ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Matt LeBlanc as a Top Gear presenter! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1034626-matt-leblanc-as-a-top-gear-presenter.html)

JDM_Stig 11 February 2016 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by wrx300scooby (Post 11795156)
Looks an interesting mix, got to give it a chance.

Certainly variety

neil-h 11 February 2016 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 11795142)

Oh god it's going to be tedious. :lol1:

Peedee 11 February 2016 10:38 AM

Gotta love scoobynet sometimes. Folk moaning, but I guarantee that they'll be sat down to watch the first episode.

Not too bad a line-up IMO. Nobody that I particularly dislike. Happy Chris Harris made the line up, I enjoy watching his reviews :)

wrx300scooby 11 February 2016 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Peedee (Post 11795174)
Gotta love scoobynet sometimes. Folk moaning, but I guarantee that they'll be sat down to watch the first episode.

Not too bad a line-up IMO. Nobody that I particularly dislike. Happy Chris Harris made the line up, I enjoy watching his reviews :)

I agree, I think it could work well with the variety of experience/personalities in there.

RS_Matt 11 February 2016 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Peedee (Post 11795174)

Not too bad a line-up IMO.

"Just lacks a China man, disabled person, homosexual and a Muslim."

someone said on Facebook, regarding the PC BBC lineup.

dpb 11 February 2016 12:04 PM

thank fcuk they left out the smug semi pubescent tennager though eh

wrx300scooby 11 February 2016 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11795190)
"Just lacks a China man, disabled person, homosexual and a Muslim."

someone said on Facebook, regarding the PC BBC lineup.

:lol1::lol1:

hullkoiman 11 February 2016 01:07 PM

Cant see Matt LeBlanc doing any good hes allways stook in 2nd gear ;)

markjmd 11 February 2016 01:11 PM

Very smart move going for such wide line-up, it greatly lessens the risk of the whole show getting sucked under if just one of them turns out to be a complete no-hoper.

ALi-B 11 February 2016 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 11795142)

Yikes! The Beeb's meddling department have gone into overdrive! :lol1:

Oh well, will reserve judgement until it airs, but watering down the show with that many presenters looks like a return to the original 1990's TG format (which had between 6 to 9 presenters at any one time taking it turns to do show segments).

I suspect this dilution is becuase there isn't enough strong characters to support a format with less presenters. Guess we have to wait and see...then I can say "told you so" :lol1:

jonc 11 February 2016 02:01 PM

I think with this mix it's pretty certain the format will not be following the old "three blethering idiots" formula. The increase in the number of presenters will definitely mean a more varied type of programme and help detract from the inevitable comparison of the previous format.

Peedee 11 February 2016 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by hullkoiman (Post 11795221)
Cant see Matt LeBlanc doing any good hes allways stook in 2nd gear ;)

So bad that it's slightly funny lol :lol1:

lozgti1 11 February 2016 11:18 PM

It will be great!

Great choice.This will surpass TG of old.Sure of it.And believe it or not ,I think it will be about cars given the line up.

Can't wait now!

neil-h 12 February 2016 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 11795492)
It will be great!

Great choice.This will surpass TG of old.Sure of it.And believe it or not ,I think it will be about cars given the line up.

Can't wait now!

If it does I'll eat my hat (not literally of course, it's a nice hat) :lol1:

jonc 12 February 2016 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 11795492)
It will be great!

Can't wait now!

Potentially it could, I think people grew tired of the old formula as evidence on this forum. Chris Evans, like him or loath him, knows all there is to know in making good programmes, viewing figures for his other efforts prove this.

WRXrowdy 12 February 2016 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 11795574)
Potentially it could, I think people grew tired of the old formula as evidence on this forum. Chris Evans, like him or loath him, knows all there is to know in making good programmes, viewing figures for his other efforts prove this.

Does he? I've yet to see anything visually that Evans has made that had anything like the cinematography that Top Gear has had for the last decade or more.

What program's has he made that has been anything other than live, studio based chat show formula.

I'll happily listen to Chris on the radio in the mornings, but I couldn't bear to watch more than ten minutes of TFI when it aired last year, I thought it was crap.

hodgy0_2 12 February 2016 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by WRXrowdy (Post 11795701)
Does he? I've yet to see anything visually that Evans has made that had anything like the cinematography that Top Gear has had for the last decade or more.

What program's has he made that has been anything other than live, studio based chat show formula.

I'll happily listen to Chris on the radio in the mornings, but I couldn't bear to watch more than ten minutes of TFI when it aired last year, I thought it was crap.

but how much did Hammond, May and Clarkson have to do with the cinematography - day to day

which was superb btw and ground-breaking in its day (could be a little irritating towards the end though imo)

I appreciate those "creatives" may have left the show to join the new production team on Amazon - but not sure what the presenter role in it was

I do accept that Clarkson did probably have a view

Dr Hu 12 February 2016 05:33 PM

Andy Wilman was 'da man' who made it look like it did.... wonder if he has gone to Amazon - pretty sure we will have, as he and Clarkson were big mates from School.

WRXrowdy 12 February 2016 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 11795725)
Andy Wilman was 'da man' who made it look like it did.... wonder if he has gone to Amazon - pretty sure we will have, as he and Clarkson were big mates from School.

Yes he has, along with a lot of the production staff.

neil-h 31 March 2016 06:32 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03plr2r

So now we have a trailer. Looks just like the old series :wonder:

RS_Matt 31 March 2016 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11815528)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03plr2r

So now we have a trailer. Looks just like the old series :wonder:

Winning formula.

Shame, as I'm not 12yo.

Scrappy9 01 April 2016 09:07 AM

Missed a trick with the new line up - as Mike Brewer was available ��

neil-h 01 April 2016 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11815629)
Winning formula.

Shame, as I'm not 12yo.

Thing is an important part of that formula were the 3 guys presenting it.

dpb 01 April 2016 11:04 AM

Too many 'personalities'

Geezer 01 April 2016 01:17 PM

I thought it looked ok, even if only because it didn't have the original three in it!

We shall see in May.

But, I agree, the trailer does sorta look like more of the same, with more presenters.

Brun 01 April 2016 11:50 PM

It's cars and comedy. I will be watching on the strength of that alone. Anyone who feels it will be ****e then bog off and watch some cooking, dancing singing or Soap crap which will be easily located on many of the other channels :p

dpb 02 April 2016 03:51 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/c...cid=spartanntp

looks fake to me

joz8968 21 May 2016 08:35 PM

Top Gear "GEN.3" ;) starts 29th May.

Bank holiday next day - so plenty of time to post all your usual rants, despite watching it week in week out. :D

JDM_Stig 21 May 2016 09:42 PM

Chris swearing at Audience members during the filming who didnt find his jokes funny isnt a great start.

Geezer 23 May 2016 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 11836502)
Chris swearing at Audience members during the filming who didnt find his jokes funny isnt a great start.

No, I imagine that Evans isn't the nicest person to work with, but that said, everyone I know who has met the other three said that May was full of himself and had no time for the audience, Clarkson is, well, Clarkson, but Hammond seemed to be the only decent one of the three.

If we judged shows/films on the actual personalties of the people who appear in them, I doubt we would watch much!

It will be interesting to compare the two show once The Grand Tour airs on Prime. Will Clarkson et al actually do anything fresh, or just more od the same with a bigger budget?

It's hard to see how either of them are going to be any different, to be hoenst.