ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Subaru Parts (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/)
-   -   5 speed gearbox reinforcing plates (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/1024452-5-speed-gearbox-reinforcing-plates.html)

chefboy1985 09 February 2016 04:12 PM

Are these plates still available?

Tom Ainley 09 February 2016 05:05 PM

id also be interested

scubbay 12 March 2016 09:17 AM

I've had lots of requests for these lately so have manufactured a further few sets. Available for immediate dispatch. Same price £160 delivered UK tracked and insured.

sparklyscoob 30 March 2016 04:19 PM

Hi, Are there any more sets available, Thanks

scubbay 30 March 2016 04:50 PM

Yes I have 4 sets ready to dispatch.

Tom Ainley 31 March 2016 06:38 PM

Id like a set please pm me

gregbav 27 April 2016 06:55 PM

First log in for 7 years after finally getting around to start putting the classic back on the road...
Figured these are a good shout, so if they're OK for a '98 i'll have a set please if you PM me

scubbay 28 April 2016 03:37 PM

pm sent

SmurfyBhoy 28 April 2016 03:46 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...1692d9e30d.jpg

As far as i had read these are a waste of time,

scubbay 28 April 2016 09:45 PM

Most negative comments are from people that have never seen or fitted them. I make no claims, simply using the same design of those that do, and making them to a better standard.
John states that "people believe what they read on the internet" yet uses an internet quote to back up his statement. There has, to date , been nothing but positive feedback from anyone who has used them.
It's a hobby for me to make these and provide them at an accessible price reducing the "gamble" of their effectiveness to a minimum.

bustaMOVEs 28 April 2016 09:53 PM

I think the op's signature would be better with 'things' at the end.
:)

scoobaru02 29 April 2016 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by sparklyscoob (Post 11815061)
Hi, Are there any more sets available, Thanks

PM sent

SmurfyBhoy 29 April 2016 11:01 AM

LOL

Be just as much use to wrap the box in cling film,

Just pointing out that they have zero effect on the reason for 5 speed failures,

I think you will find he says "1st hand knowledge"

" The parts it's supposed to strengthen (apparently), are not the actual source of a 5 speed failure anyway,"

" You would sooner strip the teeth off a gear before main shaft bearing would walk"

I just laugh at how gullible folk are,

All the best to you mate bet you make a killing on all of them,

96sti 29 April 2016 01:41 PM

Wheres the supposedly Micke sighn test trials results that was ment to be coming months ago.

Said from day one they were a waiste

scubbay 29 April 2016 04:35 PM

Mikee's car that they are being fitted to is not finished. There is a thread on the forum discussing the plus and negative opinions. Everyone is welcome to discuss and voice opinion but having a discussion over Two threads helps no-one. I can take negative but only from those who have bought and used them. The lad above with "1st hand knowledge" has done neither. We had a little to and fro online where he voiced his "opinion" and that's fine but there's no need to make stuff up to try and reinforce this. (no pun intended)

SmurfyBhoy 29 April 2016 05:00 PM

He has first hand knowledge of building high power engines and gearboxes,

Like he says the part that causes failures is not strengthened,

JGlanzaV 29 April 2016 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 11827047)
He has first hand knowledge of building high power engines and gearboxes,

Like he says the part that causes failures is not strengthened,

Oops. Who made you an expert?

Andy didn't post half of the information you are quoting if you read it. Someone else did.

Also he had an uprated gear set in there so it's hardly a back to back test. It is just conjecture and subjective anecdotes there's no proof in that post... They may or may not work. But for people not able to upgrade gear sets or go 6spd it is a cheap gamble to take.

Scubbay hasn't made any claims of their effectiveness etc. He has copied an apparently proven part and offered it put for a cheap price to help the community. If people are happy with them then happy days. If not its not a whole load of money wasted.

Maybe you should go somewhere else other than a sale thread to start arguments :thumb:

SmurfyBhoy 29 April 2016 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV (Post 11827049)
Oops. Who made you an expert?

Andy didn't post half of the information you are quoting if you read it. Someone else did.

Also he had an uprated gear set in there so it's hardly a back to back test. It is just conjecture and subjective anecdotes there's no proof in that post... They may or may not work. But for people not able to upgrade gear sets or go 6spd it is a cheap gamble to take.

Scubbay hasn't made any claims of their effectiveness etc. He has copied an apparently proven part and offered it put for a cheap price to help the community. If people are happy with them then happy days. If not its not a whole load of money wasted.

Maybe you should go somewhere else other than a sale thread to start arguments :thumb:

OOoops

I WASN'T quoting "Andy" although he is another expert,

And again if you understood how a gearbox actually functioned maybe you would agree,

Doesn't really take an expert just a little mechanical knowledge,
So no gamble in it just waste if we are honest,

They do look nice :)

I had my mate asking me about these because of the "Claims" he read about blast plates in general,

Only because he DIDN'T understand,

As i says hope he makes a killing,

If there's demand then supply them !!

scubbay 30 April 2016 10:58 PM

OK Just as a relevant update: Within the family we have a budget sprint car with a very low spec build on an sc46. No fancy shyiite. Version 3 budget forged build with a 752 housed Possum Bourne 5 speed. Today this car beat the fastest Legacy in the world on a hillclimb not once but twice. Over the previous 2 seasons the gearbox was the Achilles heel, often sticking in gears so much so that the owner put an inspection hole in the gearbox so he could reach in and correct the gearset between runs. To date, this season this car has not had a gearbox issue. Nothing, nada, sweet fa. The gearbox has performed faultlessly. Did the gearbox plates help? I make no claims. Without them the box was out after every event. You decide! This is now, current and undeniable. The haters will hate but none of them have any experience only opinions.

scubbay 30 April 2016 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 11827056)
OOoops

I WASN'T quoting "Andy" although he is another expert,

And again if you understood how a gearbox actually functioned maybe you would agree,

Doesn't really take an expert just a little mechanical knowledge,
So no gamble in it just waste if we are honest,

They do look nice :)

I had my mate asking me about these because of the "Claims" he read about blast plates in general,

Only because he DIDN'T understand,

As i says hope he makes a killing,

If there's demand then supply them !!

you sir are an ass. 3rd hand opinions on something you have never handled. You suggest "a killing" obviously you have never manufactured anything beyond what your anus projects.

DoZZa 30 April 2016 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by scubbay (Post 11827494)
obviously you have never manufactured anything beyond what your anus projects.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

SmurfyBhoy 01 May 2016 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by scubbay (Post 11827494)
you sir are an ass. 3rd hand opinions on something you have never handled. You suggest "a killing" obviously you have never manufactured anything beyond what your anus projects.

Ive handled a gearbox before so understand how one works.

Thats why i wouldnt waste my money.

Manufacture ??
Yea they look very hard to make hahaha.

Take all of 20 mins on autocad.

Anyone who understands how a gearbox actually functions would agree. But looks like theres not many of thoses people out there eh.

Broaders 01 September 2016 05:06 PM

Still available?

Originally Posted by scubbay (Post 11680136)
As discussed in the earlier thread I have 4 sets available. Similar design to the moore plates (blast plates) but at a more competitive price. I personally test fit every set on a gearbox. Come with everything required and even instructions with relevant torque settings. I have a few photos of the first batch of 10 that were made.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...psjf3jljkc.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...psdcygo28p.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...psm5lg6ljf.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...ps1zepk4z2.jpg

£160 delivered tracked and insured anywhere in the UK

Hi there

I've just found this thread and am quite excited! Do you still make these blast plates and, if so, what do I need to do to get a pair?

Thanks

Al

96sti 01 September 2016 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Broaders (Post 11872219)
Hi there

I've just found this thread and am quite excited! Do you still make these blast plates and, if so, what do I need to do to get a pair?

Thanks

Al

You need to fill out an application form.

Ow and pay him don't forget that part

Broaders 01 September 2016 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by 96sti (Post 11872228)
You need to fill out an application form.

Ow and pay him don't forget that part

Thanks for the info. Ok, where do I get the form from and how do I pay?

Thanks again

96sti 01 September 2016 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Broaders (Post 11872238)
Thanks for the info. Ok, where do I get the form from and how do I pay?

Thanks again

Really

Just ask to buy a set get he's PayPal details sort the funds out hey presto you will get your plates soon after

Broaders 01 September 2016 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by 96sti (Post 11872285)
Really

Just ask to buy a set get he's PayPal details sort the funds out hey presto you will get your plates soon after

Thanks again. I've sent a PM.

Jackson Collins 24 October 2016 05:04 AM

Sent a PM regarding getting a set or 2.

obsessionz 03 February 2017 09:04 AM

Are these still available? Any more testing been done with these? Hows everyones 5 speeds holding up?

Cheers

Jackson Collins 03 February 2017 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jackson Collins (Post 11887347)
Sent a PM regarding getting a set or 2.

I still haven't received a reply to my post above yours about getting some sent to Melbourne. Not sure if the guy is either making them anymore or has checked this thread for a while. :confused: