncooperativeness, attitude, inflexibility, taxes, shockingly bad supermarkets and pathetic regimentalised blinkered following of rules (no matter how daft - e.g. you can't wash your car on a Sunday if you use detergent...) drove me to the point of distraction and I came home - and I'm much happier here. Yes some things are more expensive, but I have MORE spare money here than I did in Germany after taxes and basics are taken care of.

Germany has these problems; France has a horrendous racist, intolerance and violence problem; Spain has unreliability, dirtiness (e.g. litter) and slow progress to get anything done; Italy has serious corruption problems and a slack attitude in general; the UK has a problem with binge drinking (believe me the Europeans think we're an embarrassment) and excessively high house prices.

Nowhere's perfect - except, it appears, Melbourne and Vancouver!! :)

Just my lengthy 2p worth :)

noobyscooby 09 December 2007 11:06 PM

I'm thinking of moving to Poland. From what I read, there's no one there!

TurboMav 09 December 2007 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by noobyscooby (Post 7472523)

:lol1:

andythejock01wrx 09 December 2007 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by noobyscooby (Post 7472523)

What, the Germans first, then the Brits ? :lol1:

dpb 10 December 2007 12:02 AM

Cheap property in Warsaw :thumb:

dazdavies 10 December 2007 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Re-Bitten Hero (Post 7470828)
Well just to buck the trend, I came BACK from living in Germany for nearly 4 years, so there! Germany has a lot going for it, but Munich is expensive and the people abrupt and rude. They have no idea what service means and seem to enjoy staring miserably at everyone that walks past them. That said, Munich is clean, safe, lively, has a fantastic transport system and I loved it there.

In the end though the paperwork, uncooperativeness, attitude, inflexibility, taxes, shockingly bad supermarkets and pathetic regimentalised blinkered following of rules (no matter how daft - e.g. you can't wash your car on a Sunday if you use detergent...) drove me to the point of distraction and I came home - and I'm much happier here. Yes some things are more expensive, but I have MORE spare money here than I did in Germany after taxes and basics are taken care of.

Germany has these problems; France has a horrendous racist, intolerance and violence problem; Spain has unreliability, dirtiness (e.g. litter) and slow progress to get anything done; Italy has serious corruption problems and a slack attitude in general; the UK has a problem with binge drinking (believe me the Europeans think we're an embarrassment) and excessively high house prices.

Nowhere's perfect - except, it appears, Melbourne and Vancouver!! :)

Just my lengthy 2p worth :)

Melbourne's ok but Sydney is better was out there for a couple of years and wish I never came back