ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-439/)
-   -   ***BC Racing coilovers*** (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-439/781390-bc-racing-coilovers.html)

bren@apex 30 January 2012 05:38 PM

£769 is the 2012 retail on the kits. We arent competing with anyone else, we are the Uk distributer so whoever you order with will place the order with us. We cannot discount the products as it (rightly) upsets our trade customer base.

I was speaking to our Ohlins centre today. Theyve got a set of BCs in to use some components to help with an unusual custom kit theyre assembling. Theyre only using some of the BC mounting components, none of the internals and its for one of their own cars, not a customers. Theyve taken one of the dampers to bits and they told me that with the quality of the manufacturing, design of the product and the level of materials used the kits are actually under priced by some margin and theyve punching well above their weight for what they cost.

Thats coming from an Ohlins technician who supplies kits to World touring Cars and BTCC cars amongst many others. They have extensive experience of a wide range of coilovers from the obvious Ohlins to Penske, Nitron, EX-CTE etc.

Not bad as far as recommendations go :)

Theyre going to dyno a front and rear unit next, see what sort of results they get from them.

14N-FR 05 February 2012 07:42 PM

Huge thank you to Bren.

My BC's and adjuster extenders arrived on Friday and I had them fitted in about 5 hours.

Just made my final adjustments to the ride height on each corner today and could not be happier.

I opted for the 5/4 on my hawk eye STi which in my opinion removes the crash/bumpy ride of the STi suspension and allows the car to connect better with the road over the rough stuff. it also removes the dreaded STi bouncing down motorways/dual carriageways.

I am extremely impressed with the quality of the BC's and Bren's excellent service.

New_scooby_04 05 February 2012 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by 14N-FR (Post 10471538)
Huge thank you to Bren.

My BC's and adjuster extenders arrived on Friday and I had them fitted in about 5 hours.

Just made my final adjustments to the ride height on each corner today and could not be happier.

I opted for the 5/4 on my hawk eye STi which in my opinion removes the crash/bumpy ride of the STi suspension and allows the car to connect better with the road over the rough stuff. it also removes the dreaded STi bouncing down motorways/dual carriageways.

I am extremely impressed with the quality of the BC's and Bren's excellent service.

Glad you like em mate! Told you they were MUCH better than the std set up! ;) What settings do you have the dampers on?

14N-FR 06 February 2012 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 10472122)
Glad you like em mate! Told you they were MUCH better than the std set up! ;) What settings do you have the dampers on?

Thanks for your advice also on getting the 5/4's!

I am running them on 16/8 dampening from soft like you are and I dropped the ride down about 40mm front 30mm rear.

It's just so much nicer to drive over rough and bumpy roads. The wheels feel totally connected to the road now unlike the before when they jumped from bump to bump.

Fizz 19 February 2012 08:10 PM

Bren what would you recommend for an out and out racer 1996 classic. Camber / castor on front and camber rear with 8/6 springs. Also interested in what support / parts backup is etc.

bren@apex 20 February 2012 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by 14N-FR (Post 10471538)
Huge thank you to Bren.

Its good to hear that youre happy :)

Originally Posted by Fizz (Post 10495971)
Bren what would you recommend for an out and out racer 1996 classic. Camber / castor on front and camber rear with 8/6 springs. Also interested in what support / parts backup is etc.

Id go for the ER Series. They come with camber castor adjustable front top mounts and camber adjustable rear top mounts as standard.

What tyres will you be running on (road, road legal track or slicks?) and do you know the total weight and corner weights for the car?

A full range of spare parts is available, from complete struts down to the top mount studs. Every single part is available and all at sensible prices.

We carry a lot of spare parts here but if we dont have what you need then we place an air order with the factory every Tuesday and expect delivery the following Monday.

Doobs Scoob 20 February 2012 10:56 AM

Bren - Can you PM me a price for the BR's for a 1999 Classic please mate?

Cheers

Fizz 20 February 2012 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by bren@apex (Post 10496640)
Its good to hear that youre happy :)

Id go for the ER Series. They come with camber castor adjustable front top mounts and camber adjustable rear top mounts as standard.

What tyres will you be running on (road, road legal track or slicks?) and do you know the total weight and corner weights for the car?

A full range of spare parts is available, from complete struts down to the top mount studs. Every single part is available and all at sensible prices.

We carry a lot of spare parts here but if we dont have what you need then we place an air order with the factory every Tuesday and expect delivery the following Monday.

Total cat weight is 1176 with post race fuel. Not got corner weights to hand. Tyres are semi slick list 1a blue book silverstones ftz-rr. Can you give me some order of price?

bren@apex 20 February 2012 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Doobs Scoob (Post 10496647)
Bren - Can you PM me a price for the BR's for a 1999 Classic please mate?

Cheers

Done :)

Originally Posted by Fizz (Post 10497093)
Total cat weight is 1176 with post race fuel. Not got corner weights to hand. Tyres are semi slick list 1a blue book silverstones ftz-rr. Can you give me some order of price?

The ER Series are £1399. I cant discount the product but can do a very competitive package deal with any other parts you might need. kSport brakes, Whiteline alignment components, etc?

Fizz 20 February 2012 10:46 PM

Think er to pricey for my budget to be honest and we only do 15 mins races will the bc take race punishment and can they do castor?

bren@apex 21 February 2012 10:20 AM

The BR Series are more than capable on track. We can supply the kit with front upgrade to camber castor rose joint and the rear top mounts to camber rose jointed. The base kit is £769, front upgrade is £60, the rear upgrade is £62. Uk carriage is £9.20. Total £900.20.

I can do the full package for £799 delivered. We have the parts in stock necessary to put the kit together.

Id be looking at starting with 10/8kg.mm spring rates, or maybe 12/10kg.mm. :)

fes5 13 March 2012 05:32 PM

bren is there a group buy coming anytime soon.

bren@apex 28 March 2012 08:30 AM

There are no plans to run another GB, no. I can do a package deal with other parts (KSport brakes, Whiteline components etc) but cant discount the coilovers themselves.

BoxerTurbo 06 April 2012 02:40 PM

WE ARE REOPENING A SPECIAL OFFER FOR EXISTING STOCK OF THE APEX BRANDED KITS. ONCE THE STOCK HAS RUN DOWN THEN THE OFFER WILL FINISH. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY PLANS TO ORDER IN ANY MORE APEX BRANDED COILOVERS TO OFFER AT DISCOUNTED PRICES

WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING IN STOCK AND READY FOR IMMEDIATE DISPATCH

1x GDB 2000-2007 (excluding 2005-2007 STi) 5/4kg.mm

Are these still available ? :thumb:

sheriff86 16 April 2012 04:28 PM

Bren - pm'd. cheers

chris-boris 08 May 2012 11:23 PM

Hi Bren, I sent you a PM about a price for a set of BR coilovers. Please can you have a look and get back to me? Many thanks Chris

bren@apex 09 May 2012 09:31 AM

Ive replied to the PM :)

stuntmonkey46 12 May 2012 09:48 PM

Hi,can you pm me a price please for 04 sti pls,used as road car,thanks

bren@apex 14 May 2012 03:32 PM

The coilovers are £769. I cant do anything on the price of the coilovers alone. Are you interested in a deal with an anti roll bar or lift kit etc? I can do a good package price but not just discounted coilovers.

stuntmonkey46 14 May 2012 08:43 PM

ok thanks,scoobyworld are £100 cheaper,and thats alot to me,thanks anyways

bren@apex 01 June 2012 04:48 PM

SOLD

Ive got Duncans previous BC Racing ER Series coilovers for sale. We changed them at the beginning of the year purely because the factory back the car so we can. There was nothing wrong with them. The kit has been partially stripped and rebuilt (we havent stripped the damper units themselves down as there is no need) and comes with a 1 year warranty. They sell for £1399 new, first £799 can take it.

The pictures show the actual kit for sale, they speak for themselves regarding the kits condition :)

They are running 14/12kg.mm springs but I can drop them down to anything as low as 8/6kg.mm for no extra charge.

https://www.scoobynet.com/attachment...1&d=1338565560

https://www.scoobynet.com/attachment...1&d=1338565560

Markyscoob 08 June 2012 01:17 PM

Snap his arm off someone! I have these and they are amazingly good units! Just make sure you get the right springs put on before they're sent.

bren@apex 11 June 2012 10:42 AM

Good to hear that you like the kit :) Theyve now sold.

Duncan Graham sent me a message yesterday about the second round of Time Attack at Knockhill in his BC racing Impreza Pro car where he placed tird. The last line of the text was "Suspension was stunning".

Good to know! :D

dynamix 17 June 2012 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by bren@apex (Post 10660370)
Good to hear that you like the kit :) Theyve now sold.

Duncan Graham sent me a message yesterday about the second round of Time Attack at Knockhill in his BC racing Impreza Pro car where he placed tird. The last line of the text was "Suspension was stunning".

Good to know! :D

Indeed they were

As was the last set :D :D :thumb:

ScoobyForLife27 21 October 2012 12:24 PM

Hi Bren.
Can I have the current price of coilovers for my Classic ?
Thank You

ScoobyForLife27 21 October 2012 01:04 PM

Yes, I know but there are few different prices and was wondering what's the most current one ?

lennyd 05 January 2013 07:49 PM

Hi Bren,

I have a 98 Legacy GTB bh5 and need a bit of advice for ordering bc's and a whileline alk.

I have a bit of a sound system in the boot weighing around 60 kilos. Plus constantly a set of golf bats and power trolley.

I want a set-up that's not going to rattle my teeth out but can still take on the bumps and jumps on a back road then pull up at an occasional track day and stiffen her up a bit

Can you recommend a spring rating for front and rear and pm me a price for coilovers and alk

Cheers
Lenny

bren@apex 07 January 2013 04:08 PM

Let me see what we can do, by the sound of it you are going to need a long travel supple set up with a stiffer rear spring rate than the norm.

lennyd 07 January 2013 07:20 PM

Sorry Bren, I rang your no. in the your sig but couldn't get through to you so I spoke to Kev and he reckoned 8s front and rear would be ok so I ordered them and a whiteline alk

Simon Jackson 20 June 2013 07:58 PM

What's best price you can do for bc coilovers for my wr1 blob eye? thanks :)