ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   Newcastle Scoobs please sign in!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/389840-newcastle-scoobs-please-sign-in.html)

richiewong 09 March 2005 09:43 AM

Morning All

£85k:eek: must be nice even after tax and wages, hours must be a pain in the arse though:rolleyes:

Ninnybobs 09 March 2005 10:57 AM

Morning All

Martin

Vipa 09 March 2005 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnybobs
Morning All

Martin

Mornin.... well afternoon now

Paul

Vipa 09 March 2005 02:43 PM

OK..... "Mission" update...

General enclosure tickets for LeMans (basically access to everywhere but the covered grandstands and pits) = £53 and from what I have read also includes parking and camping spot (1 car/camp spot per ticket) but may be wrong on this bit.

By the sounds of it tickets are in quite short supply especially if you want a spot for car & tent (which we will) so we really do need to get some idea of interest / viability ASAP.????

Also I have confirmed that the Nurburgring IS open for public access at various times on the Monday & Tuesday following LeMans weekend.

RSVP :D

Paul

SUBTYPER 09 March 2005 03:48 PM

Afternooon all. This Le mans trip sounds very good I was in the Le man region last year and the amount of Supercars in convoy going and coming back was fantastic a real motorshow on wheels. I would def be up for it depending on costs. Mickey was probably going past at about 1pm matey. Think I saw you valeting a ford focus. Your Scooby looks well mint matey. These car washes must be doing really well like cause all the owners have real flashy cars the one in Byker has a Yellow Evo 7 and the Blythe one has a BMW M3 I think. And the flashiest of them all is in Benton White and Red Subaru. Gonna keep my eye open at the other washes i past and see what motors they drive.

SCD Simon 09 March 2005 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnybobs
Hello Simon,

Nice to hear from you again.......................How are you doing?

Hope to see you soon

Martin

Thanks Martin
I'm getting there, off to the hospital tomorrow to see if everything is ok then i guess if it is it will be time for some physio. Oh happy days (aint driven the scoob since 29th of Jan now :()

Originally Posted by BAH
Hey simon,

Good to see you posting again...

Cheers Brian
Can't sit for a long time at the computer at present as it's still a bit painful :(

Vipa 09 March 2005 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by SUBTYPER
Afternooon all. This Le mans trip sounds very good I was in the Le man region last year and the amount of Supercars in convoy going and coming back was fantastic a real motorshow on wheels. I would def be up for it depending on costs.

I've copied and pasted my preliminary costings below (I'm sure they could be brought down slightly too.) Also the extended 'mission' taking in Amsterdam & the ring was a additional thought. (Bear in mind LeMans didn't figure in the original suggestion but I estimate aproximately £120 difference between just doing the ring and doing the whole lot!!)

The cheapest overnight ferry taking us over Le Mans weekend appears to be Newcastle to Ijmuden and back - the quote I got for car & 1 person with cabin = £224. Hull-Rotterdam was more expensive. Advantage to this is no drive in UK and arrive fresh in the AM on the continent and very near to Amsterdam so minimal fuel use over there.

Dover calais was £98 return but a 343 mile drive to get there so there and back is 2 tanks of fuel (for me on a motorway run) so another £90. Also this puts us miles away from where we want to be so extra fuel cost there which will almost certainly take us beyond the cost of N/castle-Ijmuden.

Mileage:

Ijmunden - Amsterdam = 15m
Amsterdam - Le Mans = 439m
Le Mans - Nurburgring = 436m
Nurburgring - Ijmunden = 233m

Total = 1123m !!!!!!!!

A lot of this will be motorway miles so you need to work out what you will use based on experience of your own car but for me that equates to approx 4 tank fulls @ £45ish so £180 in juice.

Total cost:

Ferry = £224
Fuel = £180
Camping = £40 (guess)
Food/beer = £100 (guess)
LeMans track admission = £53

Total = £597ish

If however you work and think like me i.e. fuel, food & drink are expected expenses whatever..... then the cost of the trip is:

£317ish

If anyone is genuinely up for this PLEASE let me know ASAP..... If 2 or 3 others are definately interested then I will get more accurate costings etc. and we can discuss the finer points between us.

Cheers
Paul

StickyMicky 09 March 2005 07:17 PM

These car washes must be doing really well like cause all the owners have real flashy cars the one in Byker has a Yellow Evo 7 and the Blythe one has a BMW M3 I think. And the flashiest of them all is in Benton White and Red Subaru. Gonna keep my eye open at the other washes i past and see what motors they drive.

the byker one is run by my mate PhilG :D
he basicaly "got" me my site

cheers phil!!

you would be suprised how much money you can earn from a carwash :eek:
i have no regrets from leaving nissan/johnsons production lines

i most of the entire day today playing GT4 in the office and answering the phone :p
its a hard life!

SteveCMY97 09 March 2005 11:13 PM

is GT4 as good as expected then ??????

StickyMicky 09 March 2005 11:39 PM

aye

STi Paul 10 March 2005 07:34 AM

Challange time then everyone.

GT4
Arcade mode
Mini Cooper S
Nurburgring
No Mods, except 20% extra power, 10% less weight.

Your best time???????????????

First time round, 9.46
Best so far, a disapointing 9.23

Fingers at the ready................................

Paul

Ninnybobs 10 March 2005 11:12 AM

Mornin All,

Martin

SCD Simon 10 March 2005 12:19 PM

Afternoon all
I can't get out to get a copy of GT4 :(:(:(
I will have to force the good lady to go for it :D

Vipa 10 March 2005 01:36 PM

I've got GT3

Is GT4 better enough to warrant the upgrade?

Paul

STi Paul 10 March 2005 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Vipa
I've got GT3

Is GT4 better enough to warrant the upgrade?

Paul

Pressy from the wife, only £30 from Granger Games.

Whats 30 squids, when you can practice the nurburgring all day?????, :norty: :norty: :norty: (without bending your own car), its quite realistic, even all the writing on the track.

You can even carry over 100K credits from GT3, to help get you started.

Paul :) :)

Vipa 10 March 2005 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by STi Paul
Whats 30 squids, when you can practice the nurburgring all day?????, :norty: :norty: :norty: (without bending your own car), its quite realistic, even all the writing on the track.

Is that a subtle way of saying you're up for the 'mission' then Paul? :D

Paul

SUBTYPER 10 March 2005 02:04 PM

Afternoon everyone. Sounds Like Fun vipa. Will talk with the financial Advisor and get back to you.She is saving for a wedding so might incorparate this with a stag sort of thingy

Vipa 10 March 2005 02:25 PM

Afternoon everyone. Sounds Like Fun vipa. Will talk with the financial Advisor and get back to you.She is saving for a wedding so might incorparate this with a stag sort of thingy

And what a stag sort of thingy it would be :D

SUBTYPER 10 March 2005 02:32 PM

OH YES YES YES (as once quoted by a certain dog) LOL and I aint on about the spice girls

SUBTYPER 10 March 2005 03:10 PM

Vipa have you seen the website www.speedferries.com they are booking crossings from as little as £38 for a car and two passengers dover to bologne return stay length not dependant

SUBTYPER 10 March 2005 03:13 PM

Hi Paul hows it going got your turbo sorted yet.

Vipa 10 March 2005 03:19 PM

Vipa have you seen the website www.speedferries.com they are booking crossings from as little as 38£ for a car and two passengers dover to bolonge return stay length not dependant

Certainly the cheaper way to do it although it does mean 6-700 miles driving in the UK (Dover & back) so you need to add at least 2 tankfulls on to the ferry fare....

If we can get enough interest.... and lets face it.... what constitutes enough???? (as long as I'm not going alone I don't care) We can get together for a full mission briefing/decision making session/BEER and agree on the way forward.

I wouldn't mind the drive to Dover... I actually think that's an important and exciting start to any Euro driving holiday (apart from the M25) and also puts us closer to LeMans but probably takes Amsterdam out of the loop (from a purely practical point of view but not out of the question)

Calais - LeMans = 306m
LeMans - Nurburgring = 437m
Nurburgring - Calais = 281m

Total = 1024m

Need people to start putting thier hands up as interested ASAP so the escape committee can organise the first meeting.... If we're not quick we run the risk of not getting passes to LeMans and the ferries are gonna start to get booked up!

Paul

Sorry... got carried away with calais there.... difference is negligible

SUBTYPER 10 March 2005 03:29 PM

Well its just another Option i thought I would put forward and dont mind either way.

Ninnybobs 10 March 2005 04:30 PM

Thats odd................I thought Amsterdam was the main reason for going ;)

Martin

SUBTYPER 10 March 2005 04:32 PM

Nah Martin Amsterdam was your main reason for going LOL. Just cause you wanna compare prices to Middlesborough LOL. We could call by Paris instead see Euro Disney and have a massive Euro NBO meet in their carparks

SUBTYPER 10 March 2005 04:33 PM

Now where`s Misiour Harding gone to organise that one

SUBTYPER 10 March 2005 04:35 PM

Can you tell I can speak French better than i can write it LOL And the french chatter is crap. The easiest way to communicate is to speak slower and louder LOL

Vipa 10 March 2005 04:55 PM

I'm guessing I can count you as 'in' Sub.... (permissions pending of course)...

Martin.... do you think you'll be able to get a weekend pass out?

If you can.... that's 3 of us already :D

SUBTYPER 10 March 2005 05:17 PM

Yeah pending permission count me in Vipa.

martyrobertsdj 10 March 2005 08:37 PM

It's f-f-f-f-fooookin' f-f-f-f-freeeezin' here!!!!!

Norway......nice place when the sun shines, but when it's cold, it's COLD!!

Nothing Scooby-like about my last few weeks. More than half way through my trip now though, so I'm on the run-down.

I'm going to miss the TTS rolling road day by 1 day....not unusual for me to miss events by one day eh Martin!!! (Thought I'd get it in before you did!!!)

Got to get some Scooby days in this year, although I have no doubt whatsoever that my Mrs is going to whinge and moan about "saving every penny for the house", etc, etc, blah, blah, blah!!! Anyone know any hitmen?

Marty