ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Cyclist vs Discovery (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1025430-cyclist-vs-discovery.html)

joz8968 05 June 2015 06:40 PM

Ha ha. Classic.

Godda luv Inbetweeners.

hodgy0_2 05 June 2015 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 11692088)
I think all cyclepaths should be locked up. Bloody murdering *******s shouldn't be out on the roads. :mad:

Just got that

lozgti1 06 June 2015 10:22 AM

I just say 'left turn Clyde'

Devildog 08 June 2015 03:31 PM

At the risk of offendng the cyclists on here (and indeed I am one myself) the Disco originally was no closer to the cyclist than the yellow Ka that passed first.

It looks like the cyclist was the first to have a go and then the Disco driver retaliated and I recon the cyclist then took a kick or two. Both have anger management issues if you ask me and both were being as much of a c*nt as the other.

Zero sympathy for either I'm afraid. Anyoien who tries to take on 2.8 tonnes of discovery, albeit one driven by a mad australian/kiwi in bondage gear, deserves whatever comes.

Had the cyclist not been insanely uptight and as agressive as as bondage boy none of that would have happened

f1_fan 08 June 2015 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 11694159)
albeit one driven by a mad australian/kiwi in bondage geard

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol1::lol1::lol1:

dpb 08 June 2015 09:26 PM

That's kind of how it looked to me as well

I'm not sure I want to enter any bondage discussion

andy97 09 June 2015 08:11 AM

No cyclists 'take on vehicles' unless they have a suicidal tendency. What cyclists expect is that considerate vehicle users slow down, hold back and pass wide when there is a safe gap to pass. When you're physically threatened by a vehicle, adrenalin kicks in and expletives anger flows.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 10 June 2015 11:43 PM

This is a good example of what its like being a cyclist. I'm doing 24 in a 30 and pacing the white van more or less. I'm not driving in the gutter but about 4 or 5ft out. Impatient black van driver draws up close behind the van, then forces himself across on me and pushes me towards the gutter. He was about 6 inches from my handlebars. His passenger shouts "move over you c**t" as he passes. You can then see what happens afterwards because the white van has accelerated to stop him undertaking then he has to brake hard to avoid hitting the cyclist ahead and nearly knocks him off, before having to brake sharply again for stationary traffic.

I've muted the sound on this as you can only hear road noise and me telling the van to eff off. Driver also shouted "W anchor!" at me as I passed and left him sitting in traffic, but again you can't hear that in the clip.

Worth sticking the vid up on that Police "post your clips" site?

markjmd 11 June 2015 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon! (Post 11695376)
This is a good example of what its like being a cyclist. I'm doing 24 in a 30 and pacing the white van more or less. I'm not driving in the gutter but about 4 or 5ft out. Impatient black van driver draws up close behind the van, then forces himself across on me and pushes me towards the gutter. He was about 6 inches from my handlebars. His passenger shouts "move over you c**t" as he passes. You can then see what happens afterwards because the white van has accelerated to stop him undertaking then he has to brake hard to avoid hitting the cyclist ahead and nearly knocks him off, before having to brake sharply again for stationary traffic.

BL11FAR - YouTube

I've muted the sound on this as you can only hear road noise and me telling the van to eff off. Driver also shouted "W anchor!" at me as I passed and left him sitting in traffic, but again you can't hear that in the clip.

With driving skills like that, there's no doubt in my mind he deserves some official recognition ;)

hodgy0_2 11 June 2015 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon! (Post 11695376)

BL11FAR - YouTube

Why didn't you simply "move over"

After all you don't pay road tax or <repeat daft anti cyclist memes ad infinitum>

Devildog 11 June 2015 10:20 AM

And for a bit of balance :lol1:

scooby87 11 June 2015 10:37 AM

LOL who was he even swearing at, no one did anything wrong did they?

CutMasterT 11 June 2015 10:40 AM

:lol1::lol1::lol1:

dpb 11 June 2015 10:45 AM

Haha

dpb 11 June 2015 10:59 AM

i try ride about a foot from the yellow line

take your space , dont take the piss :p

Jonnys3 11 June 2015 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 11695465)
And for a bit of balance :lol1:

Quick karma - YouTube

Great to see the cyclist looking over his shoulder before performing that overtake. Might have seen the Mazda he cut up then ? :wonder:

Ste RB5138 11 June 2015 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jonnys3 (Post 11695486)
Great to see the cyclist looking over his shoulder before performing that overtake. Might have seen the Mazda he cut up then ? :wonder:

Exactly, he was totally in the wrong trying to get past the other cyclist.

dpb 11 June 2015 12:54 PM

difficult tell whether he indicated , clearly he was about upset though.

Either way I spect he felt bit of a tit , eyes on the road eyes on the road

Matteeboy 11 June 2015 01:00 PM

I did an 18 miler yesterday on the coast roads; not very far but extremely hilly. Anyway what struck me was how friendly everyone was; three cars stopped for me on narrow sections, several pedestrians spoke to me ask wheezed up the most evil hill in the area (over 25%, half a mile long). Made a really nice change.

Just for balance...

davyboy 11 June 2015 01:25 PM

I think the commuter faces most of the anger/abuse.

I pretty much only ride for sport/leisure and have had very little in the way of abuse, but still witness plenty of stupid overtakes.

dpb 11 June 2015 01:39 PM

Same here :thumb:

Maz 11 June 2015 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11695519)
difficult tell whether he indicated , clearly he was about upset though.

Either way I spect he felt bit of a tit , eyes on the road eyes on the road

Hopefully not just just his pride that was bruised. :lol1:

andy97 11 June 2015 02:07 PM

I have been doing all of my rehabilitation training in doors , my fitness is returning and I am loving cycling all the big hills in Europe and UK. Last week I did Mont Ventoux, Hardknotts/Wynrose pass. Alp d'huez. and Ditchling beacon :)
This week Zoncalon knocked off, There is something masochistic about burying yourself on a 13 mile climb :)