ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Sign in for lurkers and old members/ sneaky peekers. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1048711-sign-in-for-lurkers-and-old-members-sneaky-peekers.html)

mart360 17 August 2017 07:26 PM

Still here,

Although not as often as i used to.

Joined in 2005 after trading a T16S FPT for a 2.0 wagon ..

Been in a 3.0 outback for the last 4 years

Miss some of the regulars - Les, Lisa, dont miss some of the others ;)

Definatly quiet on here these days ...

Miss Si ranting on about revenue & addblockers ;)

Need some good posts - Wasps nests & NOS ring bells :)

Mart :D

pslewis 17 August 2017 07:52 PM

Just for old time sake and because it has been mentioned a few times .....

The Oil Change according to the Old Ladies on here:-

1. Remove Oil Filler Cap, 'gently' - take at least 5 minutes or the threads will strip and the exhaust will fall off in a weeks time.

2. Carefully jack up the front of car, make sure that only the 'special' car jacking points are used or the steering wheel will be upside down next time you see it (the special jack points are only known to a select few, not the main dealers!)

3. Locate the Sump Plug, do this using an Inspection Lamp with a 100W bulb - do not, under any circumstances, use a bulb of lower wattage or the splash cover under the engine will melt and pieces will be sucked up into the MAF and then immediate engine failure will occur.

4. Undo Sump Plug whilst humming 'Oil Be Home For Xmas' - do NOT sing any other song or the Radio will never tune into any local stations again and the aerial will need to be replaced at the next service.

5. Allow Oil to drain into a Tupperware Perspex Jug - use only perspex as other plastics react with the old oil and particles travel back through the draining oil and attack the Big-End Bearings.

6. Whilst Oil is draining run around car 15 times in a Morris Dancing Outfit with the special Subaru bells attached to shoes.

7. Remove Oil Filter by unscrewing anti-clockwise 5 times, then clockwise 2 times, continue until filter is free ..... failure to do this will result in the new Filter not filling up with Oil on start-up.

8. Fill Oil Filter with Oil and screw new Oil Filter on and replace Sump Plug - there is some discussion about the order that these need to be replaced, many an evening in a B.O. smelling corner of a dark pub has been spent mulling over the merits of both choices ..... there is a 'special' way, but we are not sure what it is yet.

9. Start filling the engine with Oil - Synthetic only please!! and of course, Subarus need 'special' Oil - Mobil made a 'special' Oil just for us!!

10. Now it gets complicated, the engine start procedure ...... remove the spark plugs, coil packs and battery - remove the seats and rear boot/tailgate - ensure Octane Booster is removed from tank as it might spontaneously start the car when you are not ready - take the drive belts off - turn engine over, s....l....o....w....l....y - engine should be turned over at least 67 times to ensure adequate Oil film coverage.

11. Return all components and start engine whilst whistling the theme tune to TITANIC ................ if you are VERY lucky the engine will not shoot a con-rod through the block (this normally happens to MY96 cars which are MicaPink in colour) - but ALL Model Years can be affected equally as bad.

12. If the engine started without any problems, then don't be smug as the MAF sensor will blow up your engine within 3 days in any case!!!!!

OR, do as the Main Dealers do:-

Change Oil - start engine - check for Oil drips - return to customer!!

Pete :)

rossyboy 17 August 2017 08:28 PM

He's not dead then :iamwithst

dpb 17 August 2017 08:32 PM

Hes probably blown up his Honda through lack care attention to oil change so had to come back :)

lozgti1 17 August 2017 09:09 PM

lol

JTaylor 18 August 2017 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 11960351)
Just for old time sake and because it has been mentioned a few times .....

The Oil Change according to the Old Ladies on here:-

1. Remove Oil Filler Cap, 'gently' - take at least 5 minutes or the threads will strip and the exhaust will fall off in a weeks time.

2. Carefully jack up the front of car, make sure that only the 'special' car jacking points are used or the steering wheel will be upside down next time you see it (the special jack points are only known to a select few, not the main dealers!)

3. Locate the Sump Plug, do this using an Inspection Lamp with a 100W bulb - do not, under any circumstances, use a bulb of lower wattage or the splash cover under the engine will melt and pieces will be sucked up into the MAF and then immediate engine failure will occur.

4. Undo Sump Plug whilst humming 'Oil Be Home For Xmas' - do NOT sing any other song or the Radio will never tune into any local stations again and the aerial will need to be replaced at the next service.

5. Allow Oil to drain into a Tupperware Perspex Jug - use only perspex as other plastics react with the old oil and particles travel back through the draining oil and attack the Big-End Bearings.

6. Whilst Oil is draining run around car 15 times in a Morris Dancing Outfit with the special Subaru bells attached to shoes.

7. Remove Oil Filter by unscrewing anti-clockwise 5 times, then clockwise 2 times, continue until filter is free ..... failure to do this will result in the new Filter not filling up with Oil on start-up.

8. Fill Oil Filter with Oil and screw new Oil Filter on and replace Sump Plug - there is some discussion about the order that these need to be replaced, many an evening in a B.O. smelling corner of a dark pub has been spent mulling over the merits of both choices ..... there is a 'special' way, but we are not sure what it is yet.

9. Start filling the engine with Oil - Synthetic only please!! and of course, Subarus need 'special' Oil - Mobil made a 'special' Oil just for us!!

10. Now it gets complicated, the engine start procedure ...... remove the spark plugs, coil packs and battery - remove the seats and rear boot/tailgate - ensure Octane Booster is removed from tank as it might spontaneously start the car when you are not ready - take the drive belts off - turn engine over, s....l....o....w....l....y - engine should be turned over at least 67 times to ensure adequate Oil film coverage.

11. Return all components and start engine whilst whistling the theme tune to TITANIC ................ if you are VERY lucky the engine will not shoot a con-rod through the block (this normally happens to MY96 cars which are MicaPink in colour) - but ALL Model Years can be affected equally as bad.

12. If the engine started without any problems, then don't be smug as the MAF sensor will blow up your engine within 3 days in any case!!!!!

OR, do as the Main Dealers do:-

Change Oil - start engine - check for Oil drips - return to customer!!

Pete :)

Classic. :lol1:

joz8968 18 August 2017 11:00 AM

It deserves the Booker Prize lol

.... Except it ain't fiction. :lol1:

Funkii Munkii 18 August 2017 11:15 AM

Brilliant :lol1:

matty01 18 August 2017 07:03 PM

pslewis ...STILL!! wtf

jasey 20 August 2017 07:56 PM

Back in the day I was convinced there was only 10-15 actual people with 10-20 accounts each.

I'm starting to think I may have been right :D.

Mike123 03 December 2017 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 11956764)
hmmmmmmm,
:)

There's one of the few names I remember!

No Stef??

JackClark 04 December 2017 08:13 AM

In with the old boys.

Chip 10 March 2019 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 11954625)

I still come in here daily, mainly sport, some real characters in here who are long gone. Redkop, Chip, Lesley, Kippax, P1ssy and loads more

Just popped in for a nose,amazed this forum is still going really, remember the days of 100s of posts daily some years ago.

See a few old hands still post but I guess like myself most of us have moved on, not got a Subaru etc and just got fed up of all the ****e that was on here.

I left along with a few others at the time after we allegedly upset F1fan and turbohot during their lovein.

Some great characters over the years though, met some of them too ,all of whom were really nice people. Cheers all.

the shreksta 10 March 2019 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 12047230)
Just popped in for a nose,amazed this forum is still going really, remember the days of 100s of posts daily some years ago.

See a few old hands still post but I guess like myself most of us have moved on, not got a Subaru etc and just got fed up of all the ****e that was on here.

I left along with a few others at the time after we allegedly upset F1fan and turbohot during their lovein.

Some great characters over the years though, met some of them too ,all of whom were really nice people. Cheers all.

its a good forum and has a lot of knowledgeable people on it, however it is spoilt by certain members who keep popping up with their negativity. there isnt many of them just a small handful really but one of them is actually a really knowledgeable guy when it comes to subaru's but he just wants to come on here and post negative comments on peoples threads instead of sharing his knowledge........shame really but i guess thats what he enjoys, he was banned but obviously cant stay away from trying to upset people so re-joined under a new username. he has posted negative comments on my threads and as far as i know i havent given him reason to but hey ho it is what it is.

Croney 10 March 2019 11:08 PM

I love this forum, im not a frequent poster but do when I can, lots of great info and members seem good too.

Funkii Munkii 11 March 2019 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 12047230)

Everyone upset F1Fan he was a touchy f****r :lol1:

Rusti 11 March 2019 02:15 PM

Do you still have the hatch Funkii?

wrx2005 11 March 2019 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 12047319)
Everyone upset F1Fan he was a touchy f****r :lol1:

you know he's dead?

BrownPantsRacing 11 March 2019 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by wrx2005 (Post 12047336)
you know he's dead?

No, I didn't know that. Really?

wrx2005 11 March 2019 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 12047339)
No, I didn't know that. Really?

yes he died in a crash driving a Ferrari chasing a rover 200 somewhere in eastern Europe.
He just could match the superior speed and driving skill of the rover 200 and its driver ;)

RoShamBo 11 March 2019 10:37 PM

Class of '99 and lots of fond memories - not posted for a long time but dip in occasionally :)

Rob Day 12 March 2019 09:47 AM

Seriously F1Fan is no longer?

I had respect for the guy, he was a very knowledgeable guy in the world of motorsport given he lived and breathed it.

I bought a car from him some years ago, so met and had a beer with him. He was a proper decent guy, really misunderstood only because he didn't suffer fools.

Robert.

dpb 12 March 2019 10:43 AM

Thought he emigrated to Aus ..

Brendan Hughes 12 March 2019 11:19 AM

I pop in on Pancake Day.

Things here are looking rather flat.

RobsyUK 12 March 2019 01:35 PM

Some of the site could be deleted.
I never did like all the sub sections within the for sale, and the midlands, Essex, regional section.

But the flip side is the invaluable information on this website that I’ve spent days reading.

i was here, I left and I’ve returned.

Rob Day 12 March 2019 03:21 PM

What you driving now Rob?

RobsyUK 12 March 2019 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Day (Post 12047452)
What you driving now Rob?

just a torque gt special 😜
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...b387cd51a.jpeg

Rob Day 12 March 2019 04:26 PM

Looks good Rob, is a JDM?

RobsyUK 12 March 2019 05:03 PM

Yeah. Fsh, 60k clean as anything.
changed all fluids and was undersealed.
Incredible car

Funkii Munkii 12 March 2019 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rusti (Post 12047324)
Do you still have the hatch Funkii?

No I left that behind in Oz, but what. lot of fun I had in that on their great roads :D